F A B with novellas?

Aebram

The "Factual History" post that's pinned to the top of this forum says that "Fire and Blood" includes the full text of some novellas. My copy doesn't have any of them. Where can I get a copy that includes this material? I bought the e-book; do I need to get a printed version?

Thanks --

21 minutes ago, Aebram said:

The "Factual History" post that's pinned to the top of this forum says that "Fire and Blood" includes the full text of some novellas. My copy doesn't have any of them. Where can I get a copy that includes this material? I bought the e-book; do I need to get a printed version?

Thanks --

It refers to the novellas The Sons of the Dragon, The Rogue Prince, and The Princess and the Queen.

2 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

It refers to the novellas The Sons of the Dragon, The Rogue Prince, and The Princess and the Queen.

Which, to be clear, were all incorporated directly into F&B, as the chapters of those names. So you're not missing anything, @Aebram

My copy of F&B contains a chapter titled "The Sons of the Dragon," but it doesn't read like a novella. It's written in the style of a history book, just like all the other chapters. My copy does not contain any chapters titled "The Rogue Prince" or "The Princess and the Queen."

Right, forgot some titles changed. Regardless, the novellas were basically reworked to fit into the F&B book. You aren't really missing anything, except for minor tweaks GRRM did between the novella-form and the book.

4 hours ago, Aebram said:

My copy of F&B contains a chapter titled "The Sons of the Dragon," but it doesn't read like a novella. It's written in the style of a history book, just like all the other chapters. My copy does not contain any chapters titled "The Rogue Prince" or "The Princess and the Queen."

FaB includes the novella 'The Sons of the Dragon' in an enlarged and corrected version.

The novella called 'The Rogue Prince' is an abridged version of the FaB chapter 'Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession', while the novella 'The Princess and the Queen' is a very much abridged version of the FaB chapters 'The Dying of the Dragons' - more precisely, of the sub-chapters called 'The Blacks and the Greens', 'A Son for a Son', 'The Red Dragon and the Gold', 'Rhaenyra Triumphant' and 'Rhaenyra Overthrown'.

No material from the final sub-chapter of 'The Dying of the Dragons', 'The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II' was included in 'The Princess and the Queen' which ended with Rhaenyra's death.

14 hours ago, Aebram said:

No, you don't need to. As @Ran said, it's all compiled in FaB. As to the question about titles, it's most likely in there, just under a different tag. 

Archived