NFL 2021: Full Speed, Eyes Closed, Can't Lose

Maithanet

Shit… and this is why I just can’t quit Jimmy.

He will act like he’s throwing to 8’4” receivers for three quarters… then put him in a two minute drill and he surgically takes it down the field.

Considering they were -2 in the turnover battle it's fairly impressive it was that close.  Still, they need to get Moseley back if they're gonna have a shot in the playoffs.  Norman and Thomas are worse than replacement level.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Welp… sounds like we may have seen the last of Jimmy G as a Niner. If so, it’s kind of fitting that it’s another injury that finally takes him out.

Was just coming to post this next. I have no idea how they're saying he's day-to-day. A torn UCL and a fracture of the thumb on his throwing hand? Shit if I'm his agent I'm telling him to shut it down right now.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Was just coming to post this next. I have no idea how they're saying he's day-to-day. A torn UCL and a fracture of the thumb on his throwing hand? Shit if I'm his agent I'm telling him to shut it down right now.

Yeah, I had to go back and read the article again to make sure it wasn’t his left hand.  I mean there’s spin… and there’s delusional outright lies.

Here's a good piece on QBs that have dealt with similar injuries.  Stafford was able to tough out a partially torn UCL last year, but everyone else missed about a month.  Frankly the biggest down side to this is it will hurt his trade value, which according to recent articles by Barnwell and PFF was looking pretty damn good.

Today is the day that teams can fire head coaches early and begin interviewing candidates that either are not employed or have given notice they are not returning to their current team. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/27/whos-in-danger-of-getting-fired-by-tuesday-morning/

PFT gives a list of who could be fired today. Does anyone get the hatchet? I'd actually be surprised if even one does. It's an interesting rule that gets your ball rolling but the list of candidates is probably very slim. But frankly it does give NFL teams the ability to sneak by the Rooney Rule by interviewing minority candidates asap so they can hire their real choice as soon as the season is over. Maybe * some team might bite at the two 3rd round picks offered by the Rooney Rule for hiring a minority candidate. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-pass-resolution-rewarding-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

*Yeah right

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Here's a good piece on QBs that have dealt with similar injuries.  Stafford was able to tough out a partially torn UCL last year, but everyone else missed about a month.  Frankly the biggest down side to this is it will hurt his trade value, which according to recent articles by Barnwell and PFF was looking pretty damn good.

What was the argument for this, because I have a hard time seeing it. He's a year older, his play has been mixed and I've seen more criticism than praise, the injury concern was a red flag even before this and even if you want to put a positive spin on him, who would actually trade for him? 

Archived