Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How do mixed-up milk formula and drugs = Three Kings Day / Epiphany?  I admit to not having seen the movie though. :D

three kings and a baby 

Edit: when I worked at this garden center that sold Xmas trees, years ago, a lot of customers would have us remove the trees from the houses on three kings day.  Usually they'd tip us with cash and some cake.  Then would drive the trees to the park and throw them into a huge pile that would get turned into mulch.  

2 hours ago, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

three kings and a baby 

Edit: when I worked at this garden center that sold Xmas trees, years ago, a lot of customers would have us remove the trees from the houses on three kings day.  Usually they'd tip us with cash and some cake.  Then would drive the trees to the park and throw them into a huge pile that would get turned into mulch.  

That's very cool.  Being brought up totally protestant w/in a totally protestant community/region (Catholics didn't COUNT, though they were there!) I knew nothing about any of this, not really, until being part of the Puerto Rican communities here, and then living in New Orleans.

We did observe, within our congregation, Epiphany -- which signified something else in my world. The kings were only for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Not the way they do it in Puerto Rico, as I learned after moving here, that Christmas really was owned by Puerto Rico.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. The guy who first achieved this goal walked one mile every hour for 1,000 consecutive hours, taking nearly 42 days. The level of sleep deprivation had to be insane. 

If you timed it right you could maybe get 1 hr 30 between miles.

It sounds mentally exhausting far more than physically. 

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

If you timed it right you could maybe get 1 hr 30 between miles.

It sounds mentally exhausting far more than physically. 

Indeed. In the Watch thread I recommended a doc called Losing Sight of Shore. It's about a 8-9 month rowing journey six women did in three legs, four at a time, and when the four were on the boat they worked in never ending two hour shifts of rowing/relaxing. A true feat of overcoming physical and mental exhaustion. I'd probably go insane after a week of that before considering it's being done on the open ocean with no support. 

5 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Signed up for online meditation. I like Tim Burnett’s voice and should review Kristen Neff and Christopher Germer. I was reminded about walking meditation here, but not long distance!

I offer online guided meditation sessions for $100 US / hour.  Will give you discount as most customers demand their money back / pursue litigation to recoup losses.  DM me for details.  

I've not watched actual TV channels with adverts in a long while but watching Yellowjackets over the past few days they've been cropping up...and why are the Apple watch adverts so creepy and morbid? Is "This watch can be used to locate you anytime anyplace if you happen to have a terrible accident" really the selling point you are going to focus on? It was unsettling to me...

Ha! Reading this, I see the irony that this advert was in the ad-break for Yellowjackets 

Idk why, but I keep getting bombarded with ads for modern men's wallets, yet I almost never see anyone with them in person (granted with the pandemic I'm not seeing guys pulling out their wallets much in general). Does anyone actually use them?  

I recently started using a bulky wallet because I was fed up always leaving my credit card or my gym card or my supermarket points card at home. In more enlightened places than where I live you can do all that on your phone but I’m stuck carrying it around. Very annoying with jeans.

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk why, but I keep getting bombarded with ads for modern men's wallets, yet I almost never see anyone with them in person (granted with the pandemic I'm not seeing guys pulling out their wallets much in general). Does anyone actually use them?  

What is a 'modern men's wallet?'

Archived