Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

19 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well I know my reaction to this headline is to want to smash my head into my desk:

It's an age old truth that having people want to watch you being punched in the face is very marketable. 

Almost more marketable than being actually good at punching people in the face. 

Along the Alps of what I don't understand has appeared a new one: why is media blowing up about the Pope going to a record store, particularly one owned by friends of his?  Is this considered something a Pope isn't supposed to do, and if so, why in the world?  Or is Rome in covid lock down?  Or, is it just paparazzi catching a pope?   The guy went to a record store? Why shouldn't he go to a record store? Or is it something else?

Ode to the Frozen Fruit Snack in my Freezer:

To my frozen raspberry treat, Huzzah!

Always you have seemed like an oasis to me

You promise relief on a hot day, and yet n'er have I partook in your succulence

No matter how sweltering the circumstances, I have never decided to just eat you.

I believe I may have transported you from old home to new, which means you are at least 10 years old.

Too precious to destroy, too hard to eat--wherefore may we meet in harmony?

You ask little in way of space and consideration.  Over and over I decide to keep you--just in case.

But now you are a shackle, endlessly claiming my mind.  Every time I open the freezer, what about me?  Not now, maybe later.

One day I must eat you or discard you.  No matter the relief you portend, I must be free.

I just read an article on my newsfeed about a group of crypto enthusiasts buying an early edition of Dune for over $3 million and thinking they now own the copyright. 

This is why investing in cryptocurrencies is a game for idiots. They want to make an NFT of the book and then burn it.  Fools and their money...

16 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I love snow. Wish there was more of it. 

There was 45 centimetres of it, up to 55 in some places. Ottawa, the capital, broke records. It gets dangerous.

It may snow tomorrow, and there are storms out west that are headed this way and will reach us in a few days. Temperatures at night are supposed to be in the -15 C range, stuff will not be melting. I have no idea where I will put more snow, the pile is 7 feet high, 2 metres and a bit, on my front lawn and I can’t throw the snow higher.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

There was 45 centimetres of it, up to 55 in some places. Ottawa, the capital, broke records. It gets dangerous.

It may snow tomorrow, and there are storms out west that are headed this way and will reach us in a few days. Temperatures at night are supposed to be in the -15 C range, stuff will not be melting. I have no idea where I will put more snow, the pile is 7 feet high, 2 metres and a bit, on my front lawn and I can’t throw the snow higher.

That doesn't sound at all like fun. Stay safe. 

The only thing my bro hates more than mowing his yard is shoveling and blowing snow and / or melting the ice sheet that often forms on his long, steep driveway.  He's the first one out there pounding in the stakes to guide the snowplow when it comes to dig out the community's driveways, and he tests his snowblower all through the summer and fall to be certain its operational (and in late winter he's testing his mower -- engineers, they are like that).  He's been very unhappy the last couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I've been enjoying playing Wordle for the past few days. So far it's been a fun few minutes every morning but I can also tell at some point I'm going to get to my last guess and end up wasting a few hours in work agonizing over potential options.

We’ve been sharing our results on Facebook! Nothing like needing 6 on a word and someone comes along with 3, ha-ha-ha! Lots of fun seeing Mark Lawrence post his!

I’ve been enjoying Wordle as well. Kind of surprising how annoying it is to think of a word when half the keyboard is greyed out. And then how obvious it seems when you eventually get it. I spent about five full minutes trying to get ‘query’ the other day, after I already had three of the letters. My wife did it at first glance.

I got an email from an acquaintance I have not talked to in a few years. It had no message, only a link.  I pride myself on not being dumb enough to click strange links so it was with smug superiority that I clicked the link. It led to an occult website page showing protection charms and amulets and such. I looked closer at the email addy it came from and then googled the portion after the 'at' sign. It showed information on a Czech black magic site. For followers of the left hand path, it said. I can only assume I stared into the abyss at some point.

Archived