The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I mean … that is literally the premise. He’s trying out being a benevolent ruler of Mos Espa.

Yet, he's a crime boss. There's no such thing as a benevolent crime boss.

Someone told me this show is like playing a choice base game like Mass Effect, and only choosing the paragon decisions.

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Here’s every single line adult Boba spoke before this series:

His whole personality was that he was a bounty hunter. That’s it. So he was bad in as much as that’s a bad profession.

To be fair he talked quite a bit in the few episodes of the Clone Wars he was in and he was also pretty hardcore, despite being a kid and hell bent on revenge.

42 minutes ago, sifth said:

To be fair he talked quite a bit in the few episodes of the Clone Wars he was in and he was also pretty hardcore, despite being a kid and hell bent on revenge.

He's also quite the evil dick if you watch his actual first adult appearance.

Feel bad for the poor souls carrying the Hutt twins...if you feel bad for anyone...Jabba's palace is in the middle of no where and they went all that way while watching the rancor getting hovered...

And is it better to refer to his new biker gang as, "Vespas of Borg" or "Borg of Vespa"...?

On 1/12/2022 at 7:57 AM, sologdin said:

this lump of mahogany is really the best they could do?

but lumps of mahogany are emotionally complex creatures?

That's some quality lumber that doesn't need to explain itself.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, sologdin said:

am curious where the good star wars writing is?

The Clone Wars cartoon.

Remember, Star Wars is for kids.

This was the worst episode of star wars ever. From these biker kids looking out of place to the slow-paced chase sequence on their 1960s earth vespas

yes I know these vespas are a homage to something I forgot, but at least make it fit the theme of tatooine.

When they said they were cyborgs I expected them to look like terminator...not with some cheap scope attached to the eye.

Rename Mos Espa to Mos Vespa.

also, why is boba turning so weak now? He just set the guy who tried to kill him, one of the most dangerous bounty hunters in the galaxy, free. What if he comes back to kill him ? Why didnt he try to kill him with his gun? How was boba not able to sustain even a scratch after being smashed like a rag doll by a huge wookie?

his palace has poor security which explains how the wookie got in. 

Boba's people consists of:

1. the assassin

2. 2 gamorean guards

3. 2 droids (cook and torture droid)

4. 4-6 teenagers on bikes that move as fast as 20 km/h

and he expects to rule tatooine with this army. 

10 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

That's some quality lumber that doesn't need to explain itself.

The Clone Wars cartoon.

Remember, Star Wars is for kids.

The clone wars cartoon was and remains fairly bad writing. It may also be the best of the lot, and both statements can be true, but in general it is pretty lowbrow and Saturday morning cartoon. 

What it is good at is not challenging any status quo and occasionally doing cool things. 

9 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

If we had to sit down and be terrified all the way through Watership Down as little kids, I see no reason why Disney can't make a nice Star Wars show to terrify today's kids.

Holy shit I totally did that. Oh, a nice cartoon about bunny rabbits on CBC and... wha?... What the fuck, Mom?!?

I think too much is excused with the "It's made for kids" stuff.

Don't confuse intent with result. George may have thought this was going to appeal to 10-12 year old boys, but the appeal was clearly broader than that. Just look at the old footage of people lining up for ANH and Empire. These people are clearly in the 18-49 demographic. 

What does "made for kids" mean in the context of a Hollywood director in the 1970's? It means casting Carrie Fischer instead of Raquel Welsh as Leia. It means no profanity, no nudity, no sex or drug references and you can have a shit load of violence so long as it isn't too bloody or intimate. It means the smoldering corpses of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beroo can be on screen for 1.5 seconds but not 2.0. It means Obi Wan Kenobi can cut off a guys arm in a bar fight as long as you use quick cuts and don't focus on that characters bloody stump (you can show the arm though). 

Not to mention an omni-genocide, giving your film the highest body count in history, so long as its done at a distance. And for heaven's sake make sure the film has a clear moral message. None of that ambiguity stuff.

Original Star Wars wasn't for kids. It was a family film, but in those days that wasn't code for 'kids film'. It meant there was supposed to be something for everyone, in the way that a lot of modern Marvel films do. It's just that in between then and now there was a big span of time when nobody really made that kind of film, everything was segmented and targeted and the closest you got was a kids' comedy with a couple of risque references that only the adults would get.

But anyway, while acknowledging that SW isn't necessarily for kids, I don't think any of us want to be this guy.

Archived