Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

Not worthy of a thread, just frustrated that I can't figure this out.

On my computer I have Left speaker, Right speaker, Sub.  There is practically no sound coming from the left.  When I run the test feature the right speaker is doing both the left and right sounds.

On the properties tab I found a section called jack information which says: 

• L R
  • RL RR
  • C Sub

This seems to imply that it is sending 6 signals--1 jack for both left and right, 1 jack for Rear Left and Rear Right, and 1 jack for Center and Sub.

I'm trying to figure out how to convince the computer that I only have 3 speakers and it should send the correct signal to each of them but I just keep falling down one fruitless rabbit hole after another.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I wonder if I’m the only Christmas celebrating person on the planet who lost weight during the holidays. You know what, I don’t even need to wonder, I already feel like a special snowflake.

I put on 8lb in 2 weeks. Don't regret a single drink or chocolate. 

I lost a few lbs. also, though I only know this due to my jeans sliding down my hips, when they'd fit perfectly before the holidays.  I attribute this to Omicron, which the news hitting just as the season was getting going killed my appetite, especially as I had to start thinking of making All the Food All the Time again, and being so anxious about getting it w/o getting Omicron too.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Powder room?

Yeah I just assumed they meant a half bath, or .5, and the other 5s were just a typo.  We had a powder room growing up, it was quite convenient.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk, I could find anything on the internet about it. You'd hope your realtor wouldn't fuck up like that on a nearly $20m listing. 

A repeating decimal like that means that there are currently two mirrors on opposing walls in one of the half baths.  If you move one of them it'll go back to .5

On 1/4/2022 at 7:41 AM, Spockydog said:

Got myself a jerrycan and filled it with 20l of petrol. Will tuck it away for a rainy day, let's hope I don't burn my house down. :lol:

Put some kind of fuel stabilizer in it.  Gas goes bad pretty quickly.  Probably not going to fuck up a modern IC engine in a car much but if you're using it for a small engine or anything with a carburetor put in stabil or something similar.

13 minutes ago, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

Put some kind of fuel stabilizer in it.  Gas goes bad pretty quickly.  Probably not going to fuck up a modern IC engine in a car much but if you're using it for a small engine or anything with a carburetor put in stabil or something similar.

I had no idea. Thanks for the tip!

There used to be a popular sport called Pedestrianism, which was long distance competitive walking over numerous days. I'm trying to figure out how one walks one mile every hour for 1,000 consecutive hours. Sounds awful.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There used to be a popular sport called Pedestrianism, which was long distance competitive walking over numerous days. I'm trying to figure out how one walks one mile every hour for 1,000 consecutive hours. Sounds awful.

Well walking quickly puts you at a 2.5-3 miles an hour, so if you say walk for 8-10 hours a day you're hitting your 24+ miles per day pace required. 

Even backpacking carrying 35-50 lbs doing 25 miles a day is a long day but not that unusual.  

Today is King's Day.  In Roman Catholic countries, and here in New Orleans, we eat King Cake.  We have some, from Mille Feuille, our local French bakery -- which makes all the very best of everything that it makes.  It feels all the more important to observe King's Day since, for a very long time, 01/6/21 will be thought of on this date in the USA YAY.

3 hours ago, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

Well walking quickly puts you at a 2.5-3 miles an hour, so if you say walk for 8-10 hours a day you're hitting your 24+ miles per day pace required. 

Even backpacking carrying 35-50 lbs doing 25 miles a day is a long day but not that unusual.  

Maybe I wasn't clear. The guy who first achieved this goal walked one mile every hour for 1,000 consecutive hours, taking nearly 42 days. The level of sleep deprivation had to be insane. And this was done in the 19th century, so it must have been fun walking at night.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. The guy who first achieved this goal walked one mile every hour for 1,000 consecutive hours, taking nearly 42 days. The level of sleep deprivation had to be insane. And this was done in the 19th century, so it must have been fun walking at night.

Holy shit.  That's amazing.  

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Today is King's Day.  In Roman Catholic countries, and here in New Orleans, we eat King Cake.  We have some, from Mille Feuille, our local French bakery -- which makes all the very best of everything that it makes.  It feels all the more important to observe King's Day since, for a very long time, 01/6/21 will be thought of on this date in the USA YAY.

There was a movie about this, pretty good, think it was called Three Men and a Baby

Just now, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

There was a movie about this, pretty good, think it was called Three Men and a Baby

How do mixed-up milk formula and drugs = Three Kings Day / Epiphany?  I admit to not having seen the movie though. :D

Archived