Dreaming of a white holiday season - the annual tree decorating game

Buckwheat

My students have started humming Christmas songs back in September and were absolutely thrilled to pick names for a class Secret Santa a few days ago, so that must be a sign that the holidays are, indeed, approaching. Oh, and also today is the first Sunday of Advent, so I just decided to go ahead and start this topic which, I am sure, is going to bring us all a lot of joy.

So, welcome to our sixth, I suppose I can say traditional by now, holiday-of-your-choice decorating game!

Here are the rules, again:

1. This is the template for our tree.

2. The first player to play downloads the template from the imgur link I posted under 1. Every next player downloads the picture the player before them posted.

3. Open the picture in Paint, Photoshop or any other picture editing program. Draw decorations on it: You can add colour, an ornament, background, presents ... whatever you like and whatever you think suits our tree.

4. Save the new picture (in the jpg-format) and upload it to imgur.com. Post a direct link to the picture into this thread.

5. The next person repeats the process adding decorations to your picture etc. You can play as many times as you want.

Some reasonable guidelines about picture standards:

a) Do not change the size of the picture.

b ) Do not add explicitly sexual or violent material. I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff.

c) Try not to cover the whole tree with decorations in the first few steps, some space must be left for the next players too.

č) Do not cover/erase other people's contributions.

d) Pasting parts of other pictures/photos into this picture is allowed.

e) Using imagination is welcome.

Still unsure about how it works? You can take a look at the previous games:

• The original one: 2016
  • 2017: Rocking around the Christmas tree
  • 2018 - third time's the charm
  • 2019 and its lovely angels
  • The apocalyptic 2020

I welcome all the old and the new players who want to join and am looking forward to all the contributions! Have a happy holiday season. :) 

for those not sure when its their turn to play.   there is no real turns.   you open the picture, add a decoration or two then upload and post whenever you feel like it.  Its not good form to do too much in one go.

also its fine to cover over background colours (at this stage thats just the tree green I put in)  just not the decorations.   in fact its often best to paint the background first as it becomes really hard to do that mid game when there are lots of decorations.

@Pebble thats Stubby, yay, thank you for your contribution! And of course the clarifications, maybe it helps if new people want to join.

So today is also AIDS awareness day and some of my students spent the day distributing red ribbons and condoms at school to raise awareness. Have a sign of that on this occasion.

I hope to see more contributions from anybody! :) 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah the mince pies and the bear prints…! Though I’m a tad sad that the tree is still not covid free. 
well, you all know me and you all know what’s been missing. Enjoy! :cheers: 

YES. This is EXACTLY what's been missing. :cheers:

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah the mince pies and the bear prints…! Though I’m a tad sad that the tree is still not covid free. 
well, you all know me and you all know what’s been missing. Enjoy! :cheers: 

Hmm yes, I wondered why that hadn't been added already...

Archived