Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jeff also feels like an odd candidate though. Idk why he take it now. Is there any reason to assume the daughter took it?

Because he needs the money like now, and maybe thinks Taissa has access to $50K?

Callie does know about their money issues, and took the soccer uniform from the closet earlier so she was in there. She’d obviously have to be working with a dude too. 

14 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Because he needs the money like now, and maybe thinks Taissa has access to $50K?

Callie does know about their money issues, and took the soccer uniform from the closet earlier so she was in there. She’d obviously have to be working with a dude too. 

I may have fallen down a bit of an internet rabbit hole tonight leaving me with more questions than answers, but let's start with the money. Is $50k a large sum of money to adults, especially to people who own a home and small business (even if they're going through a hard time financially)? Tai is a high end corporate lawyer.  $50k would be nothing to her, just look at her house. I think Jeff, if he were to be the blackmailer, would know to ask for a lot more. OTOH $50k is a lot to a teenager.

Regarding the safe and the glitter, there seems to be flaws for Jeff, Callie and Adam/Javi. Jeff knows the most about it, but he gets undressed and cleaned up, so I'm not sure how he'd transfer it there. A/J could have gotten the glitter there, but then wouldn't it be all over the room? And how would he know about the safe's location and how to crack it on his own? Lastly, Callie knows it's there, could probably crack it, probably doesn't care about exposing her mom to blackmail her, but again, how would she have gotten the glitter there? If it is Callie she'd have to be working with her BF or A/J, but that still doesn't explain the glitter. Either way I'm starting to think there isn't just one blackmailer. 

I've caught up on this show over the last few days and I'm completely hooked and can't wait for the next episode (I'm on episode 7, are we a week behind in the UK?). As usual I have no good guesses for resolving any of the hanging threads but I've immediately dived into reading up on everyone else's theories. General thoughts:

Adam is Javi.

Jackie was the victim in the opening - almost certain but then I read something about her diary referencing movies released after the crash which made me rethink.

Lottie is the Antler wearing person in the opening. If not I guess she was the victim? As I said though 90% sure that was Jackie.

Its concerning that I'm actively hoping that the worst that happened to Shauna's pregnancy is a miscarriage or stillbirth. The alternatives are unpleasant.

The dark comedic moments in the series (mostly delivered via Misty) really tickle me more than they should.

I sort of hope it doesn't end up supernatural but I'm less convinced of that each episode. Ah well.

Edited by HelenaExMachina

@HelenaExMachina,

Episode 9 drops here at midnight, so you're at least a week behind.

Jackie was the victim in the opening - almost certain but then I read something about her diary referencing movies released after the crash which made me rethink.

Lottie is the Antler wearing person in the opening. If not I guess she was the victim? As I said though 90% sure that was Jackie.

I think Jackie and Lottie are the pit girl and Antler Queen, but I'm not certain who will end up being which. Jackie's diary does leave open the possibility she survived, but I'm not sure there's any other evidence. Interesting to note Jackie is the cover art and you can see the QA reflected in her eye.

I use Sky Catch Up so I think episode 8 might already be out here too as the air date for episode 7 was 30th December and it releases weekly. 

Having looked at the TV listings Yellowjackets episode 9 airs here on Thursday 13th January so not quite a full week behind just a few days for the actual broadcast. Not sure why episode 8 isn't showing on catch up yet.

That was nuts.

Spoiler

Poor Adam, who I guess was not Javi! So wait did Jeff send the postcards? I'm leaning towards no because misty got a card but no blackmail text. It's fun imagining jeff trying to make that ascii version of the symbol on his phone. 

31 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I’m like ten minutes in and holy shit this show just keeps smacking me around. I laughed hard about the book club line

Had to pause the episode after that line because I was laughing so hard.  

What a fucking episode. 

Spoiler

Never tried shrooms that made me trip that hard.

Anyways, since a number of theories were either confirmed or blown up, I'm still at a lose as to who killed Travis.

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

That was nuts.

Reveal hidden contents

Poor Adam, who I guess was not Javi! So wait did Jeff send the postcards? I'm leaning towards no because misty got a card but no blackmail text. It's fun imagining jeff trying to make that ascii version of the symbol on his phone. 

Do we know that about him though? I didn’t feel like that was at all settled

40 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Do we know that about him though? I didn’t feel like that was at all settled

Spoiler

I guess they could still go there, but like why would Javi need the book on the crash. Plus we saw that photo of older Nat and Travis, she'd probably recognize his brother. 

I dunno it'd be strange to reveal "oh also he was Javi" as they dispose of his body.

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

@Tywin et al. Suck it, Mr. 50k isn’t a lot of money! :P

Hubby is just even dumber than I thought, and in so many ways. 

Spoiler

I was always a bit skeptical of the Adam is Javi theory, glad to see they don't appear to be going down that road. It's still possible, but I think Adam was always meant to be a read herring. Now like I said, on to figuring out who killed Travis!

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Shrooms def don't work like that, but this show is pretty damn good, regardless. 

They might work differently if you're unknowingly dosed with them while you're starving and in a traumatic situation.

The only times I've done them, it's been with friends and I very much knew what I was doing.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, RumHam said:

That was nuts.

Hide contents

Spoiler

Why do you think he's not Javi?