Small, Worthy, Unworthy, Undervalued -- You Roll With It!

Zorral

Got a colonoscopy this morning (got Crohn’s Disease, and has been 10 years since last).

The prep is possibly the worst. Had limited diet on Thursday, coukdnt eat anything after 0900 yesterday, and was supposed to drink 2litres if some minging laxative. Managed just over 1 litre before calling it a day.

Spent last night hungrily  sitting next to wife eating a pizza and watching Master Chef…

Chosen the gas option over sedation. Was sedated 10 years ago, so we’ll see if its the wiser choice. Woth sedation, when they said it was done, I hadn’t realised they’d properly started.

27 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Got a colonoscopy this morning (got Crohn’s Disease, and has been 10 years since last).

The prep is possibly the worst. Had limited diet on Thursday, coukdnt eat anything after 0900 yesterday, and was supposed to drink 2litres if some minging laxative. Managed just over 1 litre before calling it a day

Spent last night hungrily  sitting next to wife eating a pizza and watching Master Chef…

That sucks. 

Was she laughing, my wife would have been laughing. 

How does the audible algorithm work? Is it simply bad or is it purposefully the way it is? Some months ago it took me weeks to eliminate a recommendation that was based on ONE search from which I didn’t even end up buying any of the books. I can’t explain that any other way than the algorithm’s being shit. But now audible says they think I would enjoy things I very obviously wouldn’t based on my purchase and listen history. Do they think I should listen to these because it’s the opposite of what I gravitate towards? (That’s a good thing) Or do they think I should listen to these based on what my demographic listens to? (That’s a neutral thing) Or based on what they think my demographic should listen to? (That’s a bad thing) I mean I don’t mind being recommended stuff that’s outside of my general perspective, it is a very good thing to open and broaden one’s mind. Just tell me what’s on a list called We think you will enjoy. Why do you think I would enjoy these listens?  Maybe you recommend that I broaden my views and I welcome that recommendation, but is that really something you’d nameWe think you will enjoy?  It kinda implies I would pick these myself, which I wouldn’t. Why not call it We think you might want to try ?or what else is the logic? It’s a mystery. I so want to understand how these lists come together. 

I picked up a pack of vegan gulab jamun (balls of gram flour and nut soaked in rose water syrup) at the local Asian supermarket, took them back to my room, and ate them all. 

I also have a bottle of beer for later. And an extra bottle of beer in case the first one isn't enough. 

Working really hard this Saturday. 

11 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The prep is possibly the worst. Had limited diet on Thursday, coukdnt eat anything after 0900 yesterday, and was supposed to drink 2litres if some minging laxative. Managed just over 1 litre before calling it a day.

Chosen the gas option over sedation. Was sedated 10 years ago, so we’ll see if its the wiser choice. Woth sedation, when they said it was done, I hadn’t realised they’d properly started.

Went fine :)

About to have a beef casserole and watch the new Spider-Man film with wife and her dad and brother.

Just opening a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape

On 3/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Tywin et al. said:

If I'm getting old than you have one foot in the grave and Maarsen is already a zombie. :P But jokes aside these ads are everywhere and they're not targeted. I just don't get why a few different products popped up at the same time with these massive ad buys. And it's so annoying that they're claiming that if you take the vitamins all your health issues will improve well what will really happen is you'll have expensive piss. 

Brainless. Must eat brainnss. Vitamins blehh. Brains.

2 years of covid and I have completely lost the cognitive ability to book a flight. How the hell do you do it? It used to be ten swipes tops on the phone and now I’ve been at it for 3 days on a laptop…. What’s happening to me? 

Im giving a FREE online talk on Cornish myths and legends at the end of April if you fancy listening to me chat about mermaids, giants and piskies!! I’ve posted the link & everything on Twitter @SianEsther

just feeling really proud of myself :) 

Came across a good April Fool this morning. (At least I hope it is, it would be a shame if it was true!)

Oxford landmark shark has been removed overnight

OXFORD's iconic Shark House has disappeared overnight.

The 25ft fibreglass sculpture which was sticking out of the Headington roof has been removed by the owner in what he has described as a 'protest' to the city council's 'hypocritical' decision to make it a protected landmark.

Magnus Hanson-Heine, 34, strongly objected to his house in New High Street, Headington, being added to the Oxford Heritage Asset Register.

The Oxford City Council register recognises places of important local cultural, social or historic value. But Dr Hanson-Heine is furious at the authority for trading off the fame of the installation created by his late father, the journalist and radio presenter Bill Heine, following the US bombing of Libya.

The anti-war art piece was also designed as a protest against council bureaucracy and planning controls and Mr Heine spent many years battling a hostile city council to keep it.

Dr Hanson-Heine said: "With the recent listing decision, it became clear that people had missed a large part of the message of the Shark House.

"I just didn't see the point of it anymore."

He added: "I might consider putting it back up later this month. I will have to see how I feel."

(For those of you who have not heard of the famous Headington shark, everything in the article is true except, I hope, it having been taken down. Hanson-Heine did strongly object to the shark being given protected status though.)

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Snowed in the UK too. The warming is really global. No place is exempt from weird weather. 

I was on the beach last week. This week it has snowed and its currently -1...

Archived