Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

36 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ok ok, technically, the next day, but not much for a week and not a decent amount until the end of January.

Low, my Canadian friend.

Do you grow used to the cold if you are born to it?

Or is your mind power so great you are able to ignore the cold like an Aes Sedai?

(It was 2.77 celsius this morning, and I nearly got frostbite)

48 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ok ok, technically, the next day, but not much for a week and not a decent amount until the end of January.

But hopefully we'll have peaked Omicron infections by then?  At least here, where we got clobbered with it first in the USA YAY!

I watched Four Seasons Total Landscaping doc for the fifth or sixth time. If I am walking by and that thing comes on I will sit and watch it. I had been fooling about in the room and the doc that was on before FSTL was about a guy in South Carolina who owns an ice cream shop. Next to his shop is another spot that flies the confederate flag and has a memorial in the lot out front. The ice cream shop guy was trying to get the memorial taken out and flag taken down. In the doc was an interview with a gentleman who sat in an armchair and said that slavery was the best thing to happen to blacks. Without slavery the blacks wouldn't be here driving BMW's but would instead still be in Africa where they would be eaten by a lion. Really puts everything in perspective.

I phoned a heater repairman yesterday. He phoned me this morning that he’d be late and arrive around 12pm. It’s nearly 2 now. I don’t feel like making an effort and the heater seem to have self-healed yesterday, so if he doesn’t show up I’ll just let the whole thing go. But this would be rather unpleasant if my heater really was broken. 

So I had a three hour layover in Nashville this evening on my way back to Pitt.  During that time period while sitting at the bar across from my gate, news broke that both John Madden and Harry Reid died.  I suppose I should never go to Nashville again.

This story-

https://news.yahoo.com/tiger-fatally-shot-biting-arm-125810388.html

Makes me so angry that I have rage racing through my veins.

Why, Why, Why do we have to kill the endangered animals that should have never been put into a compromising situation in the first place?

Life in prison is deserved for the idiotic stunt taker who couldn't abide by the protocals in place and by doing so caused the big cat to be shot.

This whole thing stinks. I'm sick of these stories where the zoos have a million excuses  "but, but, our rules, our cages, blablabla"

To the zoo-

YOU FAILED TO PROTECT THE CAT 

IT WAS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

YOUR EFFORTS WERE INSUFFICIENT

YOU SHOULD BE PUNISHED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CRIME!! 

ETA: 

Perhaps this facility needs to be permanently shuttered, its owners assets forfeited and used to support more protected habitat for these magnificent animals?

There needs to be punishment and reparations to deter these failures.

Archived