US Politics - Hot takes from my cold dead hands

Larry of the Lawn

59 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Ah this isn’t a response to you specifically but I see this sentiment way too much. Also think it’s a bit weird how people so casually brush off the destruction of something some people rely to give them money to do things like get food and pay rent or if they’re the owner have staked their entire lives in. 

There's a difference between having stuff and and being alive.  The idea that it's ok to kill somebody to protect stuff is what's being challenged.  

40 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

There's a difference between having stuff and and being alive. 

Absolutely. But can you see how a small buisness burning down can hurt real people in significant ways?

41 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

The idea that it's ok to kill somebody to protect stuff is what's being challenged.  

Not really though given that Rittenhouse hadn’t actually killed somebody to protect stuff.

Also in America whether one thinks it’s wrong or right, using lethal force to protect property isn’t some outlandish concept. 

33 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Absolutely. But can you see how a small buisness burning down can hurt real people in significant ways?

Not really though given that Rittenhouse hadn’t actually killed somebody to protect stuff.

Also in America whether one thinks it’s wrong or right, using lethal force to protect property isn’t some outlandish concept. 

Can you see how shooting someone can hurt real people in significant ways?

33 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

It's specifically illegal in Wisconsin to use force or violence to protect one's private property. So yeah, it's 1,000% outlandish for Rittenhouse to think he can use deadly force to protect property he has no connection to. 

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yes. Now can you answer my question in good faith?

Sure- while property damage can harm people, it's not equivalent to actually physically harming or killing someone.  That's the entire point.  That's why people keep bringing it up.  Not sure why that bothers you so much.  This is the weirdest hill I think I've seen anyone die on here.  

2 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

Sure- while property damage can harm people, it's not equivalent to actually physically harming or killing someone.

Who said it was?

That's the entire point. 

The point I gleam is a callous disregard for real suffering of people as a result of riots being trivial and ultimately not a great concern to anyone.

12 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Who said it was?

The point I gleam is a callous disregard for real suffering of people as a result of riots being trivial and ultimately not a great concern to anyone.

Callous disregard?  If you only knew.  I'm sitting here twirling my moustache and cackling everytime some property gets damaged.  Uproarious laughter cascades through my apt as I delight in imagining someone's livelihood being destroyed.   

Just now, HoodedCrow said:

Real empathy means caring about the people killed ( or permanently maimed), the survivors, and equating them to property damage  says a lot about the lack of empathy of your argument.

I didn’t equate killing people to  property damage. I showed disgust at a level of apathy towards the suffering people had been dealt at the hands of the riots as nothing anyone should be seriously concerned about. 

Just now, 1066 Larry said:

Callous disregard

Yes.

1 minute ago, 1066 Larry said:

I'm sitting here twirling my moustache and cackling everytime some property gets damaged. 

Do you get how some regular people can be out of a job and a way to get the food they need to live if their place of employment is destroyed right?  
Like the overreaching effects on their lives is a bit more substantial than you dropping your phone and cracking it.

35 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

Sure- while property damage can harm people, it's not equivalent to actually physically harming or killing someone.  That's the entire point.  That's why people keep bringing it up.  Not sure why that bothers you so much.  This is the weirdest hill I think I've seen anyone die on here.  

You've obviously never heard of the hills in the Ottoman Empire...

But really, property that is destroyed can be rebuilt.  Lives that are taken cannot be brought back. 

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

But really, property that is destroyed can be rebuilt.

In the meantime some people have to find a way to pay rent and buy food as they have no income.

You get how the level of property damage in Kenosha wasn’t to the level  cracking your phone right?

To be clear I understand why riots can happen; they can often from real social injustices which compound on the psyche of a group until it takes one more visibly wrong for the them to erupt and sometimes a little eruption may be necessary. Without the race riots in the 60s people would be more likely to ignore the civil rights activists trying to make strides peacefully but more easily ignorable than the riots.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

In the meantime some people have to find a way to pay rent and buy food as they have no income.

Whatabout the starving people on the other side of the world?  you've been awfully silent and dismissive of that suffering.  It's worse than breaking your iphone or spilling your latte, you know.  Shaking my big sad head.

Sometimes you just can't have it both ways.  Though based on your comments, if your home and your neighbor's home were burning, and you olyy had time to ensure either he was okay and safe or put the fire out in your own home, you'd choose selfishness. 

Whatabout the starving people on the other side of the world?  y

Tragical. It’s a callous move to sneer at the idea of caring about that.

4 minutes ago, 1066 Larry said:

Shaking my big sad head.

Hey quick question those Korean business owners in the la riots do you sneer at them?

Just now, Jaxom 1974 said:

Sometimes you just can't have it both ways.

True. 

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Though based on your comments, if your home and your neighbor's home were burning, and you olyy had time to ensure either he was okay and safe or put the fire out in your own home, you'd choose selfishness. 

Why? Because I wouldn’t Blaisely go “it’s just property no need to worry” if my neighbor’s home burned down?

Tragical. It’s a callous move to sneer at the idea of caring about that.

Hey quick question those Korean business owners in the la riots do you sneer at them?

Yeah.  My nickname used to be the Sneerer of Suffering.  

Kind of weird and callous how you have such disregard for orphaned children.   And abused puppies.  

Also a little bit suspect that you haven't publicly denounced water boarding. I see what's going on here.

Archived