Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

33 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Why do we put so much time and effort and money into taking our kids to see Father Christmas, when every child on earth is terrified of creepy old sinister santa?

Because Lady BFC wants to send and post pictures of her children's forced torture. Just say thank you for the new batch of fresh, clean socks next week and accept this is your new normal.

19 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody on the board got a social media engagement background? I've just been given a job I'm wholly unqualified for at work, and some guidance or advice on what to read would be extremely appreciated. 

I have a PR background and have had to do some social media work in that sphere, though it's been a bit. Give me a sense with what you need help with and I'll let you know if I can lend a hand or not. Feel free to PM me.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have a PR background and have had to do some social media work in that sphere, though it's been a bit. Give me a sense with what you need help with and I'll let you know if I can lend a hand or not. Feel free to PM me.

Knowing the Met, they’ve probably just heard of MySpace and Bebo, and want him to set up accounts :P

I swear no place has weirder weather than Minnesota, specifically the Twin Cities. The weather can shift 50 degrees in just a couple days both in the winter and summer. You can’t plan for much of anything. I got an email through work a few hours ago warning of bad weather. It says to expect heavy rain, thunder storms, wind storms that may lead to tornados, snow and everything is going to freeze over tonight. At the time my car said it was nearly 60 degrees outside and it was bright and sunny. All of that is suppose to occur within 12 hours if the weather report is accurate.

ETA: Looks like some there's been some touch down, but it's all to the South right now. Still, the part that's hitting us now is fairly interesting and makes no sense for this time of year.

Just read a news tidbit about a baggage handler in Mumbai who decided to have a little nap at work, and woke up in Abu Dhabi, and I'm like: There but for the grace of God go I.

Oh, he's apparently completely fine and back home btw.

As it’s getting close to the shortest daylight of the year, I’ve been thinking about the sunrise & sunset times and the thread around here that was dedicated to that topic a couple of years ago. Yesterday, sunrise was at 7:24am and the sunset was at 4.49pm. It’s kinda depressing to walk into work every day just before dawn and then walk into my apartment complex an hour after dusk.

Did I ever tell you I carried my Christmas tree home in my bare hands? It’s a 10 minute walk but my arms are still a bit sore. I stretched them three times a day over the weekend and yesterday, so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. Still, it was a silly idea, a fair bit of money and I don’t even like the tree all that much. 

Archived