What will happen to the Westerlings ?

What do you think shall happen to the members of house Westerling in the next books, knowing the roles of the members of this house with Jeyne having been Robb Stark's wife, several of her brothers having been genuinely loyal to Robb and the others, especially the mother Sybelle (born a Spicer) who were accomplices of Tywin Lannister and helped the Red Wedding happening ?

What will happen to them once things really go south for house Lannister with the arrival of Aegon, the breaking of the Alliance with the Tyrells, the BWB and northerners and rivermen's revenge for the Red Wedding and the inevitable downfall of house Lannister and its accomplices that will follow ? 

Will the family suffer the consequences for its matriach's schemes and weasely actions ? Will the family survive or not ?

I wonder what will happen to Rolph Spicer, Sybell Spicer's brother who was named lord of Castamere. Will he die? Should he die or lack any heirs of his own, will his lands pass to House Westerling or House Lannister? Perhaps he will marry and years later we will hear of the influential House Spicer of Castamere?

On 12/6/2021 at 8:23 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What do you think shall happen to the members of house Westerling in the next books, knowing the roles of the members of this house with Jeyne having been Robb Stark's wife, several of her brothers having been genuinely loyal to Robb and the others, especially the mother Sybelle (born a Spicer) who were accomplices of Tywin Lannister and helped the Red Wedding happening ?

What will happen to them once things really go south for house Lannister with the arrival of Aegon, the breaking of the Alliance with the Tyrells, the BWB and northerners and rivermen's revenge for the Red Wedding and the inevitable downfall of house Lannister and its accomplices that will follow ? 

Will the family suffer the consequences for its matriach's schemes and weasely actions ? Will the family survive or not ?

The Westerlings are sitting pretty right now.  The Lannister-Tyrell alliance is still holding.  Why are you predicting damnation on the Westerlings?  They did what they did to survive the Stark's bad leadership.  Do you think Tywin would forgive them if they had not helped them get rid of the pesky Starks?  Robb and his Starks were making poor choices and the Westerlings had to choose wisely in order to save themselves.  Tywin needed to end the war quick to hold the kingdom together.  The Westerlings, Freys, and Boltons helped to make it happen for Tywin.  A weak house does what it needs to survive the games of the high lords.  

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I wonder what will happen to Rolph Spicer, Sybell Spicer's brother who was named lord of Castamere. Will he die? Should he die or lack any heirs of his own, will his lands pass to House Westerling or House Lannister? Perhaps he will marry and years later we will hear of the influential House Spicer of Castamere?

I'm not very optimistic for him and his sister, given the earthquake that is going to arrive for house Lannister and its followers soon he risks to suffer his closeness with the Lannisters, at least of losing the titles and lands Tywin granted him by the new Aegon regime.

Sybell is surely to get karma for her manipulation of her daughter and her abortion of any child from Robb in Jeyne, and her role in the Red Wedding, possibly at the hands of Lady Stoneheart herself. 

5 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

no , Aegon will probably give that castle to someone in the Golden Company

12 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Murder-by-Stoneheart. I think GRRM was playing coy when he said Jeyne will be in the prologue, and that she’ll actually be our prologue POV (which would be nice, because that whole plot line is a bit underdeveloped). 

Stoneheart won’t execute Jeyne Westerling. 

9 hours ago, EggBlue said:

no , Aegon will probably give that castle to someone in the Golden Company

I wonder how many castles, lands and titles will be given to members of the Golden Company? Surely this will have determinate effect on how many opts to join Daenerys. Some might be chased away from their castles and lands. Others might lose their titles by Aegon's decree, while still holding their castles and lands.

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I wonder how many castles, lands and titles will be given to members of the Golden Company? Surely this will have determinate effect on how many opts to join Daenerys. Some might be chased away from their castles and lands. Others might lose their titles by Aegon's decree, while still holding their castles and lands.

yeah. fortunately for him , the current regime has already taken away many castles from their rightful lords and ladies to give to its own supporters. he could use those castles as well as Castemere , Tarbeck , Darklyn and the other castle that was related to Darklyns. but he will surely make many enemies in the process . he has already brought a company that people used to fight against . should he give castles/lands to the previous owners, the current owners , the owners from before RR, his new men or the GC men who owned them generations ago? 

He could forge alliances with marriages  but the manner of which this will be done would define him.. will he force widows into effectively giving up their castles and themselves or will he persuade them the way Black Aly did after the Dance , Jon Snow did between Alys and Sigorn and his supposed ancestor -Nymeria- did all those years ago?

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

She will if she thinks Jeyne was in on her mother’s scheme.

She has no reason to think that. Stoneheart has no knowledge of the deal that Sybill made. And besides, Jeyne clearly loved Robb earnestly, and she wanted to be a good queen for him. She spoke to Catelyn in confidence about that very thing.

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

She has no reason to think that. Stoneheart has no knowledge of the deal that Sybill made. And besides, Jeyne clearly loved Robb earnestly, and she wanted to be a good queen for him. She spoke to Catelyn in confidence about that very thing.

Wasn’t Tom spying on Jaime for her? He may have overheard some things.

Either way, I would very much like a Jeyne POV chapter. She’s been mostly a plot device so far, and the only scene we got with her before Robb’s death was when she asked Cat for advice about being a good wife in ASOS. We never got to see her relationship with Robb.

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

Catelyn knew this but Lady Stoneheart is not the same woman anymore, her rage and paranoia could blind her and cause her to believe that Jeyne was an accomplice in her mother's schemes unless someone that LS trusts enough vouches for Jeyne. 

Just now, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Catelyn knew this but Lady Stoneheart is not the same woman anymore, her rage and paranoia could blind her and cause her to believe that Jeyne was an accomplice in her mother's schemes unless someone that LS trusts enough vouches for Jeyne. 

Yeah, I could see Thoros begging LS to spare her but Stoneheart hanging her anyway.

Ironically, this would end up turning the northmen against the brotherhood, since they killed the Young Wolf’s queen.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Ironically, this would end up turning the northmen against the brotherhood, since they killed the Young Wolf’s queen.

The north has no reason to believe that Jeyne was not complicit in betraying the Starks. When people find out that the Spicers were awarded lands for turning against the Starks, they'll probably think Jeyne was in on it too.

I can see lots of possibilities for Jeyne Westerling's future.  She could get killed during a rescue attempt (or actually get rescued, but I doubt that).  She could arrive in Casterly Rock and wreak havoc with the Lannister household ("Hi, Martyn, wanna have some fun?").  She could show up back in the Riverlands, waving the bloody shirt for her martyred husband.  I anticipate trouble of some kind.  I think Jaime was on to something when he told Prester she was more threat than Edmure.

I doubt anything the Westerlings do will have much affect outside the Westlands and Riverlands.  Specifically, I don't see it affecting Daenerys or Aegon.  My guess is that the Prologue will have her arrival at Casterly Rock.  What happens after that I don't know, but I think making trouble in the Riverlands is most likely. 

As for LSH, if she's going to execute Jeyne, she first has get her hands on her.  Given that Jeyne is headed for the Westlands, that will likely be difficult.  And if she does reappear in the Riverlands, it will probably be in support of the insurgency.  She may die, but probably not by LSH.

Archived