MCU: a very special Hawkeye Christmas…

Ser Scot A Ellison

1 hour ago, mormont said:

St Simon of Callow did not get brutally sword murdered in episode 1 for you to call this show lighthearted!

ETA - seriously though. I'll be glad if they do properly address the pretty dark stuff Clint did as Ronin. There's been a distinct suggestion that they will but if they go down the 'it was Jack in the suit who murdered Echo's dad' road that will look like they're not really committing to dealing with that.

yeah, they need to do more to address it. The notion that, in addition to his own murders, his guilt comes from Clint starting something outside of his control by introducing the Ronin suit to the world, giving petty criminals the chance to go on a murderous rampage, is interesting though.

Speaking of dark stuff, I’m pretty sure Maya tried to murder the two hawkeyes multiple times in that episode, her hero journey is going to be an interesting one too.

Apparently the No Way Home soundtrack was leaked on the weekend, and there are spoilers in the track titles and the tracks themselves

Spoiler

because familiar themes from McGuire and Garfield spideys are heard.   Also a character death.   Sounds like the 3 spideys don't happen until the 3rd act.

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Damn that felt short and pretty inconsequential.

Minor thing, but my understanding was that "the blip" was everyone coming back and "the snap" was when they disappeared. 

I thought ‘the blip’ was just a general term for the whole five years.

Not a bad episode, but yea when this is only a five week show it doesn’t feel like a huge amount happened. Any theories on who the watch belongs to?

20 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Not a bad episode, but yea when this is only a five week show it doesn’t feel like a huge amount happened. Any theories on who the watch belongs to?

Six episodes, so two more to go. Yeah, it does feel like they need to step up the pacing, but it also feels like the plot isn't that complicated and they could wrap it up pretty easily.

I actually liked this episode. It reminded me of the boat episode of Falcon and Winter Solider, so naturally it was my favorite episode. I like that it didn't over use action, like last weeks episode did.

5 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Isn’t that Tony’s watch from “Civil War” that morphed into an Iron man suit gaunlet?

The Thanos Was Right mug Clint was drinking coffee out of was *Chef's kiss*

i liked how right after that moment, bishop entered with a soviet cosmonaut shirt, a good comic purist moment. i miss that dog.

Isn’t that Tony’s watch from “Civil War” that morphed into an Iron man suit gauntlet?

that was a smartwatch, rather than a traditional rolex.  he wears bulgaris and jaegers in earlier installments; in endgame, it's an urwerk. downey jr is apparently a watch collector.

Downey did get the watches from the films -- he still has a JLC tourbillon from one of the movies, and he donated the Urwerk to a charity auction. 

Downey does have a nice collection, but came off as something of a dilettante when he was featured in a GQ video showing some of his watches. They're primarily fashion accessories, and purchased with that thought foremost. The horology seems to be of little interest.

Clint said the watch belonged to someone who was out of the business for a long time, but whose identity is tied to the  watch and it would be dangerous for that person if their identity got out.

Other than Clint talking about himself again in reference to his Ronin identity, there are not many options here. All of SHIELDs files were exposed to the world in Winter Soldier, so everyone knows who was an active SHIELD agent. So that pretty much eliminates the likes of Maria Hill and Sharon Carter, and possibly Nick Fury.

My thought it's his wife, Laura. It was a bit of a surprise how much in the know-how she was about spy stuff.

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Downey did get the watches from the films -- he still has a JLC tourbillon from one of the movies, and he donated the Urwerk to a charity auction. 

Downey does have a nice collection, but came off as something of a dilettante when he was featured in a GQ video showing some of his watches. They're primarily fashion accessories, and purchased with that thought foremost. The horology seems to be of little interest.

There's a watch expert (Niko Leonard) on YouTube who reviewed his watch collection and said it was shit. The man is annoying as shit but he knows his watches. 

29 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

There's a watch expert (Niko Leonard) on YouTube who reviewed his watch collection and said it was shit. The man is annoying as shit but he knows his watches. 

Hah. Did not expect to see him mentioned on this board. 

Yeah, Nico's a very LOUD person. My recollection of the video is different though -- double-checked it and he concludes that it's a small but incredible collection, even if he wasn't a fan of a couple of the pieces like the customized Rolex. (Now, when he reacts to a rapper's collection... he hates those iced-out monstrosities.)

Nico has very particular tastes. He hates Grand Seiko, for some reason, and is blasé about the (incredible) A. Lange & Söhne watches. I suspect it has a bit to do with what he has success selling at his store -- there's not huge demand for the former, and the latter requires a very particular clientele that I suspect aren't his regulars. 

Archived