The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Bobo missed a trick in not having his Gamorrean guards dance for their lives before he brought them into the fold, but will we perhaps see a dance-off with the Hutt twins next week?

Why not just get a Chris Pratt crossover and be done with it...?

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Reserved for the Ahsoka show. How else are they going to beat Thrawn?

Joke's on them... Thrawn studied Earth's art forms  of the 1980's up to and including the dance off.  You'll never take him by surprise that way.

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Not bad so far, but what the second episode, with its Tusken Raider dance routine, has really brought to light is that we need more dance numbers from the peoples of the Star Wars universe.

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Not bad so far, but what the second episode, with its Tusken Raider dance routine, has really brought to light is that we need more dance numbers from the peoples of the Star Wars universe.

Bobo missed a trick in not having his Gamorrean guards dance for their lives before he brought them into the fold, but will we perhaps see a dance-off with the Hutt twins next week?

We need the Star Wars version of Buffy's Once More, With Feeling!

Slightly better episode but I think they've shit the bed with the casting. I've said it before, the lead actor is dreadful. After the coup that was landing Pedro Pascal as the Mandalorian, this lump of mahogany is really the best they could do?

Anyway, this show is just another example of why Disney/Marvel really need to up their TV show game. Not one of them has had any real substance, either in terms of character or plot. But at least these Star Wars shows aren't just a three hour movie chopped up into six narratively unsatisfying chunks.

Well Temuera Morrison may not be the greatest actor, but I don't think he's terrible. It seems that Boba has mainly been written to seldom display any emotions and be rather wooden. Young Boba hardly displays any emotion when his father is killed, so I wouldn't expect old Boba to cry over the Tuskens. And Morrison has been with the franchise since Attack of the Clones, even though when it comes to the clone troopers I always hear Dee Bradley Baker's voice. Most fans were happy that Morrison came back. I suppose, in the end, you can blame Lucas for making Boba Fett a clone.

55 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Well Temuera Morrison may not be the greatest actor, but I don't think he's terrible. It seems that Boba has mainly been written to seldom display any emotions and be rather wooden.

I doubt this was their strategy. And while I get the fan-service in casting him, we're talking about a multi-billion pound franchise here. They could and should have done better.

The problem is that you'd need to find another Maori actor (or risk being accused of whitewashing the role), preferably someone who could pass as an older version of Morrison, and risk the fans' wrath on that score as well. Or maybe you could have some dialogue explaining that Boba has some tweaked cells from Jango so wouldn't grow up looking 100% like him.

I think the problem here might be not tailoring the material to Morrison's strengths. Or maybe making a six-hour TV show about Boba Fett was not the best idea in the first place. The BTS film they released even had people sitting there going, "Boba Fett is so cool because he's so mysterious and we don't know anything about him." Well, why make him the main character in a TV show then?

I think the show is okay for that, and Morrison is okay if limited in range, but you wonder if they could have taken a better tack here (like just keeping Morrison as a supporting character in The Mandalorian or partnering him with Ahsoka).

I think the problem really is that they've already done The Mandalorian. You don't want to do another show about a mysterious guy in that armor who seldom speaks hunting bounties. So they had to do something different. 

Edit: Glad to see Stephen Root and Nat from Yellowjackets. Those scooters are far too clean though. 

Another thing I was thinking about, doesn't spice come from Kessel? like on a space ship? Why would they be transporting it across Tatooine by train? 

Yea amongst the general fandom, if you’re gonna depict Boba, it has to be Temuera. Or don’t do a Boba series. He’s baked into the series now with everything the prequels did.

I still enjoy it, although with a little work you could’ve positioned Din Djarin to undergo the exact same challenge that Boba’s taking on and just call it a season of Mandalorian. Didn’t enjoy this one nearly as much as last week’s, I think last week is where the budget went.

I wasn’t sure how we were supposed to read the rancor scene, is he gonna try and eat Boba? There was something weirdly sinister about the whole thing, but not quite enough to be sure if it was intentional.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Well, why make him the main character in a TV show then?

Because Jon Favreau and in particular Robert Rodriguez are 1000% the kind of Star Wars fans who think Boba Fett is awesome and always wanted to make a Boba Fett film.

Archived