NBA continued- Replacement players and the flat earther Road Warrior

DireWolfSpirit

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And no, clearly what Jokic did is not acceptable because his overreacting is costing a guy literally months of games played. 

Lol, so obtuse. I'm sure Jokic would have hit him back slightly differently had he known he would injure Morris this badly. Whiplash is pretty random, however, and Jokic definitely didnt intend for this to happen. He reacted to a dirty ass play with a dirty ass play, but i doubt either player wanted to injure the other for 2 months. 

4 hours ago, Relic said:

Lol, so obtuse. I'm sure Jokic would have hit him back slightly differently had he known he would injure Morris this badly. Whiplash is pretty random, however, and Jokic definitely didnt intend for this to happen. He reacted to a dirty ass play with a dirty ass play, but i doubt either player wanted to injure the other for 2 months. 

I don't think it's obtuse at all to point out that what Jokic did was not okay as many seem to think. 

Few people thing what Jokic did was totally fine and above board. What most people ARE saying is that he was reacting in anger to a dirty ass play, and understand why he body checked Morris. 

I've been absutely loving the feel good story of the Bulls overperforming expectations with a totally new roster. Been great. We even have the best record in the East! Wow! But I would've very confidently bet on the Nets and tonight's absolute beatdown is a notice to this team. Durant is a generational talent and the three guys we want to defend him all went down with injuries. He absolutely dominated this game more than his stat line will show.

And as usual Patty freaking Mills feasts on the Bulls, as he has since his Spurs days.

Yup. Texted my friends before the game to throw some money on Nets. I knew Bulls weren’t going to go 3-0 against them.

Caruso should be back soon. Obviously missing him big on the defensive side. Warriors come to town Friday. Brutal stretch of games for them for the next week or so. 

And yet the Nets look full of vulnerabilities and frailties and are dealing with a variety of issues ( also in this game Aldridge and Joe Harris out, 2 likely starters). They can turn it on like they did against the Bulls, but they also get overwhelmed quite a bit as against Milwaukee and Memphis recently.

The Bulls without Williams are a good matchup for them. But on the other hand the Bulls might expect better games from their 2 main stars then was on display last night.

Well the Magic are currently kicking ass at tanking - 3.5 games "ahead" of the Pistons.  Looks like a three-man race for the #1 pick between Jabari Smith, Chet Holmgren, and Paulo Banchero with Smith currently in the lead based on performance.  Probably still favor Holmgren just cuz he's so unicorny.  

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Well the Magic are currently kicking ass at tanking - 3.5 games "ahead" of the Pistons.  Looks like a three-man race for the #1 pick between Jabari Smith, Chet Holmgren, and Paulo Banchero with Smith currently in the lead based on performance.  Probably still favor Holmgren just cuz he's so unicorny.  

But he looks like the most Fragile human being I've ever seen. 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

But he looks like the most Fragile human being I've ever seen. 

Indeed he does.  But ya gotta hand to the kid, he still mixes it up and doesn't shy away from physicality - more so than a lot of guys.  So while health is still a concern I think that mitigates it substantially.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Indeed he does.  But ya gotta hand to the kid, he still mixes it up and doesn't shy away from physicality - more so than a lot of guys.  So while health is still a concern I think that mitigates it substantially.

So you want to draft Twin Cities prospects back to back?

7ft tall, slim frame and weighs 190 pounds. Hard pass on that in the pros. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So you want to draft Twin Cities prospects back to back?

7ft tall, slim frame and weighs 190 pounds. Hard pass on that in the pros. 

I like that he and Suggs played together in HS, yeah. 

Summarily passing on a player just because he's really skinny is lazy analysis.

40 minutes ago, DMC said:

Summarily passing on a player just because he's really skinny is lazy analysis.

Not really. We don't have much evidence that a guy with his frame can have a lot of success at the next level. He needs to add a lot of weight and muscle mass and I just can't see him doing so. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. We don't have much evidence that a guy with his frame can have a lot of success at the next level. He needs to add a lot of weight and muscle mass and I just can't see him doing so. 

His game fits very well with the current NBA.  Is health a risk?  Sure, but not anymore than the risk Banchero's lack of athleticism limits him to nothing more than a role player at the next level, or Smith's underdeveloped skills lead to him being nothing more than a really good 3-and-D.  If either of them were safer bets to become stars I'd say go for the safe pick, but they're not.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

His game fits very well with the current NBA.  Is health a risk?  Sure, but not anymore than the risk Banchero's lack of athleticism limits him to nothing more than a role player at the next level, or Smith's underdeveloped skills lead to him being nothing more than a really good 3-and-D.  If either of them were safer bets to become stars I'd say go for the safe pick, but they're not.

It's not just a health concern, he looks like he could easily get bullied at the next level. Keep in mind KD's skinny ass was 25-30 pounds heavier than him at the same age coming out of Texas. I'm not comparing him to the other top prospects, just saying I'd be worried about drafting him because I don't think he'll develop the weight and strength needed to play center in the NBA.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's not just a health concern, he looks like he could easily get bullied at the next level. Keep in mind KD's skinny ass was 25-30 pounds heavier than him at the same age coming out of Texas. I'm not comparing him to the other top prospects, just saying I'd be worried about drafting him because I don't think he'll develop the weight and strength needed to play center in the NBA.

Well, first, he doesn't need to play center in the NBA.  Second, KD is one example, but so is Garnett, who was listed at 215 - 20 pounds heavier than Holmgren at 195.  It's pretty dumb to instantly write off a player because he's 20 pounds lighter than KG, particularly considering how much the game has changed since Garnett was drafted.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, first, he doesn't need to play center in the NBA.  Second, KD is one example, but so is Garnett, who was listed at 215 - 20 pounds heavier than Holmgren at 195.  It's pretty dumb to instantly write off a player because he's 20 pounds lighter than KG, particularly considering how much the game has changed since Garnett was drafted.

Then what is he going to play exactly? I can't see him being an exceptional wing either.

KD and KG were also way better athletes. Holmgren has some really nice technical skills for a 7 footer, but again, his frame suggests he's not going to add much mass or strength, and combined with a lack of explosion I just don't see it translating to the next level.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Then what is he going to play exactly? I can't see him being an exceptional wing either.

He can easily play 4.  In fact, while no he's not the athlete of KD or KG, he promises to have a much easier time dealing with the athleticism of NBA 4s than Banchero.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

He can easily play 4.  In fact, while no he's not the athlete of KD or KG, he promises to have a much easier time dealing with the athleticism of NBA 4s than Banchero.

How so? He lacks the athleticism to defend the outside and the strength to protect the paint. And I think he'll struggle to attack the rim in the NBA. Again, I'm not comparing him to other prospects, just saying why I'd be nervous to draft him.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How so? He lacks the athleticism to defend the outside and the strength to protect the paint. And I think he'll struggle to attack the rim in the NBA. Again, I'm not comparing him to other prospects, just saying why I'd be nervous to draft him.

LOL, he clearly has the athleticism to defend on the outside and actually brings more physicality defending in the paint than, say, Orlando's current rim protector Mo Bamba.  Your inaccurate portrayals suggest you should actually watch him play rather than make broad conclusions after just looking at his height and weight.

Archived