Jon will never be the king of Westeros

Rondo

His story is not leading to the iron throne.  Jon has shown poor judgment at the wall.  He is not fit to be king of Westeros.  But he will lead the few remaining wildlings after Mance Rayder dies.  There,  his partiality and emotions will not be too detrimental.  The wildlings only respect strength.  Rules and restrictions are not part of their culture.  He will be the next king beyond the wall, albeit with a very small number of people.  All of this is predicated on his return as a man.  All theories go out the door if he comes back as a cold wight.  It is scary to think what he might do if he should become the Night's King and have control of the white walkers because he has a heavy grudge.  

Well, I think a discussion about who will be king is no longer needed after Isaac Hempstead Wright said Martin revealed to Game of Thrones showrunners that Bran would be king. Unless the writer changes it. Or D&D were lying about it, which I doubt. Bran being king seems a too far-fetched idea to have come out of D&D's heads.

50 minutes ago, Rondo said:

His story is not leading to the iron throne. 

I would say the same thing about Bran's story :dunno:

But I believe Jon's true role in the story is be at the front in the battle against the Others and that also will be the point of him being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Jon vying for the throne against Daenerys would be repetitive. Young Griff will do that.

Edited by Odej

9 minutes ago, Odej said:

Well, I think a discussion about who will be king is no longer needed after Isaac Hempstead Wright said Martin revealed to Game of Thrones showrunners that Bran would be king. Unless the writer changes it. Or D&D were lying about it, which I doubt. Bran being king seems a too far-fetched idea to have come out of D&D's heads

I'm hopelessly hoping that "king Bran" won't mean king of Westeros ... it could be something related to the weirwood throne he'll sit on or something!! I don't know

9 minutes ago, Odej said:

same!

He made mistakes at the Wall which he will correct upon his return, it's an arc, characters learn and grow. He is becoming what the realm will need him to be to save them from the Others, he is becoming ice. Merciless, unflinching, immoveable, he will take heads all the way south to the Iron Throne and sit on it who he believes will be the best chance to unite the realm.

He won't crown himself king, rather he'll kneel to his puppet king and and relinquish his own crown and join his realm of the North, Riverlands, Iron Islands once more to the Iron Throne of Westeros.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

His story is not leading to the iron throne.  Jon has shown poor judgment at the wall.  He is not fit to be king of Westeros.  But he will lead the few remaining wildlings after Mance Rayder dies.  There,  his partiality and emotions will not be too detrimental.  The wildlings only respect strength.  Rules and restrictions are not part of their culture.  He will be the next king beyond the wall, albeit with a very small number of people.  All of this is predicated on his return as a man.  All theories go out the door if he comes back as a cold wight.  It is scary to think what he might do if he should become the Night's King and have control of the white walkers because he has a heavy grudge.  

Jon doesn’t have the personality to rule.  He’s just terrible as lord commander.   I also believe he will come back in the form of an ice wight. 

22 minutes ago, Frosted Lucky Charms said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all

2 hours ago, Rondo said:

Happy Thanksgiving! 

You know, @Rondo and @Frosted Lucky Charms, if you want something else to do, why not go to here? I'm sure you'll have a field day. 

Somebody said something along the lines of MMD should've killed Rhaego. I'm not arguing on that point anymore, but I think you'll have a good time. 

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/157997-is-daenerys-justified-in-wiping-out-house-lannisterbaratheon-since-they-tried-to-do-the-same-to-house-targaryen/page/12/#comment-8745893

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

16 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Happy Thanksgiving! 

You know, @Rondo and @Frosted Lucky Charms, if you want something else to do, why not go to here? I'm sure you'll have a field day. 

Somebody said something along the lines of MMD should've killed Rhaego. I'm not arguing on that point anymore, but I think you'll have a good time. 

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/157997-is-daenerys-justified-in-wiping-out-house-lannisterbaratheon-since-they-tried-to-do-the-same-to-house-targaryen/page/12/#comment-8745893

sometimes I feel like you are extremely bored , even more than the rest of us!

7 hours ago, Frosted Lucky Charms said:

Jon doesn’t have the personality to rule

I disagree, I think his personality, or more accurately his persona, was excellent in Dance. He was almost always calm, stoic, reserved and dignified. It's some of his decisions that were questionable, not his personality.

8 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

I disagree, I think his personality, or more accurately his persona, was excellent in Dance. He was almost always calm, stoic, reserved and dignified. It's some of his decisions that were questionable, not his personality.

So we disagree. That’s fine by me. Jon has a touchy temperament. He has often been described as a man with a big chip on his shoulders. He attacked his training officer and tried to kill him. Jon is unfit for rule. 

16 hours ago, Odej said:

Well, I think a discussion about who will be king is no longer needed after Isaac Hempstead Wright said Martin revealed to Game of Thrones showrunners that Bran would be king. Unless the writer changes it. Or D&D were lying about it, which I doubt. Bran being king seems a too far-fetched idea to have come out of D&D's heads.

But I believe Jon's true role in the story is be at the front in the battle against the Others and that also will be the point of him being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Jon vying for the throne against Daenerys would be repetitive. Young Griff will do that.

I doubt this. The only way for the crippled Stark boy to become king of Westeros is if all of the living die and turn to wights, whom he can control. One other possibility, Bran enslaves the people with mind control. Which makes him the biggest villain in this story. 

16 hours ago, Odej said:

Well, I think a discussion about who will be king is no longer needed after Isaac Hempstead Wright said Martin revealed to Game of Thrones showrunners that Bran would be king.

Martin's agent seems to have refuted this claim saying that doesn't even know that outcome.  So I doubt Martin told Isaac that this what will happen in the books.  I think it more likely that Martin told him what the showrunners were planning for his character.

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

Martin's agent seems to have refuted this claim saying that doesn't even know that outcome.

Can you send me the link from where he said that?

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

So I doubt Martin told Isaac that this what will happen in the books.  I think it more likely that Martin told him what the showrunners were planning for his character.

Isaac never said Martin revealed something to him. Isaac said that D&D told him that Martin had revealed to them about Holdor and about Bran being king.

Edited by Odej

18 hours ago, EggBlue said:

sometimes I feel like you are extremely bored , even more than the rest of us!

I am bored. Their usual spiel of "Jon Bad" and "Starks are Cannibals who have destroyed Westeros" has lost it's comedic value. Besides, I specialize in being bored. 

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

4 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I am bored. Their usual spiel of "Jon Bad" and "Starks are Cannibals who have destroyed Westeros" has lost it's comedic value. Besides, I specialize in being bored. 

I know... what puzzles me is why they assume making Jon "Big Bad Baby Wolf" would make Dany "The Greatest Empress Who Ever Lived"!!

11 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

I found Jon in Dance a much better character than in the earlier books because (a) he’s a lot more ruthless and (b) he loses his plot armour.

48 minutes ago, Odej said:

Can you send me the link from where he said that?

Isaac never said Martin revealed something to him. Isaac said that D&D told him that Martin had revealed to them about Holdor and about Bran being king.

This thread here:

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I suspect that Dany's fate at the end of the show plays a role in their virulence...