Who is the fairest of them all?

The Bard of Banefort

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I did mention Sansa’s amazing rack though!

Right, it wasn't mentioned in her overview though, hence I missed that.

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Was there a quote in the books about someone complimenting Cat’s breasts during her bedding ceremony or am I thinking of someone else? 

Yes, that was about Cat:

"When Lord Dustin had beheld her naked, he'd told Ned that her breasts were enough to make him wish he'd never been weaned."

By the way, regarding Cersei:

The only drawback is that weight gain 

When Kevan described Cersei's imperfection he saw during her walk, he never actually mentioned anything about her having gained weight. And logically speaking, she only started gaining it in Feast due to excessive drinking but then she got imprisoned fairly quickly so she didn't have much time to gather significant gains. And during her imprisonment the Faith wasn't exactly feeding her well so she would have lost some of it there, which explains why Kevan didn't notice anything. Hence even if Cersei might still drink herself to fatness as she is free again, at the moment of the books she might be back to her original aSoS figure.

5 hours ago, EggBlue said:

please .. please Nathan Stark don't remind me how old these characters actually are! none of them behave or seem to look like their age. I mean.. for example.. there's the line about Sansa's breasts when she's riding which is weird when you think she is 12 and barely has breasts!!! and don't let me get started on Arya! so, let's age them up a bit in our minds.. like 14 yr old=>17-18!.. which I think , as @The Bard of Banefort has suggested before, Martin should really consider doing for later editions .

as for the better ship Q: as unhealthy as it is , SanSan's better! Jonarya is way too sick!

There's only so far I can age these kids up in my head, given that in their povs they are still very young. Like, Sansa still reads as a 13 year old when I read her pov, and a big part of her narrative is about her being groomed by adult men. In that case, aging her up would also be kind of contradicting that aspect of her story. At best, I think you can age each of the kids up by a year. Jon and Dany, as older teenagers, make more sense to be sexually active, and Bran having a crush on Meera isn't unusual for a 7 year old, though I admit that situation could get very creepy very quickly. But Sansa and Arya are put in situations where I'm constantly groaning whenever grown ass men hit on them.

Anyway, I was being mostly facetious with my earlier comment. I do not incest ship as a rule.

1 hour ago, Dofs said:

Right, it wasn't mentioned in her overview though, hence I missed that.

Yes, that was about Cat:

"When Lord Dustin had beheld her naked, he'd told Ned that her breasts were enough to make him wish he'd never been weaned."

By the way, regarding Cersei:

When Kevan described Cersei's imperfection he saw during her walk, he never actually mentioned anything about her having gained weight. And logically speaking, she only started gaining it in Feast due to excessive drinking but then she got imprisoned fairly quickly so she didn't have much time to gather significant gains. And during her imprisonment the Faith wasn't exactly feeding her well so she would have lost some of it there, which explains why Kevan didn't notice anything. Hence even if Cersei might still drink herself to fatness as she is free again, at the moment of the books she might be back to her original aSoS figure.

Maybe I’ll have to edit Sansa’s entry hehe 

Man, poor Barbrey Dustin. The irony of her getting her heart broken by Brandon is that she actually seemed to like the husband she got—enough to beg him not to go south—and Ned didn’t even bring his bones back. No wonder she hates him.

I can’t believe Kevan was dumb enough to think that Tywin would have approved of condemning Cersei to a walk of shame. Something tells me Genna would have known better.

1 hour ago, Nathan Stark said:

There's only so far I can age these kids up in my head, given that in their povs they are still very young. Like, Sansa still reads as a 13 year old when I read her pov, and a big part of her narrative is about her being groomed by adult men. In that case, aging her up would also be kind of contradicting that aspect of her story. At best, I think you can age each of the kids up by a year. Jon and Dany, as older teenagers, make more sense to be sexually active, and Bran having a crush on Meera isn't unusual for a 7 year old, though I admit that situation could get very creepy very quickly. But Sansa and Arya are put in situations where I'm constantly groaning whenever grown ass men hit on them.

Anyway, I was being mostly facetious with my earlier comment. I do not incest ship as a rule.

Arya and Sansa both seem a lot older in AFFC, which is probably the result of the timeline jumps George was planning. 

2 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

I'm afraid I can't quite agree. there's room for the girls to be 2-3 years older. for a 13-14 year old Sansa in book 1, it would still be understandable to live in her dreamland, while being able to keep herself together and strong when she loses basically everything; Meanwhile an adolescent Arya would even be more likely to be a bit rebellious and struggle with her identity crises and differences with her siblings .and when they turn 16 and 14 respectively in Feast , it'll work as well:  it will still be creepy to see LF around Sansa but it'll be easier to digest her flirtation with Harry . and do I need to explain Arya?! 

12 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Now, what is the better ship, Jonarya, or SanSan?

SanSan. Sansa's at least older, even if only by two years. Besides, they had a more developed and shown relationship.

Besides, I'm not too keen on Jon and Arya doin' the wild thing. I think Arya will always be Jon's little sister, whose hair he'd muss up. 

For other ships....Jonerys for the win! They destroyed my babies in the show, Dumber and Dogshit didn't even give us the Boatbaby that was Promised as consolation. I want this (definetely not for the reason that I want this ship to rub Lilacand Gooseberries face in) as a simple Nice Thing. 

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I can’t believe Kevan was dumb enough to think that Tywin would have approved of condemning Cersei to a walk of shame. Something tells me Genna would have known better.

I don't think Kevan cared that much about what Tywin would have thought. I got an impression that after Tywin's death, he started to operate how he himself saw fit, not asking himself "what would Tywin do".

17 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I'm afraid I can't quite agree. there's room for the girls to be 2-3 years older. for a 13-14 year old Sansa in book 1, it would still be understandable to live in her dreamland, while being able to keep herself together and strong when she loses basically everything; Meanwhile an adolescent Arya would even be more likely to be a bit rebellious and struggle with her identity crises and differences with her siblings .and when they turn 16 and 14 respectively in Feast , it'll work as well:  it will still be creepy to see LF around Sansa but it'll be easier to digest her flirtation with Harry . and do I need to explain Arya?! 

Even with an older Sansa, LF is still creepy because a) he wants her to be both his daughter and his lover, b) he essentially kidnapped her and held her captive in a castle in the sky, and c) she does not desire him in any way. For all the critiques to be made about Sansa’s relationship with the Hound, there’s undeniably some mutual attraction there. From the first time they meet, Sansa is creeped out by Littlefinger’s leering.

13 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

SanSan. Sansa's at least older, even if only by two years. Besides, they had a more developed and shown relationship.

Besides, I'm not too keen on Jon and Arya doin' the wild thing. I think Arya will always be Jon's little sister, whose hair he'd muss up. 

For other ships....Jonerys for the win! They destroyed my babies in the show, Dumber and Dogshit didn't even give us the Boatbaby that was Promised as consolation. I want this (definetely not for the reason that I want this ship to rub Lilacand Gooseberries face in) as a simple Nice Thing. 

Oh my sweet summer child. "Nice things" are for stories other than ASOIAF. 

Just now, Dofs said:

I don't think Kevan cared that much about what Tywin would have thought. I got an impression that after Tywin's death, he started to operate how he himself saw fit, not asking himself "what would Tywin do".

I’m on mobile so I can’t link to it too easily, but there was a passage in Kevan’s chapter where he was trying to justify the walk to himself and he thought something along the lines of “surely Tywin would have agreed with me.” 

15 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Is Lilacand a member here or is that a nickname for someone else? 

2 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I’m on mobile so I can’t link to it too easily, but there was a passage in Kevan’s chapter where he was trying to justify the walk to himself and he thought something along the lines of “surely Tywin would have agreed with me.” 

Yeah, found it:

"I have no reason to feel guilty, Ser Kevan told himself. Tywin would understand that, surely. It was his daughter who brought shame down on our name, not I. What I did I did for the good of House Lannister."

Well, he kinda didn't think that Tywin would have agreed with him, more that he would understand why he had to do it (I think there is a difference), but yeah, no way Tywin would have understood.

6 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Is Lilacand a member here or is that a nickname for someone else? 

Intended to be Lilac and Gooseberries. Silly mistake, didn't put down a space. 

7 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Oh my sweet summer child. "Nice things" are for stories other than ASOIAF. 

"Target Nathan Stark. Single reactor ignition."

"You may fire when ready." 

Just now, The Bard of Banefort said:

So is that a nickname for D&D then? Lol

Lilac and Gooseberries is an actual person on this forum (just head to my profile and look at my followers), not D&D. Besides, I have more.....colorful names for D&D. Dumber and Dogshit, for example. 

Archived