US Politics: Turkeys Available Here

DMC

17 minutes ago, sologdin said:

did anyone check far right populist websites to see if they decided to become decent members of society after the arbery verdict, or if they still promote the same fascist oplocratic doctrine discovered by concerned boarders after the rittenhouse verdict? 

I have. They’ve all decided Fascism is over now because of this one criminal case.

3 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Did the police know Rittenhouse had on the night?

Also, would you declare them guilty of murder if they had?

A.) Yeah, the police was aware shots had been fired and people were screaming Rittenhouse had shot someone. So the cops being unaware of him being an active shooter is a nice fantasy.

B.) Could you stop moving goal posts? I am tired of your little pointless hypotheticals.

The bottom line is, unlike Rittenhouse they didn't shoot anybody, plain and simple. Would you agree, that somebody likening a hypothetical murder to an actual murder to defend his position is clutching for straw and intellectually either dishonest or not playing with a full deck?

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

A.) Yeah, the police was aware shots had been fired and people were screaming Rittenhouse had shot someone.

The testimony from police was:

But Moretti disputed that narrative on Friday. Moretti told the court there were several reasons why he and his partner hadn't suspected that Rittenhouse was the shooter - namely, they could still hear active gunfire as Rittenhouse approached.

"There was still gunfire erupting around us while we were still out on Sheridan, so we still thought there was an active threat," Moretti said. He testified that he and his partner's goal had been to identify the source of the gunfire.

So they denied knowing anything about Rittenhouse being connected to the shooting, since they saw some sort of commotion down the road and continued to hear gunfire. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

The testimony from police was:

So they denied knowing anything about Rittenhouse being connected to the shooting, since they saw some sort of commotion down the road and continued to hear gunfire. 

Wasn't aware of that statement. But I find it hard to believe that in an active shooter situation a black dude with AR 15 walking towards the cops would live to tell the story. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Could you stop moving goal posts? I am tired of your little pointless hypotheticals.

What goal-posts had been moved? 

The bottom line is, unlike Rittenhouse they didn't shoot anybody,

Perhaps Because no one screamed they’d murder them and tried to then take their guns.

and then chase after them. 
Also in the case of the girl she like Rittenhouse was a child who should have been at home.

Would you agree, that somebody likening a hypothetical murder

So it would be murder if they had killed someone that night in the name of “self-defense.” Alright then.

18 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

What goal-posts had been moved? 

You started by equating them to Rittenhouse, which in itself is absurd, they didn't kill anybody. 

Then instead of crawling back into your cave, you go on about:

But what if....

And you do it over and over again.

Perhaps Because no one screamed they’d murder them and tried to then take their guns.

and then chase after them. 
Also in the case of the girl she like Rittenhouse was a child who should have been at home.

Did she shoot at someone? No. How about you compare that murderous HJ soldier boy to somebody who actually shot somebody? If you can't, put a sock in it. The curfew violation with Rittenhouse is only relevant as in, that him violating curfew and being gun waving dickhead, was the sole reason the situation escalated. Thus he claimed self-defense while being in the process of committing a crime. 

So that comparission only gets relevant if she shoots somebody in self-defense. Do you get that, or... No, nevermind. I will not ask whether you act stupid, or actually are stupid. As that'd be a pretty meaningless distinction at that point.

So it would be murder if they had killed someone that night in the name of “self-defense.” Alright then.

Again, unlike Rittenhouse they didn'T kill anybody. Do you understand that basic concept?

Killer - not a killer. 

21 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You started by equating them to Rittenhouse,

In terms of their actions before the shooting—they’re exactly the same with the same levels of risks and “provocation” coming to a protest visibly armed holds.

which in itself is absurd, they didn't kill anybody. 

But their guns showed they—were prepared to yes?

Then instead of crawling back into your cave, you go on about:

It’s child-endangerment to give them a gun and take to play them to play body-guard at protest for anything ever.

But I guess they’re woke it’s morally okay I guess?

Did she shoot at someone? No.

Was she 15? Should had been out there? Should she have been in the position to where she could be expected to shoot another human being?

How about you compare that murderous HJ soldier boy to somebody who actually shot somebody?

How about you just condemn the parent and daughter for engaging in the same reckless behavior that you’ve no problem decrying Rittenhouse for? 
Wait so to be clear I guess none of the right-wing militia folk in Kenosha did anything wrong because they also didn’t shoot anyone.

That's your issue? Really?

Not purely no.

Yeah, the father putting a gun into the hands of 15 y.o. is reckless idiot. No argument there.

29 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Agreed. He’s like they were in put position to where there was a question of preserving their safety or shooting someone.

I find open carry laws to be absurd and failsafe receipe for disaster, but that's for the people of Wisconsin to sort. Weren't you actually banging on about open carry last couple of threads?

I think I stated they’re dumb at some points. Least on an individual level

So while I find them appaling on human, social, and probably aesthetical level, no, they apparently didn't do anything that matters on a criminal level.

Ah. I would disagree just a little . They did violate curfew which to be fair is a minor offense. 

Going by the sheer sillyness of your posts, you concede she didn't kill anybody?

She didn’t have to deal with someone like Rosenbaum alone thankfully. 

33 minutes ago, karaddin said:

After the last dozens of pages of certain arguments on repeat, someone who was unfamiliar with the case could be forgiven for thinking Rosenbaum was the killer and Rittenhouse his victim.

Yeah I decided to employ that feature to facilitate Ran's request to stop repeating the same thing again and again.

Someone unfamiliar with the case would think Rosenbaum was shot for being woke, just throwing a plastic bag or just being mentally ill if none of his erratic and homicidal behavior was noted.

I’ll stop noting the things he did that got him shot when people stop intentionally or unintentionally misconstruing what he did to get shot.

To be clear I understand she’s ignored this is just speaking to anyone reading in general. 

Just a request, but considering the verdict is almost a week old now, can maybe the people that just can't let this go take it to its own thread?  This doesn't seem to be remotely about US politics anymore.

18 minutes ago, Ran said:

Good thought. New thread for discussions of Kenosha, etc., for those who want it, otherwise back to regular politics.

Eh. At this a bit much altogether. I can’t think of any good argument to shift anyone whose been reading this exchange minds. Glad I changed one person’s mind apparently at least lol.

well in any case; https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/11/23/thomas-jefferson-statue-removed-nyc-slaveowner/

I do think stunts like these are a mistake on the left’s part. on a purely There’s value in trying to appropriate figures central to a nation’s origin to get people to try to emulate certain values. 
You know like championing secluariem like Jefferson and many of the founders did.

9 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Because no one ever needs a piece of property for anything huh :rolleyes:.

Fuck the property of others—unless it’s from people you personally feel a connection to.

And else where people were being threatened by rioters.

Yes, fuck me for prioritizing the lives of my neighbors over the property of the corporate chain gas station next to their home. Speedway corporation is not a person, it’s property is something it should look out for with its own resources. Here in Minneapolis, the people who were killed were not killed by rioters. They were killed by people “protecting businesses” and cops. Just like in Kenosha.

Personally, I don't have time for this small-time turkey business. Way too busy getting ready for the War on Christmas.

Lara Trump claims pricier turkeys are a liberal plot against Thanksgiving
Ex-president’s daughter-in-law tells Fox News leftwing Americans ‘don’t want us to have any shared traditions’

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/25/lara-trump-turkeys-liberal-plot-thanksgiving

Lara Trump, the Fox News contributor and wife of Eric Trump, has bizarrely claimed that the rising cost of the Thanksgiving turkey is part of a liberal plot to “chip away” at American traditions.

During a discussion on Fox News about inflation and its impact on Thanksgiving-related purchases, the former president’s daughter-in law claimed leftwing Americans “want to fundamentally transform America” and were using the humble Thanksgiving turkey as a vehicle for their nefarious plot.

“Well, how do you that? You have to change America from the inside-out. You have to take away our traditions. So it might seem a little funny and a little ridiculous. ‘Oh, don’t have a turkey, then people won’t come over.’”

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Just a request, but considering the verdict is almost a week old now, can maybe the people that just can't let this go take it to its own thread?  This doesn't seem to be remotely about US politics anymore.

I haven’t bothered with this thread for a week because of the ludicrous arguments going on. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

Ya know, in the spirit of Thanksgiving i'll just be done and let master smacks live out his fantasy. 

@Ran, to be clear I don't support that AIM thing either. I think its a bad idea. I think its a bad idea for the black guy and his daughter too. I think the AIM thing is a less bad idea and was done with far more thought and safety, but it was only a step or two away from becoming an illegal detainment story or worse, and the national guard thing could have been so much worse. 

2 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Yes, fuck me for prioritizing the lives of my neighbors

I assume this meant they were in the house. But I think you understand why it’d still be bad for them to lose their home by itself even if “property”

This casual dismissal of destruction that happens in riots don’t help anyone. 

It’s okay to feel towards a person’s home or livelihood being destroyed.

Speedway corporation is not a person, it’s property is something it should look out for with its own resources.

are you under the impression that all business targeted in riots are apart of mega-conglomerate that can replace anything broken? 

Here in Minneapolis, the people who were killed were not killed by rioters.

I know there’s been at least one pawn shop owner killed by looters during the riots immediately after Floyd’s death. 

What person  has been documented as having been killed by the police during a riot in Minneapolis in 2020?

3 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I assume this meant they were in the house. But I think you understand why it’d still be bad for them to lose their home by itself even if “property”

This casual dismissal of destruction that happens in riots don’t help anyone. 

It’s okay to feel towards a person’s home or livelihood being destroyed.

are you under the impression that all business targeted in riots are apart of mega-conglomerate that can replace anything broken? 

I know there’s been at least one pawn shop owner killed by looters during the riots immediately after Floyd’s death. 

What person  has been documented as having been killed by the police during a riot in Minneapolis in 2020?

It didn’t make the news but my friend Norman had a skull fracture from a rubber bullet while protesting peacefully. Almost a year later he was found unconscious and spent two weeks in a coma he never woke up from. The only reason the doctors could think of for a relatively young and healthy guy to suddenly go comatose with no signs of clots or anything else would have been his traumatic brain injury

edit to add- the rest I won’t bother with, as you seem to be deliberately taking me talking about a very specific situation I experienced to be about other shit. Obviously I was talking about that particular gas station which does happen to be a National corporate chain. 

Archived