What kind of ruler Asha Greyjoy would be to the Iron Islands ?

If Asha Greyjoy really manage to become the queen or lady of the Iron Islands in the future, what kind of ruler do you think that she would really be to the Ironborn ?

What internal and external policy measures and reforms would she make ? How much of a reformist would she be ?

Whose rulers would she likely take as models or examples to guide herself ? Could she, ironically, be influenced by the northmen and the Starks in her ruling and political style following her journey in the North following her capture by Stannis ?

The future will be far too distant because the long night will last for a lifetime.  Asha will be an old woman when she sits on the seastone throne.  She will bring peace and stop their piracy.  Same was what Daenerys will do to the Meereenese, force them away from a harmful, destructive social system into something more moral.  It will bring hardships and suffering to the masters and nobles who will lose their place.  They will be forced to labor with their hands and and earn their bread.  So be it. 

I think we're likely to see (if Asha ever gets any power) a really interesting  relationship between her and the faith of the Drowned God. One of her closest allies is a  prominent priest -- and her primary political rival is a famous blasphemer. Seeing how she aligns or refuses to align herself with the traditional religion of the Iron Isles will certainly be interesting.I think we're likely to see (if Asha ever gets any power) a really interesting  relationship between her and the faith of the Drowned God. One of her closest allies is a  prominent priest -- and her primary political rival is a famous blasphemer. Seeing how she aligns or refuses to align herself with the traditional religion of the Iron Isles will certainly be interesting.

14 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

It will bring hardships and suffering to the masters and nobles who will lose their place.  They will be forced to labor with their hands and and earn their bread.  So be it. 

I don't think there's enough work to be had on the Iron Islands for the "masters and nobles" to "labor with their hands". Multiple PoVs have described the Iron Islands as being mostly barren and unfertile land. That's why almost all of the nobles become captains and sail the seas instead.

I think getting the Ironborn to accept a woman as ruler would be enough social change for Asha. She'd probably be a fairly moderate ruler and would avoid attacking too many people but I don't see her trying to make big changes to Ironborn society and culture. For example, she personally doesn't have much belief in gods but why would she try to get others to ignore or give up faith in the Drowned God? She's too pragmatic. What would that get her other than needless resistance to her rule?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, WhatAnArtist! said:

I don't think there's enough work to be had on the Iron Islands for the "masters and nobles" to "labor with their hands". Multiple PoVs have described the Iron Islands as being mostly barren and unfertile land. That's why almost all of the nobles become captains and sail the seas instead.

There is the bounty of the seas.  Fishing, crabbing, farming oysters, and shipbuilding. 

Archived