The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

2 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

You're no fun, but nevertheless, a Sarlacc digests its victims over a thousand... 

Sure, but stormtrooper armor is shit and is basically worthless, so to a Sarlacc it gives the protection and tastiness of an m&m candy shell

1 hour ago, Kalsandra said:

Sure, but stormtrooper armor is shit and is basically worthless, so to a Sarlacc it gives the protection and tastiness of an m&m candy shell

It would have been way cooler if the ST was melting, but then again Disney and BF needed the oxygen. Plus that whole 1,000 years shit is just to scare people. 

4 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

This is well supported empirically.  I cite their inability to defend against tree branches wielded by anthropomorphic teddy bears.

Blasters are really getting screwed in Star Wars. We have a fair idea how lightsabers are made, now we know how Tusken gaffe sticks are made. 

I'm curious how long it will take for the story to get to revealing Boba's motivation for why he's taken over Jabba's domain.

How many episodes is this?

What made Boba go from feared bounty hunter to altruistic opportunist looking to essentially unionize the Sand People...?

Why exactly is Boba using the bacta tank, beside to give us memories in the form of dreams...Dreams...? You'd think it was because of the Sarlacc...but he doesn't seem worse for the wear from his time out so far...

And I would like for the show to give a narrative explanation why the show is called The Book of Bobba Fett. Such a title implies either an anthology of stories, so would be the adventures of Boba Fett and so far we have only two, or like a metaphorical (or literal) ledger where Boba keeps track of enemies/allies and other stuff. 

bounty hunter to altruistic opportunist looking to essentially unionize the Sand People...?

maybe it will go the original route of becoming the leader of the desert peoples by recognizing their military value and thereby overcoming the interstellar invaders.

he seemed to know chewblacca?

15 minutes ago, sologdin said:

he seemed to know chewblacca?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Krrsantan

He worked for Jabba, too.

Another Easter egg is the location where Boba fights the marauders and steals their speeders is Tosche Station and the human couple accosted by the marauders were childhood friends of Luke who were in a deleted scene from A New Hope.

I haven't finished the episode yet, but how did I not realize last week that that droid is voiced by regular human bartender Jackie Daytona!

Also you could totally see there was no rancor behind that door before the guy broke.

The second episode was a bit better than the first. That's not saying much, as the other one didn't set the bar too high.

Disney precluding compelling writing and quality storylines, I'll settle for something entertaining that makes some sense.

Not holding my breath, but you never know. . .

5 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

The second episode was a bit better than the first. That's not saying much, as the other one didn't set the bar too high.

I did not enjoy the first episode at all, so was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying this one. Hope the quality of the writing improves... but been burned so many times that I should know better by know. 

3 hours ago, sologdin said:

maybe it will go the original route of becoming the leader of the desert peoples by recognizing their military value and thereby overcoming the interstellar invaders.

Are you saying the show should be titled Boba of Tatooine?  Or perhaps Boba of the Dune Sea?

As for episode 2, that was, what, 80% flashback?  Me not happy.

9 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Blasters are really getting screwed in Star Wars. We have a fair idea how lightsabers are made, now we know how Tusken gaffe sticks are made. 

I'm curious how long it will take for the story to get to revealing Boba's motivation for why he's taken over Jabba's domain.

We're there, surely?

Fett wants to protect the Tuskens. He's taken over Jabba's domain in order to have the power to do that. The rest is details.

I actually liked this episode a bit less. Getting some real 'noble savage' vibes.

Yeah, there's an "enlightened saviour" vibe that's feeling a bit weird. Though I get the impression the show is setting up Boba getting kicked out of the Tusken tribe for trying to change them too much. If the Tuskens were ideologically okay with stealing and using better technology and using new tactics based around that, why wouldn't they have done that previously?

Each episode being divided between flashback and new stuff is a solid structure, but it's not really telling us much we couldn't have discerned previously.

Some nice continuity nods. I believe the Twins are new, but Jabba's extended family of squabbling Hutts is part of the extended canon (Ziro the Hutt I can do without seeing ever again though), and Krrsantan is a popular "evil Wookie" character from the mainline comics and the popular Dr. Aphra spin-offs. His missing eye? Lopped out by Obi-Wan Kenobi during an earlier mission on Tatooine! That makes me wonder if we'll get to see that story in the Obi-Wan series, which I don't think is too far off (by which time we'll be fully Tatooined-out).

Matt Berry's extremely wrong torture droid and the idea of an evil Ithorian (who are usually pretty chill) are quite entertaining as well.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Are you saying the show should be titled Boba of Tatooine?  Or perhaps Boba of the Dune Sea?

As for episode 2, that was, what, 80% flashback?  Me not happy.

Howzabout Boba Fett Dances With Wolves...or  Banthas or whatever those things the Sandpeople keep as pets are called...

Anyway, disappointed.

Well that was a thing. 

Good action,but holy crap are the plots stupid recycled shitty western tropes. That was a problem with mandalorian too, but this is as shitty as the Mando one where he comes in and saves a village from raiders. 

And now he has a stick! Oy.

11 hours ago, Werthead said:

Some nice continuity nods.

Rather a lot. Tosche Station, for example.

(Also, those guys are the raiders they saw last episode - same marking on the bikes as they painted on the wall.)

7 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

Well that was a thing. 

Good action,but holy crap are the plots stupid recycled shitty western tropes. That was a problem with mandalorian too, but this is as shitty as the Mando one where he comes in and saves a village from raiders. 

And now he has a stick! Oy.

Well...Tatooine is a dessert planet that feels like the frontier...why not recycle the tropes...?

Mixing a western with a noir crime theme...?  Eh.  Maybe, but slow the flashbacks, unless they're going to have a more direct impact on the current story...unless this story is deliberately being slow walked because it's needing to wait ti set up Mando Season 3...

Archived