Marwyn + Quaith

Mad King Bolton

Just had a thought jump in my poor excuse for a brain and I haven't looked into plausibility at all, so apologies if this has been looked at before, but is there any matching up of information that could suggest Marwyn and Quaith are one and the same?  All we get from Quaith are projections and who's to say that Marwyn isn't altering his appearance while projecting his communication with Dany through a glass candle.  He seems fully aware of what is going on with Dany, has a direct connection to Mazz who may have used opportunity and sacrifice to set Dany moving on her journey.  

I'm curious if this has been explored or if it's an easy cut-off (I know many want this to be Sheirra or someone else).  

6 hours ago, Mad King Bolton said:

Just had a thought jump in my poor excuse for a brain and I haven't looked into plausibility at all, so apologies if this has been looked at before, but is there any matching up of information that could suggest Marwyn and Quaith are one and the same?  All we get from Quaith are projections and who's to say that Marwyn isn't altering his appearance while projecting his communication with Dany through a glass candle.  He seems fully aware of what is going on with Dany, has a direct connection to Mazz who may have used opportunity and sacrifice to set Dany moving on her journey.  

I'm curious if this has been explored or if it's an easy cut-off (I know many want this to be Sheirra or someone else).  

If he’s Quaithe, why would he warn Daenerys to beware the perfumed seneschal when that’s meant to be him?

Quaithe is Shiera Seastar

Cheer:

c. 1200, "the face, countenance," especially as expressing emotion, from Anglo-French chere "the face," Old French chiere "face, countenance, look, expression," from Late Latin cara "face" (source also of Spanish cara), possibly from Greek kara "head," from PIE root *ker- (1) "horn; head." From mid-13c. as "frame of mind, state of feeling, spirit; mood, humor.

So "Face" Seastar?

Then she saw. Her mask is made of starlight.

She is looking to steal a dragon:

The pale man with the blue lips replied in guttural Dothraki, "I am Pyat Pree, the great warlock."The bald man with the jewels in his nose answered in the Valyrian of the Free Cities, "I am Xaro Xhoan Daxos of the Thirteen, a merchant prince of Qarth."The woman in the lacquered wooden mask said in the Common Tongue of the Seven Kingdoms, "I am Quaithe of the Shadow. We come seeking dragons."

The three treasons:

. . . The voices were growing louder, she realized, and it seemed her heart was slowing, and even her breath. . . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

Once for blood = Pyat's revenge

Once for gold = Xaro

Once for love = Quaithe

Same order as the one they presented themselves in.

Note that the warlocks are repeatedly mentioned as still being a thread to Dany, which she brushes off. Euron captured four warlocks, one was fed to the others, but only two are accounted for in the Aeron chapter in TWoW, one of them calling out to Pyat.

Xaro is still a threat.

So is Quaithe.

Archmaester Marwyn didn't seem well-informed about what was happening in the life of Daenerys.  It wasn't until he had the information from Samwell when he decided to go to serve his Queen.  He was keeping his distance to protect her but he also lost touch and failed to keep up with King Viserys III and Daenerys.  

5 hours ago, EggBlue said:

whose love? Bloodraven?

No. Shiera Seastar never loved Brynden.

"He heard a whisper on the wind, a rustling amongst the leaves. You cannot speak to him, try as you might. I know. I have my own ghosts, Bran. A brother that I loved, a brother that I hated, a woman I desired. Through the trees, I see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them. The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it."

Though she never wed, she had many offers, and several lovers through the years. Duels were fought over the right to sit beside her, men killed themselves after falling from her favor, poets outdid each other writing songs about her beauty. Her most ardent admirer was her half-brother, Bloodraven, who proposed marriage to her half a hundred times. Shiera gave him her bed, but never her hand. It amused her more to make him jealous.

—George R. R. Martin

It is the love for another, one who holds greater powers than Bloodraven ever did.

Marwyn is a direct man.  He would present himself to Daenerys without disguise.  He doesn't waste time like that.  Quaithe is a different person who speaks in a vague style.  What happened to Rhaego was bad luck and unpredictable.  He was to be the Khal of Khals.  His death passed that duty to his mother.  Marwyn could not orchestrate luck.

Archived