Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Actually the German version is slightly more difficult imho. Those annoying 3 extra vowels (Ä.Ö,Ü).

I mean (my) basic approach to solve wordles

1. RADIO (eliminates three vowels, R is a super common consonant. D isn't horrible either)

2. Try to shuffle yellow letters around and/or try to check up on the letter E (add U and S/T if possible). Now we reach the point where English and German somewhat differ. In English Y is further up the food chain as a semi-vowel, than it is in German. 

Worst case scenario it should put you in solution territory. 

Lower number of attempts takes a bit of luck. 

I’ve moved away from starting with the same word, but when I first started I’d use “Sauce.” Apparently for the English version the two best words to start with are “Roate” and then “Sling.”

Makes sense. 

You kill a lot of vowels, and you also use the most common consonants (rst).

After ROATE and SLING you just have u and y left as letters who can serve as vowels. And you also used the most common consonants. 

RADIO

BLUES is also pretty solid in that sense. Probably not quite as good, but still very solid.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Makes sense. 

You kill a lot of vowels, and you also use the most common consonants (rst).

After ROATE and SLING you just have u and y left as letters who can serve as vowels. And you also used the most common consonants. 

RADIO

BLUES is also pretty solid in that sense. Probably not quite as good, but still very solid.

Try using TEARS.

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Just do what every college student does in those situation.

Put the pdf on an USB stick. Go to a copy shop. Print it out. Have it bound. 

:read:

Do you mean procure the shortened and highlighted version through a Facebook group that someone else had printed before and is reselling? :leaving: 

42 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Do you mean procure the shortened and highlighted version through a Facebook group that someone else had printed before and is reselling? :leaving: 

Nah, as in download the textbooks from the publishers your college has a contract with.

Alternatively (what I (and others did)). The copyshop run by people with handycaps (basically social work project to give those folks occupied). Loan out the book from the University Library. And let them do the manual labour. Saves you the tedious time in front of the copy machine, fee wasn't really that big. And you got it as a bound reader back. I think a coed once had the problem with her copy, that one chapter was not were it was supposed to. It was very relaxed way to solve the issue with limited copies of textbooks during exams. Regular copy shops would shy away over copyright issues. If you didn't need the entire book, you would hand in a note with the chapter numbers (or page numbers).

The power of greed:

“They’re scary motherf------ to get involved with,” Mickelson said, of the Saudi government. “We know they killed [Washington Post reporter Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider [their new league]? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates. The Saudi money has finally given us that leverage.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article258637858.html

Phil Mickelson is getting torched for saying the quiet part out loud.

Joy, joy, joy 66° !  Walked in the colonial landscape museum park, appreciating the teeny snowdrops, and the very tiny green stems just pushing up among the leafy mulch on the woods' floor.  Soon all around us will be crocci, narcissi, hyacinths, jonquels, daffys and tulips./ Saw a teeny doggie excited out of its teenansie brain at being outside.  A leaf was blowing around where he was being walked, and he chased it so hard!

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

Joy, joy, joy 66° !  Walked in the colonial landscape museum park, appreciating the teeny snowdrops, and the very tiny green stems just pushing up among the leafy mulch on the woods' floor.  Soon all around us will be crocci, narcissi, hyacinths, jonquels, daffys and tulips./ Saw a teeny doggie excited out of its teenansie brain at being outside.  A leaf was blowing around where he was being walked, and he chased it so hard!

I'm very very much ready for spring. 

Specifically during my commute, I really notice the difference in my moods when I'm travelling during daylight instead of darkness and I'm not fully frozen by the time I arrive at work on my bike. 

Aaaahhhhh!

I jumped off of South Point Hawaii. 

I trusted my dad to record it. Big mistake.

Of course he double hit the film button on my phone, even after I explained to him how it worked. 

Now all I have is a one second video of me launching myself off a platform. 

:tantrum:

On 2/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, Fragile Bird said:

We had a couple of inches of snow overnight, and it’s -5 C at the moment.

Yesterday the Weather Channel app on my phone predicted rain.  Rain for a full five minutes.  Five minutes!  Sorry to say, I missed it.    :dunno:

On 2/27/2022 at 12:11 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Aaaahhhhh!

I jumped off of South Point Hawaii. 

I trusted my dad to record it. Big mistake.

Of course he double hit the film button on my phone, even after I explained to him how it worked. 

Now all I have is a one second video of me launching myself off a platform. 

:tantrum:

You’re in Hawaii!?

You’re not a penguin, you’re a damn dawg!

15 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I took a poetry class. Fussing about the syllables in Haiku writing takes your mind off things. There is a lot to consider:) 

Counting syllables 

In HoodedCrow's post works too. 

Could it be haiku? 

I've finished counting. 

Thirty-two is too many. 

Unlike Belgian beer. 

. . ..  Easy to forget but, hey today is Lundi Gras -- and tomorrow's Mardi Gras.  Eat some damned King Cake you all.  They are doin' it in New Orleans -- covid pent Mardi Gras energy has been bangin' in the streets for days already.

4 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

currently i have a broken right arm (dominant) so can barely post except to "like"  it's driving me crazy

O gosh -- that must of hurt, hope your meds are good. Why yes, I've broken both arms, and a wrist as part of one of the broken arms. And it hurt like, well, I'm sure you now what it hurts like, I'm sorry to say.  Hope the pain receded soon and the healing is clean and smooth.

Archived