Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

7 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

So, they’re gonna eat Van now, I assume?

You think they jump right into so soon? I figured it would be more of a gradual thing, even know they have been out there for some time already. 

It does look like Shauna finds glitter next episode so Jeff will likely be the blackmailer. 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

You think they jump right into so soon? I figured it would be more of a gradual thing, even know they have been out there for some time already. 

It wasn't my first thought, but it wouldn't be shocking. They're moving the plot along at a fairly fast pace and the girls are being to break down.

I don't think they eat Van, at all. But it will certainly escalate whatever is going on with Tai. Also, Tai had taken the bone thing off Van. It was the first thing I noticed when she came to in the tree.

I am more and more convinced they never turned to cannibalism but instead sacrificed/spilled blood for the 'spirit' or whatever Lottie sees and hears and she will ultimately be our antler queen. 

Good call on MC's part re: Jeff.

The way that final scene was shot was really weird.  What happened to the other wolves while Van was being killed?  What happened to the torches the girls were holding?  

Were there wolves there at all, or was it all in Tai's head?

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

I don't think they eat Van, at all. But it will certainly escalate whatever is going on with Tai. Also, Tai had taken the bone thing off Van. It was the first thing I noticed when she came to in the tree.

I am more and more convinced they never turned to cannibalism but instead sacrificed/spilled blood for the 'spirit' or whatever Lottie sees and hears and she will ultimately be our antler queen. 

Good call on MC's part re: Jeff.

I think #1- they’re starving. Taissa is eating dirt in her sleep. Will they be able to ignore a food source? #2- Taissa biting her own hand certainly implies cannibalism

14 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

So, they’re gonna eat Van now, I assume?

Can't they eat the wolf? 

Edit: There's also still "miles" of fruit by the foot out there somewhere! why aren't they searching for it each day!?

Edited by RumHam

On 12/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah. I don’t think Shauna really dislikes her daughter. She seemed to be just trolling the mom, but she did sell it pretty well. 

Then Jeff got home and immediately made plans with his girlfriend. 

Ha, I've been of the mind from the start that Jeff isn't actually cheating on Shauna and that something else is going on with his sneaking around and the woman at the hotel. Didn't have any actual guesses on what it was but I like the call that he's involved in the blackmail plot. 

Episodes keep dropping at midnight:

Spoiler

Van is alive!

However, someone else kicks the bucket, and I can't tell if it was a mechanical accident or supernatural. Curious to hear what you guys think once you've seen it.

Edited by Tywin et al.

Spoiler

To me, that looked like the bear just spontaneously combusted. I thought about it after and it's not as if the plane had heated seats that were damaged and burst into flames. The fire starting in that spot doesn't really fit with the idea that it was a normal plane fire. -

I think it's gotta be supernatural. Which wasn't where I wanted the show to go but between psychic Lottie and this I think we have to call it. Also Taissa taking the two things that would fend off the wolves up her tree is very suspect. I wonder if she's being possessed rather than having a mental thing. 

I'm surprised nobody brought up the issue of landing the plane. Or was the idea that she was likely sacrificing herself in the hope people would identify her body and actually look for the team? 

Misty doing all the cocaine out of friendship killed me. I'm surprised they didn't do more with the idea of her dialed up to 11. 

On 12/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ramsay B. said:

It does look like Shauna finds glitter next episode so Jeff will likely be the blackmailer. 

Jeff?! Don't you mean Adam-who-is-obviously Javi?

1 hour ago, Annara Snow said:

I'm not sure what you mean. He seems like a normal not at all suspicious guy who was kind enough to invite Shauna to his cabin in the woods for a relaxing weekend getaway. 

But yeah I was thinking about it and Javi hasn't really done anything or served any purpose for the plot other than 1) get a family ring that could be used to reveal who he is 2) establish that he's an artist and 3) interact with Shauna. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'm not sure what you mean. He seems like a normal not at all suspicious guy who was kind enough to invite Shauna to his cabin in the woods for a relaxing weekend getaway. 

But yeah I was thinking about it and Javi hasn't really done anything or served any purpose for the plot other than 1) get a family ring that could be used to reveal who he is 2) establish that he's an artist and 3) interact with Shauna. 

And in 1x08 

Spoiler

Adam is confirmed to have been lying about himself; there is no record of "Adam Martin" online, and he says he has an elder brother.

And probably-fake name is "Martin". Not too subtle...

14 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Well now yeah. At the time I thought the previews for ep8 showed Shauna finding glitter from her hubby’s clothes, but it was obviously in the closet where Adam/Javi was.

I don’t know what to think of the bear combusting like that. My initial thought was Misty set it up but I can’t see how that would’ve been done?

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I don’t know what to think of the bear combusting like that. My initial thought was Misty set it up but I can’t see how that would’ve been done?

I can't see how she'd do that even with the right supplies. Maybe she could have cut a fuel line, but the smell would have been obvious and that doesn't explain how the bear caught on fire.

My understanding is if there was a mechanical issue we would have seen the front of the plane catch on fire, not the cockpit and not in that fashion. I've got to lean towards supernatural without any more info.

11 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Well now yeah. At the time I thought the previews for ep8 showed Shauna finding glitter from her hubby’s clothes, but it was obviously in the closet where Adam/Javi was.

I assume misty is done sabotaging them, and probably regrets smashing the beacon. After all her secret boyfriend promised her they could be together once this is all over.

I'm curious if the beacon thing will come out in the final two episodes.

So I don’t understand how Adam/Javi could’ve gotten the passcode for the safe? I could be forgetting a scene or something but nothing rings a bell. 

Jeff still makes more sense for needing the money as they’ve been beating us over the head all season that they’re hurting financially. 

It could be that Adam is Javi and unrelatedly Jeff is the blackmailer. Makes a lot more sense that Jeff or Taissa guessed the code. It's hard to imagine a motive for Taissa, but it is interesting they were gone after she stayed over. Could she have stolen them in her sleep-wakling/possessed state?

I know Shauna opened the safe early in the season, I assume that was before the blackmailing started? Is it possible she forgot to lock it and Jeff read her journals and got an idea to solve their money problems?

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

So I don’t understand how Adam/Javi could’ve gotten the passcode for the safe? I could be forgetting a scene or something but nothing rings a bell. 

It's assumed Javi read her diary right? If so maybe there was something in there that would have been a tipoff. That said, he didn't have much time in the closet and it feels like a stretch to assume he knew it was there.

Jeff also feels like an odd candidate though. Idk why he take it now. Is there any reason to assume the daughter took it?