Suppositions about the new novel

NúmenorASOIAF

On 12/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, NúmenorASOIAF said:

What things you guys hope that happen in Winds of Winter?

Hasn't this question been asked and answered literally thousands of times in this subforum already?

And these are just threads created in the past four months. Isn't it kinda redundant to ask this question again?

You might find Radio Westeros - The Winds of Winter Primers interesting. There are 9 of them recapping what has happened in the books, where things stand at the end of Dance and the pre-release chapters from TWOW.  They discuss current fan speculation and their own ideas.  They are about 2 hours each but interesting and entertaining.

Here's Part 1:

The Winds Of Winter Primer Pt.1 - In the North - YouTube

On 12/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Kyll.Ing. said:

Hasn't this question been asked and answered literally thousands of times in this subforum already?

And these are just threads created in the past four months. Isn't it kinda redundant to ask this question again?

What else are we going to talk about?  In the last 10 years I'm sure every question and topic has been asked and discussed to the n-th degree.

Welcome OP!  Thanks for posting and keeping this forum active.

I'm really excited to read about what happens with Theon.  I have no idea what will happen, but I hope Stannis doesn't kill him and he lasts the whole book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 3:43 PM, mushroomshirt said:

I'm really excited to read about what happens with Theon.  I have no idea what will happen, but I hope Stannis doesn't kill him and he lasts the whole book.

Honestly, I have no idea either what will happen with theon in Winds. That is, if he isn't sacrificed by Stannis. I suppose he could escape in the chaos of the battle (possibly with Asha, Tycho Nestoris bringing her loyal ironborn friends out of all people available at Deepwood Motte seems suspicious). But beyond that, no idea. Could he/they join up with the Cleftjaw at Thorren's Square (which is the last ironborn stronghold in the North and is conveniently not-so-far from Winterfell)? 

I think there is a chance that Stannis will decide to execute Theon on the Island with the weirwoods as Asha suggests, instead of burning him.  To let the old gods of the Starks judge Theon.  That might appeal to Stannis' sense of justice. It could be a real twist if Bran speaks through Theon.  iI other words, Theon becomes someone who talks to trees.  Not unlike Howland Reed's magic.  It does seem like the veil has been pierced at Ramsey's wedding and Theon can hear Bran.  Someone has suggested that like the Damphair, Theon could become a prophet.  That would certainly be a surprise.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 12:43 AM, NúmenorASOIAF said:

Sorry i`m a new

Welcome to the forum

On 12/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, The Winged Griffin said:

Honestly, I have no idea either what will happen with theon in Winds. That is, if he isn't sacrificed by Stannis. I suppose he could escape in the chaos of the battle (possibly with Asha, Tycho Nestoris bringing her loyal ironborn friends out of all people available at Deepwood Motte seems suspicious). But beyond that, no idea. Could he/they join up with the Cleftjaw at Thorren's Square (which is the last ironborn stronghold in the North and is conveniently not-so-far from Winterfell)? 

We don't talk about the Greyjoy kids and what role they will play in The Winds of Winter enough

I feel like Theon almost has to survive this next book. Because if he dies, Asha's story (which - at the very least - seems to have the purpose of fully integrating the Iron Islands and its people with mainland Westeros) ends.

Theon is the key.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:22 AM, LynnS said:

You might find Radio Westeros - The Winds of Winter Primers interesting. There are 9 of them recapping what has happened in the books, where things stand at the end of Dance and the pre-release chapters from TWOW.  They discuss current fan speculation and their own ideas.  They are about 2 hours each but interesting and entertaining.

Here's Part 1:

The Winds Of Winter Primer Pt.1 - In the North - YouTube

Radio Westeros could produce a show devoted to reading the back of a cereal box, and I'd listen. Their Winds of Winter primer is all a must have for any hardcore fan of ASOIAF. 

The Not a Cast is also great as literary analysis, and a lot of their episodes touch heavily on what might happen in Winds.

One thing I think has to happen in Winds is Tyrion needs to reunite with his old wife Tysha. We need to find out where whores go, and George has said that we will. I don't imagine Dream would have much time for that sort of thing, so it will be Winds were we find out what became of Tysha.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:50 AM, Nathan Stark said:

One thing I think has to happen in Winds is Tyrion needs to reunite with his old wife Tysha. We need to find out where whores go, and George has said that we will. I don't imagine Dream would have much time for that sort of thing, so it will be Winds were we find out what became of Tysha.

On the contrary, I think Tyrion finding out what happened to Tysha is endgame stuff, so it makes more sense for it to happen at the last possible point in Tyrion's story, so in Dream. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

I suppose it ain’t ever gonna be published, homie.

As long as GRRM draws breath, I will continue to hope that another book will be published, but after a decade (and seeing how eagerly he’s taken to other projects) I’ve finally come to accept that for whatever reason—procrastination, perfectionism, boredom—his heart just isn’t in it anymore. My only hope now is that he’ll go back to writing Dunk and Egg.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:20 AM, Nathan Stark said:

Radio Westeros could produce a show devoted to reading the back of a cereal box, and I'd listen. Their Winds of Winter primer is all a must have for any hardcore fan of ASOIAF. 

The Not a Cast is also great as literary analysis, and a lot of their episodes touch heavily on what might happen in Winds.

I still think we will realize sailor's wife is Tysha and Lanna's Tyrion's daughter; though,  in Arya's winds chapters... however, I think reunion (if there ever be one) should be in the Dream. so,  let's hope there will be a Dream in ,say, ten years or so.. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Arya going to Westeros and setting her list aside just to have reasonable plot

Sansa marrying Harry, and Sweetrobin dying closely before

Arianne making a mess in Kings Landing and with FAegon

Cersei wigglying out of her trial

FAegon being good warleader, but dying fast

Great council meeting with many lords about Heir to the Throne

Jon being made Lord of Winterfell, after killing Ramsay, and reuniting with Rickon

Melisandre being our POV to the Wall

Dany setting sail towards Westeros on last pages of TWOW

Archived