NFL 2021: Full Speed, Eyes Closed, Can't Lose

Maithanet

3 hours ago, DMC said:

So, I'll preface this by saying if the Niners lose today and finish the season 9-8 (and 1-5 in division games), they don't deserve to make the playoffs. 

But following the scenarios for today one of the tiebreakers doesn't make sense to me.  If the Saints, Eagles, and Niners all finish 9-8, then the Niners don't make it because of conference record.  This is in spite of the fact the Niners beat the Eagles.  I think, objectively, head-to-head should be the first tiebreaker.  If there's a three way tie and each team beat one other (i.e. the Niners beat the Eagles, the Eagles beat the Saints, and the Saints beat the Niners), then fine, go to conference record.  But that's not the case here - the Saints and Niners didn't play each other.

Not feeling good on this game.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Also, I like how at LA Rams is basically a home game for the Niners.

It was loud in there!

I like our chances at Dallas.  And if it works out that we could go to Green Bay; I would welcome that rematch too.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I like our chances at Dallas.  And if it works out that we could go to Green Bay; I would welcome that rematch too.

I think it's fair to be optimistic about the Niners' chances. The Cowboys are so inconsistent and the Packers are paper tigers waiting to get exposed. If you're run game is on you're in either of those games.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It appears the path is Dallas, Brady, Green Bay.  I would very much enjoy beating all of those, but realistically very unlikely on the latter two.  I do think Dallas is eminently beatable though, yeah.

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

It appears the path is Dallas, Brady, Green Bay.  I would very much enjoy beating all of those, but realistically very unlikely on the latter two.  I do think Dallas is eminently beatable though, yeah.

Why is that? If we beat Dallas, and other seeds hold out… we are the lowest seed remaining at 6 and would play GB while TB12 gets 4 Seed Rams; no?

Edit:  I hate how they reseed the playoffs; but that’s how it works unless they changed it and I missed it.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Why is that? If we beat Dallas, and other seeds hold out… we are the lowest seed remaining at 6 and would play GB while TB12 gets 4 Seed Rams; no?

Yeah, you're right, I forgot they reseed now.  Still, it's just the order that's different - I still don't expect the Rams or Cards to beat the Bucs or Packers.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, you're right, I forgot they reseed now.  Still, it's just the order that's different - I still don't expect the Rams or Cards to beat the Bucs or Packers.

If feels legit crazy that I’m sitting here mapping out a path to the NFCG.

23 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The loss to Minnesota perfectly encapsulates the Matt Nagy era. The less said about those plays on 4th down, the fucking better. 

And yet Nagy has a better winning percentage than Shanahan. Please don't fire him!

Archived