Football: We'll be here until we get the draw we want!

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, UnplayableChar said:

Not that recent of a development. Fernandinho always had a strange immunity to second yellows.

Yeah they’ve always avoided yellows for the tactical fouling but idk a few controversial penalty decisions in recent games that have been dicey to say the least 

Meanwhile in Bundesliga corona news. Bayern wanted to start their winter training camp tomorrow, but there are now five positives (four players + Nageelsmann's assistant D. Toppmöller).

The players are: Neuer, Coman, Tolisso and Omar Richards. Bayern have adjusted their schedule first order of business PCR test the entire squad and then start a day later.

The first yellow for Gabriel was fucking laughable as well. City player pushes into him from behind while he’s telling Attwell Odegaard should have had a pen, bumps him and he gets a yellow. I think Arsenal had more cards than City had fouls.

Also, Martinellis shocking miss wasn’t helped by fucking Attwell screening him as the ball comes and getting out of the way last second. He had no reason to even be in that position. Such a bullshit game. Arsenal were by far the better team on the day.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

The first yellow for Gabriel was fucking laughable as well. City player pushes into him from behind while he’s telling Attwell Odegaard should have had a pen, bumps him and he gets a yellow. I think Arsenal had more cards than City had fouls.

Attwell's the worst ref and you were definitely hard-done by over the course of the game, but there seems to be some uncertainty about this. Stuivenberg says he got booked for a comment (that wasn't extreme), but he's just saying the players told him that. But that was also the moment he scuffed the spot so it's quite likely that was the reason and there was just all the argy-bargy in between clouding the issue. I don't suspect we'll know for sure unless we get a ref's report or something.

So we've signed Vitaly Mykolenko - I guess that means Digne's out for certain. Has looked like that a while, and sad to see, but no reason to sign a left back if it's not the case.

Our problem is consistently our right back, as Coleman is reliable when he's uninjured, but he's never uninjured for long stretches.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Attwell's the worst ref and you were definitely hard-done by over the course of the game, but there seems to be some uncertainty about this. Stuivenberg says he got booked for a comment (that wasn't extreme), but he's just saying the players told him that. But that was also the moment he scuffed the spot so it's quite likely that was the reason and there was just all the argy-bargy in between clouding the issue. I don't suspect we'll know for sure unless we get a ref's report or something.

I watched the video. He stepped on the spot as he walked by and at that point, he wasn’t given anything. He was talking with Attwell, along with Xhaka and he was pointing. Then Mahrez shoved him from behind, he bumps Attwell and at that point, he pulls Gabriel away and cards him. It wasn’t when he stepped on the spot and it wasn’t throughout the convo with him which wasn’t animated from Gabriel. It was after Attwell got bumped. So yea, could be for a comment but it looked like it was triggered when Mahrez shoved him into Attwell from behind.

Feeling pretty bad about the game today. But unlike when we played them three months ago, I'm pissed because we didn't beat them.

I mean, yesterday when I said they were gonna get schooled, I was taking the piss. Of course I was. I fully expected another bad defeat. But we fucking battered them for long periods of the game, and if not for VAR, would have won the thing.

So, feeling pretty bad about the result, but absolutely delighted with the team, and how we're developing. Attracting decent players to the project is going to be much easier after yesterday.

Still think Arsenal need to make CL to finish the side. They aren’t far off but have some replacements they need to make. Still need another CM, replacement for Laca and back up RB. Two for those positions won’t be cheap and if they want to continue with their youth movement, CL will help entice.

17 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Still think Arsenal need to make CL to finish the side.

We'll have to be very very good to get fourth, tbh. Imo, spurs & united probably will finish above us. I think we will probably finish 6th or something. We certainly need the europa league, at the very least. And I think if we get 6th, Arteta will stay, which I think is fair.

A striker is probably the number one priority in the summer

8 minutes ago, Raja said:

We'll have to be very very good to get fourth, tbh. Imo, spurs & united probably will finish above us. I think we will probably finish 6th or something. We certainly need the europa league, at the very least. And I think if we get 6th, Arteta will stay, which I think is fair.

A striker is probably the number one priority in the summer

United have still got big problems. Ronaldo is probably going to get Ralf sacked.

Spurs under Conte are a concern, but at the end of the day, lads, it's Tottenham.

Archived