NBA continued- Replacement players and the flat earther Road Warrior

DireWolfSpirit

Old thread at 400, carry on.

Here's an article on the talks (union/ mgt) over covid replacement slots.

https://www.espn.com/nba/

NBA discussing plan to require teams short-handed by COVID to sign additional replacement players, sources say

6:39 PM CT
  • Adrian Wojnarowski
  • Baxter Holmes

Just checked the Magic/Nets box score (the game just started) and it's quite the sight.  The Nets don't have anyone playing, but neither do the Magic.  Terrance Ross, Moritz Wagner, Mo Bamba, and RJ Hampton are in protocols.  Wendell Carter, Cole Anthony, and Jalen Suggs all are dealing with injuries.  And of course Fultz and Isaac remain out as they have all season.

10 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

That seems like a very week bunch of hall of fame nominees to me. 

Michael Cooper - Yes, why is he not already in the HoF?

George Karl - OK?

Rollie Massimino - Yes

Dick Motta - OK

Becky Hammon - Sure, but also because of her current role.

Doug Collins - Because of his dress sense and amazing perm as a player for the Sixers?

Jim Valvano - If only because of the immense crater his NC State team created in the college basketball landscape.

Paul Silas - Yes

Am curious how good Klay Thompson can come back after first the left knee ACL injury then the right leg achilles injury?

He's 31 and has been out 2 full seasons and now over a third of this season. This is a tremendous comeback battle if he can pull it off and be near his old form by the playoffs.

Be pretty cool to see him accomplish it.

Did I mention I hate the Warriors in principle? But I will be pulling for Klay, he's now an underdog with something to prove. Im passionately shallow like that.

Go Klay!!

Lol, the Wolves are playing a game missing basically every starter and rotational player. Gotta get that TV money though. While I hate that the NBA is doing it, at least some guys down the bench can get a chance to put up some good tape.

22 minutes ago, briantw said:

Real minutes.  The Cavs, who are currently also down multiple starters but somehow still way healthier, beat them by like fifty.

Brutal. 

Must be like watching the Saints QB trying to avoid death tonight.

ETA: And sack number eight...

Archived