Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

14 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

/snip

Appreciation to your bus driver. I have never witnessed a driver interfering in these conflicts on my public transport. 
In summer 2020 I spent a lot of time reading in parks because we still cared about covid then and I was between jobs. The playground mum fights… there was more drama every day in that park than I could have found watching tv at home instead. 

14 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

I went into the Target to buy a pile of Red's Burritos because I was running low. I left the Target roughly $300 lighter with my burritos, a Batman shirt, two regular long sleeve shirts, a Matrix Blu Ray set and a West Wing DVD set. Struck out on frames again, though.

Trader Joe's has now stopped carrying my favorite mints. It used to be that Trader Joe's was great because the inventory would change and you might find something you like. I feel I am coming out the other side of that now, though, because I am getting tired of finding things I like only for them to disappear.

"Welcerm to Tergert!"

Don't know where to put this news regarding SFWA choice not to boycott Russia.

http://file770.com/sfwa-rejects-call-to-join-boycott-of-russia-a-guest-post-by-borys-sydiuk/#comments

I'm not sure what to think about it either, as they had no qualms about doing that sort of thing to Iraq (though not Saudi) back in 9/11.  When it wasn't Iraq that flew the planes.

I am more than ever glad though that I cut my ties with the organization about 2-3 years later.

But I am not happy about a lot of the comments either that seem to think the average Russian person can easily Do Something about Putin, so then so what if they are punished by economic sanctions and blockades.

http://file770.com/pixel-scroll-3-14-22-this-scroll-is-non-fileable-token/

Russia is imposing its own sanctions in retaliation --

The Kidscreen headline says “Russia strikes at Peppa Pig in copyright battle” but as Craig Miller explains on Facebook, “[The article] spells out a Russian counter to all of the international economic sanctions being put in place because of Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. The Russian government has declared that trademarks, copyrights, and patents from countries they have deemed ‘unfriendly’ can be ignored and Russian companies and people can steal and bootleg all they want.”

Peppa Pig has gotten caught up in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and the development could have implications for other entertainment IPs.

eOne’s billion-dollar franchise has found itself at the heart of a Russian retaliatory strategy against economic sanctions. A Russian court has dismissed a case that eOne brought last year against a local entrepreneur who allegedly used the Peppa Pig trademark without permission. And the government has now doubled down on the ruling with its own decree allowing patented inventions and designs to be used without permission or compensation.

The decree opens the door to copyright infringement of brands from many territories that Russia has deemed to be unfriendly in recent weeks, including Australia, Canada, the UK, New Zealand, the US, Japan and Switzerland. However, it’s likely that Russian companies will use the new rule change to stock up on devices, technologies and (in the case of the entertainment industry) kids content, which could be in short supply amid all the sanctions, according to a statement from Chicago-based law firm Baker McKenzie.…

In the past anyone who ignores copyrights and royalties, etc. gets the full weight of SFWA wrath and legal action upon their heads.   Which is certainly action, which SFWA says it cannot legally do.   So :dunno:  You decide!

On 3/13/2022 at 3:27 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Create your own like Kal did and confuse Ran all over again

Wait just one minute……. Do you have the power to sentence me?!

YOU’RE A SILLY GOOSE!!!

:leaving:

Spoiler

If not, tell me whose nose I must needs tweak :ninja:.

I only need one. I can take the prison time.

I went to an exhibition today because it’s spring and covid restrictions are over and I kinda need to pump some life into me, so I thought let’s go to this guided tour of this exhibition. Well the tour was meh at most, but the exhibition itself was fantastic and the collection album cost only… €15 which is insane, not only in terms of exchange rate, but also in terms of value for money. And then I didn’t buy it. Because… reasons. I always do this. I never buy the exhibition album and I always, without exception regret it. Why, brain, just why? 

Spent most of the afternoon walking in the sun and warm air, looking at flowers, running errands, talking with friends via fone.  I suddenly realized I was seeing a lot of people wearing these old Peace Sign - Nuclear Disamament symbols.  There were more of those symbols displayed around here today surely than all put together probably, since Glasnost?

https://www.fastcompany.com/3036540/the-untold-story-of-the-peace-sign

Spring is here!  We went to Florida last week for sunshine, an ocean view and a fantastic sea breeze.  That’s our first vacation since COVID and it was really overdue.  We had a fantastic time and will definitely return.  The long flight to Hawaii just isn’t worth it now.

And now I’ve taken an extra few days off to work in the garden before I return to Zoom.  It’s so therapeutic.  I’m putting in fertilizer spikes for all the trees and shrubs, and giving them pep talks for the growth season ahead.  The Norwegian spruce and arbor vitae look so healthy and green already.  The shrubs and deciduous trees have not really woken up yet, but they’ll come to life in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Because you are getting old  

If I'm getting old than you have one foot in the grave and Maarsen is already a zombie. :P But jokes aside these ads are everywhere and they're not targeted. I just don't get why a few different products popped up at the same time with these massive ad buys. And it's so annoying that they're claiming that if you take the vitamins all your health issues will improve well what will really happen is you'll have expensive piss. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

And it's so annoying that they're claiming that if you take the vitamins all your health issues will improve well what will really happen is you'll have expensive piss. 

Hmmm. Daily glucosamine supplements completely cured my increasingly painful golfers elbow, after the doctor said there was basically nothing to be done.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why is there all of the sudden a fuckton of ads for vitamin supplements, and also, why are they so terrible? 

Are you saying on this site?  Gotta say, haven't seen those.  The banner one at the top currently is for fuller thicker hair for me though, so I guess they're worried about that.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Are you saying on this site?  Gotta say, haven't seen those.  The banner one at the top currently is for fuller thicker hair for me though, so I guess they're worried about that.

Nah, currently I just get a lot of jewelry and furniture ads here. I’m talking about TV and podcast commercials mainly. It’s reaching ED and beer levels during NFL games.

I can confirm though this site was convinced for more than six months that I really needed to buy high heels and it’s 100% @Mlle. Zabzie's fault!

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

My wife just bought a Gucci bag. I haven't asked and she hasn't said what it cost. 

Correct on all counts.

I’ll invest in some designer bags, but for “seasonal” bags, I usually stick with mid-range.  They tend to be more fashion forward and so aren’t fashion-relevant for as long and they have limited use.  Same, btw, with my work/computer bag.  I have a Tory Burch number which is fine, but I’m really hard on it so wouldn’t want to invest more.

Archived