Jump to content

Yellowjackets (Showtime series / spoilers)


RumHam

Recommended Posts

Turns out the episode didn't leak. A reviewer who had a copy accidentally posted his review thinking the episode came out already. So information about what happens is out there but not the episode itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Turns out the episode didn't leak. A reviewer who had a copy accidentally posted his review thinking the episode came out already. So information about what happens is out there but not the episode itself. 

The reviewer needs to be pit girl!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

That’s a bit harsh. A few weeks on shit-bucket detail should be sufficient to teach them the error of their ways.

But yeah, that sucks.

Lol, I went to two summer camps as a kid. One made you shovel horse shit on a hot day when you were bad. Or maybe it was raining. Either way it made you behaved afterwards. Getting a week of cleaning was hell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. Brilliant performance by Sophie Nelisse there. Also a great moment when Callie decided to back her crazy family to the hilt rather than coming clean on everything that happened.

Did feel a bit odd and contrived how quickly they did an Avengers Assemble at the end, and Van's reaction to Lottie hints at some no doubt more fucked-up shit coming our way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Wow. Brilliant performance by Sophie Nelisse there. Also a great moment when Callie decided to back her crazy family to the hilt rather than coming clean on everything that happened.

Did feel a bit odd and contrived how quickly they did an Avengers Assemble at the end, and Van's reaction to Lottie hints at some no doubt more fucked-up shit coming our way.

Look, I get that this is a spoiler thread, but can we not get at least a 48 hour rule? These episodes come out at seemingly random times based on where you live and how the streaming services work. 

Ep. 6 is now on Hulu at least state side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know people don't like when a thread is 90% spoiler tags, but it seems like such a small inconvenience compared to having a show you like spoiled before you've had a chance to watch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Look, I get that this is a spoiler thread, but can we not get at least a 48 hour rule? These episodes come out at seemingly random times based on where you live and how the streaming services work. 

Ep. 6 is now on Hulu at least state side.

I suppose you could wait to come on here and read!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Melifeather said:

I suppose you could wait to come on here and read!

If you use your activity feed though I think it just shows up if you're following the thread. 

Plus personally I still forget it comes out friday and click before watching. Though I don't mind spoilers and sometimes seek them out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm watching in the UK, so after the US release. I know it airs 2 days later on Showtime than it drops on Hulu and Paramount+, but I think everyone was clear on that after the first episode of the season and adjusted accordingly. Every other TV show that has its own spoiler thread seems to work on the assumption that once it's out in the original location, it's fair game and to avoid the thread if you haven't seen the latest episode. We've had that understanding since Lost and BSG were airing almost twenty years ago and people in other countries had to wait months to see them; for them it was tough luck if they drifted into the spoiler thread.

I'll also note that not one single solitary toss is given in almost any other TV thread for the consideration of overseas viewers. For various reasons, it was not possible to watch Picard here until almost 36 hours after it aired in the States, so I just stayed out of the spoiler thread until then.

New episodes of Yellowjackets stream on Fridays (from midnight EST in the US, I gather, and about 8am GMT), so if it's Friday and you see stuff going on in the thread, it's safe to assume it's about the latest episode and steer clear until you've seen it, exactly how it works for every other show on the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Melifeather said:

I suppose you could wait to come on here and read!

Or there could be interesting news about the show that has nothing to do with spoiling an episode. 

7 minutes ago, Werthead said:

New episodes of Yellowjackets stream on Fridays (from midnight EST in the US, I gather, and about 8am GMT), so if it's Friday and you see stuff going on in the thread, it's safe to assume it's about the latest episode and steer clear until you've seen it, exactly how it works for every other show on the board.

No. Some people can watch it on Thursday afternoons here. Others can get it late Friday/early Saturday if they want to stay up. The episodes officially air on Sunday. I have no issue with people wanting to talk about it before Sunday night, but just put it in a spoiler tag until like Monday morning. Is that really too much to ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I'll also note that not one single solitary toss is given in almost any other TV thread for the consideration of overseas viewers. For various reasons, it was not possible to watch Picard here until almost 36 hours after it aired in the States, so I just stayed out of the spoiler thread until then.

 

I always put my day of Picard comments in a tag though, cause it takes two seconds and if it spares one person getting upset, that's worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Or there could be interesting news about the show that has nothing to do with spoiling an episode. 

No. Some people can watch it on Thursday afternoons here. Others can get it late Friday/early Saturday if they want to stay up. The episodes officially air on Sunday. I have no issue with people wanting to talk about it before Sunday night, but just put it in a spoiler tag until like Monday morning. Is that really too much to ask?

I'm on your side here, but I feel the need to point out that last episode I did tag my Friday comments and you still clicked the tag and got spoiled :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

I'm on your side here, but I feel the need to point out that last episode I did tag my Friday comments and you still clicked the tag and got spoiled :laugh:

But that was by choice. And I was just giving you a bit of shit. I just don't get the need to post key details right away when it will take a few days for others to even have access to an episode. My brother who lives in Hawaii swears he can't see many shows until midweek after they air (and sports are a nightmare for him). Just wait a few days to discard the spoiler tags. I mean it's not like there's a non-spoiler thread after all. If I accidently clicked on the thread and the first thing I saw was Javi was alive and super weird I'd be bummed to learn it that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Or there could be interesting news about the show that has nothing to do with spoiling an episode. 

No. Some people can watch it on Thursday afternoons here. Others can get it late Friday/early Saturday if they want to stay up. The episodes officially air on Sunday. I have no issue with people wanting to talk about it before Sunday night, but just put it in a spoiler tag until like Monday morning. Is that really too much to ask?

The episode "officially airs" on Hulu and Paramount+ on Fridays, so that is when it's reasonable that discussion begins.

For some other shows we have "non"-spoiler threads to discuss casting news/announcements/renewals and other things whilst seasons are airing, so that's a reasonable precedent. If someone wants to start a non-spoiler thread for that purpose, that way people know not to go into the spoiler thread for fear of being spoiled.

I'm not entirely sure why we need a completely new way of dealing with TV spoiler/non-spoiler threads when the system we've had in place for almost 20 years on this board has been reasonably successful up until this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly if you come into a thread on a a show the day a new episode is released, or even a week after and you don’t want to be spoiled, then that is on you. If you don’t want to be spoiled, don’t go into threads, especially if there is a big spoiler tag on it. It seems all so simple!

…The baby stuff is really a hard watch, difficult to tell which version of reality was the more upsetting. 

Im struggling to think of any actress who is as enjoyable to watch as Christina Ricci, she just seems to be having so much fun with that role, and she’s great at it.

how many seasons of this show are planned? It’s now getting to the point where I want it to start wrapping up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Honestly if you come into a thread on a a show the day a new episode is released, or even a week after and you don’t want to be spoiled, then that is on you.

A week is fine. My complainant is that people are openly posting spoilers before the episode even aired in a lot of places. How hard is it to just click one more damn button? This show is a murder mystery/puzzle box. Just hold back for a few days because I'm sure people might look and wonder if and when the new episode is airing to begin with because the show had a random break. It's not a big ask Imo. 

19 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The episode "officially airs" on Hulu and Paramount+ on Fridays, so that is when it's reasonable that discussion begins.

 I have both services and it's not actually there unless you pay for the additional premium. If you don't have some workaround to get Showtime you can get it Sunday nights. If you have some insider shit you can get it Thursdays. I'm telling you it does not release at the same time for everyone. So what's the harm in saying just wait until Monday to not use the spoiler tag? I don't think this is some huge, inconvenient ask, and I say that as someone who wants to talk about the episode, but instead I'm arguing with you guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that was a truly fucked up episode. But I did have to laugh at Jeff singing along to Fuck the Police in a minivan. 

The version I saw didn't have a promo for the next episode. Did anyone else get one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...