Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Kind of wish they didn’t spoil that, but oh well.

Odd, I had just read an interview with them from just a couple days ago and they said they were expecting it out sometime in Q1 of 2023.

That would be tight if they're finishing shooting in February. I can't imagine it being any earlier than May or June. Maybe they mean financial Q1?

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

That would be tight if they're finishing shooting in February. I can't imagine it being any earlier than May or June. Maybe they mean financial Q1?

Idk. I found the article I saw from TheWrap and it says there's optimism in will premier in early 2023. Another article had the Q1 target date line as well. That's all I could find. :dunno:

8 hours ago, Morpheus said:

If he is potentially a love interest for Misty, his character would have to be completely batshit.

Definitely a throwback to the 1997 film The Ice Storm, which featured Wood and Ricci as love interests.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I saw their filming reports suggesting they'd be wrapping earlier than other reports had it, so that's pretty good news (also, surprisingly not a huge amount of post seems to be needed).

This reporter had it!:

On 8/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Idk. I found the article I saw from TheWrap and it says there's optimism in will premier in early 2023. Another article had the Q1 target date line as well. That's all I could find. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

It was prophecised in ancient texts!

Jokes aside I'm surprised they were able to do produce it so quickly. Like you said, shooting began at the very end of summer. I was hoping they could manage a release date by late Q2 given home complicated the show is and how they need the winter weather to shoot a lot of the scenes. As far as I can tell they're not doing much of it with green screens. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jokes aside I'm surprised they were able to do produce it so quickly. Like you said, shooting began at the very end of summer. I was hoping they could manage a release date by late Q2 given home complicated the show is and how they need the winter weather to shoot a lot of the scenes. As far as I can tell they're not doing much of it with green screens. 

Even though it's Showtime, they seem to be treating it as a network show with relatively condensed production schedules. I mean, not really because they've still taken closer to 18 months to get out 10 episodes rather than the good old days of network production schedules when that would have been 10 weeks, but still quite fast compared to Disney+ or Netflix shows.

I think they also had a weakness in having to wait until Season 1 aired before Showtime could give them the greenlight for Season 2 (and Showtime was still reeling from the financial disruption of the Halo debacle) whilst this time around they'll probably have a much clearer idea of if and when they'll get to a third season.

20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I think they also had a weakness in having to wait until Season 1 aired before Showtime could give them the greenlight for Season 2 (and Showtime was still reeling from the financial disruption of the Halo debacle) whilst this time around they'll probably have a much clearer idea of if and when they'll get to a third season.

They're making more seasons of Halo? That's truly shocking.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

They're making more seasons of Halo? That's truly shocking.

Apparently it pulled in huge numbers on Paramount+. The problem was more it going massively over-budget (even before COVID) and Showtime's entire production budget got destroyed by it (inadvertently destroying the Kingkiller prequel TV show with Lin-Manuel Miranda, but there we go), and then they managed to sell it internally to Paramount+, which restored sanity to the situation. But Showtime had it rough there for a while.

Just started watching this Sunday and I'm done already, loved the show and is definitely a binge worthy type of show.  Read a couple pages of this thread and was glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought Adam was Javy.

As to the animals, not every area has a lot of wild life and these aren't exactly experienced hunters, watch a season of Alone and you'll see what I mean (and those people are survivalists) unlike humans animals don't over populate. Fishing is likely to be more consistent but fish don't exactly live in one spot, you have to know where to catch them at that time of year. Eventually they could find some but you have to have hooks, line and bait.  Plus there are a lot of people to feed...need to weed some of them out!

Looking forward to S2 in March