Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

On 1/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, RumHam said:
  Hide contents

I guess they could still go there, but like why would Javi need the book on the crash. Plus we saw that photo of older Nat and Travis, she'd probably recognize his brother. 

I dunno it'd be strange to reveal "oh also he was Javi" as they dispose of his body.

Spoiler

Why wouldn't he be interested in reading what a book about the crash says?

5 hours ago, Annara Snow said:
  Hide contents

Why wouldn't he be interested in reading what a book about the crash says?

Spoiler

I didn't think he's Javi because they killed him without the reveal, and Nat didn't recognize him (not conclusive, maybe Javi and Travis weren't close post-rescue) It seems almost a waste to reveal he's Javi now, if that makes sense? I think a lot of the "Adam is Javi" stuff assumed he was sinister and possibly Travis' killer. Which seems very unlikely now, that Shauna accidentally killed the guy who was out to get them. 

Yeah I'm sure all the survivors would be curious to read what people thought about their experience, but they probably did that a while ago. He had the book handy I dunno I buy his story that he recently started reading it to try to understand. 

12 hours ago, RumHam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't think he's Javi because they killed him without the reveal, and Nat didn't recognize him (not conclusive, maybe Javi and Travis weren't close post-rescue) It seems almost a waste to reveal he's Javi now, if that makes sense? I think a lot of the "Adam is Javi" stuff assumed he was sinister and possibly Travis' killer. Which seems very unlikely now, that Shauna accidentally killed the guy who was out to get them. 

Yeah I'm sure all the survivors would be curious to read what people thought about their experience, but they probably did that a while ago. He had the book handy I dunno I buy his story that he recently started reading it to try to understand. 

Spoiler

I never thought he was the main villain, or that he killed his own brother.

If anyone is sinister, it's Shauna. I wouldn't put anything past her. But of course, there also could be other girls from the Yellowjackets - we still don't even know who else survived, though we've had mentions of "others".

On 1/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, Annara Snow said:
  Hide contents

Why do you think he's not Javi?

Spoiler

Probably because it would be asinine to kill him off and then reveal he was someone important.  It’s far more likely at this point that he was a red herring.

1 hour ago, briantw said:
  Hide contents

Probably because it would be asinine to kill him off and then reveal he was someone important.  It’s far more likely at this point that he was a red herring.

I don't think this convo requires spoilers anymore (and @RumHam, since you started the thread perhaps it should just have a spoilers thread tag at this point, everyone posting here is watching the episodes quickly). 

I agree, it makes no sense to kill him off only for there to be a big reveal. And one of the big reasons I always had some doubts about Adam being an older Javi is how Adam met Shauna. If it was premeditated that would mean he'd be driving around a ton trying to cause an accident. And Adam, while a known liar, does seem to have a pretty established life before they run into one another. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think this convo requires spoilers anymore (and @RumHam, since you started the thread perhaps it should just have a spoilers thread tag at this point, everyone posting here is watching the episodes quickly). 

I agree, it makes no sense to kill him off only for there to be a big reveal. And one of the big reasons I always had some doubts about Adam being an older Javi is how Adam met Shauna. If it was premeditated that would mean he'd be driving around a ton trying to cause an accident. And Adam, while a known liar, does seem to have a pretty established life before they run into one another. 

It actually is labeled as a spoiler thread. I was just doing it because people watch at different times. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It actually is labeled as a spoiler thread. I was just doing it because people watch at different times. 

Lol, whoops. I actually haven't looked at the full title in a while. Has it always been that way?

On 1/12/2022 at 12:15 AM, briantw said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I don't see why. Over half of the main characters are either definitely dead or at least presumed dead in the present time. (With all the hints of supernatural stuff, their deadness may be relative.)

We still have absolutely no idea what happened to Javi (he seems to be missing in the flashbacks in the finale) and there have been way too many hints that he was Adam. What would be really asinine would be to throw all these hints with no point just because of a supposed 'red herring' when it doesn't even function as such, as the characters have at no point suspected him as being Javi and the hints were strong enough for some viewers to theorize but not as strong as to make everyone believe it, which would make it a very poor 'red herring'.

They also haven't exactly done any double-twists - in fact, things have mostly turned out to be exactly as they were hinted: Lottie seemed most likely to have been the Antler Queen, and she's increasingly been confirmed to most likely be Antler Queen. Taissa seemed to have a double life going on and a connection to supernatural,, and she indeed does

What happened to Javi. if he is not Adam? Let's see the possibilities:

- he died in the wilderness? But so did Jackie, Laura Lee, Coach Martinez, and presumably Vanessa, Mari, Akilah and Ben Scott. I'm not sure what his point would be aside from traumatizing Travis further (and he's already traumatized quite a bit), and especially what the point was of showing him express interest in art or bond with Shauna.

- he disappeared in the wilderness and is now a part of Lottie's mysterious group? Maybe, but that would probably not make him a very prominent character if he's just there to be one of her minions.

(spoilers for the finale)

Edited by Annara Snow

I started bingeing this a few days ago.

Spoiler

My guess:  I think Javi was abducted by Lotti's people.  She's part of a cult with her parents, and they kept the area overlooked by all the people searching for them.  The bear was trained to submit to her.  The cult killed Travis as a sacrifice, and they need sacrifices every 25 years.  Javier was brainwashed into the cult and killed Travis... but he's not Adam.

Otherwise, maybe it's not Lotti's people but Allie's.  Was expecting a hint to this at the reunion, so probably wrong since that didn't happen.

Edited by SpaceChampion

Spoiler

Not how I was expecting things to go, no cannibalism yet. But damn that death hit hard. I like that Shauna is still putting incriminating stuff in her safe. I hope she at least changed the combination. I'm not sure Misty's "torsos are useless" wisdom holds up in the age of DNA testing. 

So if Jackie couldn't survive the cold with a fire, that doesn't bode well for Javi. And Travis and Nat, but we know they survive. I wonder if they found some kinda abandoned building. When Lottie is baptized she has that vision in the flooded hallway that I've never been able to make sense of. 

It's weird that the memorial case only seemed to have individual phots of the Martinez family and Akilah. I mean Travis lived 25 years after the crash and he's in there but Laura Lee isn't? So we can assume Javi and Akilah are dead, but not nessecarily that they died in the woods. Probably though. 

With all the QAnon nonsense in the world it's kinda funny that one of the main characters of this show is a democratic politician who did eat children and then used satanic rituals and sacrifices to get elected. 

Not reading more than a few posts here as I have seen only 2 to 3 eps.

Great show. I had heard it was, but it exceeded my expectations. I didn't want to buy Showtime just to see this one show, but then got in a show hole and did it anyway. Not sure that I'm sold on the cannibalism actually happening, but they definitely are hinting at it rather strongly. 

Those outfits are creepy as hell. I had thought based on random spoilers I read that Misty was the queen, but apparently not. I just saw her take a different mask off.

16 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

So now we know who *didn't* die in that opening sequence of the pilot. 

Spoiler

Does anyone have a clue who it could be at this point, because it's also not Lottie, and it seemed like her or Jackie would end up being the pit girl?

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone have a clue who it could be at this point, because it's also not Lottie, and it seemed like her or Jackie would end up being the pit girl?

Spoiler

I think that leaves Mari. Unless it's one of the background girls, but that would be kinda lame. 

That was one hell of a ride.  So many questions.  I really hope this doesn't go 5 seasons even if they're only 10 episodes each.  I'm not sure how the producers got Christina Ricci and Juliette Lewis to make that long of a commitment.

What was jammed in the mouth of that skeleton in the abandoned cabin?

Is Jessica still alive?  Why was Taissa not worried about her when she got abducted?

Where did Misty get that Medicinal Plants book?

Where did that heart come from, Jackie or the bear?

When Misty mentions a movie about "those rich ladies that kill that guy", she was referring to a Christian Ricci movie, right?

Other fun moments that haven't been mentioned yet:  Randy's reaction of "Um... so you're mad?" and Misery being one of the VCR tapes on top of the tv when Jessica and Misty are watching that Sandra Bullock movie.