US Politics: Turkeys Available Here

DMC

7 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

And there was a small crowd of rioters in that lot who were probably not on Rittenhouse's side.

Why weren't they on Rittenhouse's side? 

8 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Who knows what would have happened? Maybe Ziminski would have shot Rittenhouse in the head while Rosenbaum and Rittenhouse were struggling for the rifle.

It's also common to fire a warning shot in the air so the guy you're trying to get the jump on can better prepare for the oncoming headshot [eyeroll] 

GTFO lol  

Just now, Mister Smikes said:

Well good for you then.  But I cannot agree that your situation involved no danger whatsoever.

Well, I was there and you weren’t, so I don’t need you to explain it to me. I was outsized and outnumbered because I am one smallish lady. But I didn’t confront anyone and that kind of attitude is what escalates shit. I just took the gas can and went back to my house across the street and otherwise ignored the people looking to burn down the gas station (which would have been fine with me except it was too close to my neighbor’s house because I care about people, not property). 

It’s macho bullshit attitudes about confronting people and having armed backup and acting like everything is probably going to be a violent encounter that causes shit like these deaths.

It is also worth noting that during the entire time, for which I was awake and outside keeping an eye on things, the only people who ever threatened me in any way were law enforcement. And all I was doing was sitting in front of my house (usually with a book) to be available in case someone needed first aid and to tell Boogaloo types to go someplace else. If Rittenhouse had kept calm, two people would be alive who aren’t today. That’s why you don’t give an unsupervised child an AR and bring him to a civil uprising

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

Have you never been in a fight? Common pugilist parlance 

It wasn’t in a fight when this deranged man said he’d murder Rittenhouse
then he’d tried to grab Rittenhouse’s gun.

Going for the gun is what an unarmed facing an armed opponent would do, yeah-- I've done it

Depending on the circumstances you’re actions can be considered incredibly stupid. 
Especially you said you’d kill someone before you went for their gun.

You're telling everyone you're a talker every time you open your cheesepipe, dude lol

I’m 5,6 and massively overweight, and generally freeze when someone expresses a degree of hostility towards me in real life. I know I wouldn’t be winning many actual fights. But at least I know knowing karate doesn’t makes lie the movie version of Jackie Chan.

Why weren't they on Rittenhouse's side? 

Their emotions/adrenaline got the better of them and rittenhouse shooting someone provided them another excuse to exercise violence. 
The person shouting “cranium him” didn’t know the context of his actions. Nor did they care.

It's also common to fire a warning shot in the air so the guy you're trying to get the jump on can better prepare for the oncoming headshot

Yeah how unreasonable for rittenhouse for fearing the guys who just do things like fire guns whilst chasing him and say they’ll kill him.

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

which would have been fine with me except it was too close to my neighbor’s house because I care about people, not property). 

Because no one ever needs a piece of property for anything huh :rolleyes:.

Fuck the property of others—unless it’s from people you personally feel a connection to.

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I was awake and outside keeping an eye on things, the only people who ever threatened me in any way were law enforcement.

And else where people were being threatened by rioters.

33 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

It wasn’t in a fight when this deranged man said he’d murder Rittenhouse then he’d tried to grab Rittenhouse’s gun.

Please. It could've been a fight, or he could've stood Rosenbaum down, but all your blathering is just illustrating that Rittenhouse was a piss scared kid whose exposure to guns should've stayed on the range. Hell of a legacy, being a chickenshit killer.

Depending on the circumstances you’re actions can be considered incredibly stupid. 
Especially you said you’d kill someone before you went for their gun.

When you can't run, what do you do.

Rhetorical, your opinion is not required.

I’m 5,6 and massively overweight, and generally freeze when someone expresses a degree of hostility towards me in real life. I know I wouldn’t be winning many actual fights. But at least I know knowing karate doesn’t makes lie the movie version of Jackie Chan.

That explains a few things. You and I are quite different, and likewise have had very different experiences. 

29 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Their emotions/adrenaline got the better of them.

Whose emotions, how many? How many stuck around after the first shot was fired into the air, much less the four Rittenhouse put into Rosenbaum.

But just prior, Rittenhouse was wandering around, looking for what, precisely? Dude wasn't exactly near the car dealership anymore was he? Why not? He was out looking for 'action,' without having the requisite imagination to even grasp that he shouldn't have been. 

All this fearspak from your PoV is just reinforcing that Rittenhouse, as an individual, had no place being there-- especially armed.

Kay, and many others, are 100 on this.

29 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yeah how unreasonable for rittenhouse for fearing the guys who just do things like fire guns whilst chasing him and say they’ll kill him.

You've been repeating this talking point for days. If that's all you got you should just admit it's fucked up and move on. I'm tired of reading it, and would rather learn something else.  

7 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Please. It could've been a fight,

It wasn’t though and him trying to runaway showed he didn’t want one.

7 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

or he could've stood Rosenbaum down,

What lol?

8 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

but all your blathering is just illustrating that Rittenhouse was a piss scared kid whose exposure to guns should've stayed on the range.

Yes, Rittenhouse was piss scared at the man saying he’d kill Rittenhouse and tried to take his firearm to possibly do just that. 
Truly Rittenhouse was especially cowardly for…worrying about the manic chasing after him and saying he’d kill him.

11 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

When you can't run, what do you do.

That’s why I included the phrase depending on the circumstances.

And Rittenhouse tried running from the men firing guns and saying they’ll kill him.

He couldn’t escape them though.

when did either of the man chasing him not have the option to get away from Rittenhouse?

14 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

That explains a few things. You and I are quite different, and likewise have had very different experiences. 

Agreed I for one am too cowardly to go up to armed strangers, say I’ll kill em, and try to take their gun.

You may be.

14 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I see I won’t get you to just admit your true desire; of wanting anyone including children to be brutalized if they hold certain political views.

That's funny lol

Good one.

---

Speaking of funny:

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Funny because it’s true. If it hurts people I dislike it must be good. If Rittenhouse wanted to defend himself should’ve got better politics. 

[sigh]

Imma put this intimacy to soundtrack

10 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

The issue is not whether Rosenbaum deserved to die.  

This really needs to be understood. 
The merits of a person’s claim of self-defense isn’t contingent on the goodness or badness of their alleged aggressor.

Its contingent upon whether the force used by the person was reasonable in response to an alleged mistreatment.

I Remember a couple months people insisted a cop was heinous monster comparable to Chauvin because he…shot someone about to stab someone else.

12 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

Not all, just some.

Not all those at Kenosha protecting buildings were armed, as footage from that night shows. 

12 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

It was also organized by the businesses

The police chief and sheriff were contacted and informed by the open carry guys of their plans, although it's an open question whether they responded directly. Besides that, Rittenhouse and others specifically believed that the owners of Car Source had asked for their help.  The owners said they hadn't, multiple other witnesses said they had.

Did all the people protecting buildings in Minneapolis have direct knowledge that businesses asked them to help, or did some of them trust the word of others? What seems more realistic to you?

Oh, and they also got signoff from the local city:

Not actually necessary for people to do something they had a legal right to do, but a good idea to avoid unnecessary confusion.

Also, if this means safely coordinating with the police, that happened at Kenosha, as footage and accounts from from that night show. Interestingly, there's no reporting that I know of that those protecting buildings ever "clashed" with authorities as, apparently, the AIM folks did in Minneapolis when the National Guard rolled in.

But what's actually important on the night is did all the protestors and rioters in Minneapolis know the city and the businesses had said it's okay? It's not like legal notices were beamed into people's heads. 

And if there are people peacefully protesting and others rioting, does it matter whether someone had specific permission or not? You're still talking about people with guns "taking the law into their own hands", going so far as detaining people in the name of protecting property, and thanks to those weapons potentially escalating violence. Which a lot of people here have decried in Kenosha, but have studiously ignored -- until, I acknowledge, you tried to grapple with it -- in Minneapolis.

It seems like incredible hypocrisy to me, personally. If people decried Minneapolis vigilantism as they did Kenosha vigilantism because of the risk of escalating violence, regardless of their beliefs about the intentions or ideologies of the vigilantes, that would be a consistent, as well as an intellectually and morally defensible position.

(Possibly you do in fact decry it, and are just explaining why the local press and residents quoted did not do so, which is fair enough.)

28 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Hmm. Alright.

I see I won’t get you to just admit your true desire; of wanting anyone including children to be brutalized if they hold certain political views.

Do you agree that 'children' shouldn't be walking around the streets during a riot carrying weapons, and he put himself in a wholly avoidable and unnecessary amount of risk, which led to 2 deaths?

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

Do you agree that 'children' shouldn't be walking around the streets during a riot carrying weapon

Yes.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

he put himself in a wholly avoidable and unnecessary amount of risk,

No more than most people that night probably.

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

which led to 2 deaths?

How much blame should a person get who jaywalks and gets struck by a drunk driver?

16 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

okay buddy, just don’t go grabbing random people’s guns and threatening to kill them. That can be…bad. For you for them, for others etc. 

You think you have mind powers don't you

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

How much blame should a person get who jaywalks and gets struck by a drunk driver?

Which one is Kyle in this childish false equivalency lol

[queues up Run DMC's You Talk Too Much]

Archived