Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)

RumHam

My take on the bear scene is that it is in fact a bear. Going to take that scene at face value, they were all sobered up by then. The bear as I watched it, clearly knelt before her and offered it's neck up to her. There have been too many clues at some type of super natural events taking place for it to not be true. That said, it's probably all a dream and none of it happened.

As to Tai's bite on her hand, my first thought was that her son did it.

I could see there being a division of the survivors ala LotF and the one group hunting down the others. Problem is Nat has the gun and is clearly not one of the crew that we would suspect as being the killers.

Not sure how I feel about the cult crew busting in at the end like that. I mean it does set us up for next season but it just felt a little off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

FatM seem to be doing a cover of Just a Girl with some kind of connection to this season. That is all. That makes me happy.

It's so easy to picture that trailer. I can't wait for this show to come back. 

It seems that only 5 episodes will be released during the spring, then the second half of the season will be broadcast later this year.  Disappointing.  I'll probably wait until all of the episodes are out and then binge-watch.

40 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

It seems that only 5 episodes will be released during the spring, then the second half of the season will be broadcast later this year.  Disappointing.  I'll probably wait until all of the episodes are out and then binge-watch.

You'll come crawling back before then, fellow citizen detective. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

23 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

The post-production schedule seemed a little tight, although granted they are not making as much use of CGI or video walls or things as other shows, so that does explain that a bit. If it means a shorter gap between the end of Season 2 and the start of Season 3, that's not too bad.

What is startling is that Season 2 looks really fucking grim, which is a bold thing to do with a (planned) 5-season show.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Well it is a story that likely involves cannibalism so grim, yeah, that's gonna happen.

I saw some speculation that during the first winter (1996/97) they'd get close to cannibalism and then be able to avoid it, and then Season 3 would be "lighter," in the sense it'd be flashing back to them in the spring/summer of 1997 with the hope of rescue or escape, and then during the second winter (1997/98) they'd run out of options and go full cannibalism at that point, in Season 4 and then go full grim.

That always felt a bit off though, given they covered something like 6-8 months in Season 1 alone and their options for finding fresh food once the bear meat runs out seem limited. Also Season 2 looks like it might be introducing a third time period after the rescue as well.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I saw some speculation that during the first winter (1996/97) they'd get close to cannibalism and then be able to avoid it, and then Season 3 would be "lighter," in the sense it'd be flashing back to them in the spring/summer of 1997 with the hope of rescue or escape, and then during the second winter (1997/98) they'd run out of options and go full cannibalism at that point, in Season 4 and then go full grim.

That always felt a bit off though, given they covered something like 6-8 months in Season 1 alone and their options for finding fresh food once the bear meat runs out seem limited. Also Season 2 looks like it might be introducing a third time period after the rescue as well.

Also Grim... she is pregnant and in the future we don't see a child that age in their lives so....?

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

Also Grim... she is pregnant and in the future we don't see a child that age in their lives so....?

The producers have said very loudly that they don't eat the baby.

That's clearly a Chekhov's baby who will show up in the present later on. Maybe as the Big Bad as they were born in "the Wilderness" and raised there, possibly by Lottie's cult?

During season one someone linked to the original pilot script and Shauna did have an older daughter not living at home. I don't think much else was said about her other than that she existed. 

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Word to the wise, studios always first release their projects to friendly critics. The initial response is typically a bit of an illusion. 

Also, "17 reviews". RT scores are of dubious utility at best. RT scores with thin aggregates; especially so. 

Still, if this season approaches the standards of the first, I'll be there.