The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'm not totally sure what you mean here because they did both die horribly. But you don't watch something like Star Wars and wonder if the good guys or the bad guys are going to win in the end. 

I mean that during Clone Wars we know that they are both going to survive and be fine no matter what happens. There is no chance that they die, for example, or are defeated and imprisoned permanently. (Same is true for Anakin and Obi-Wan). That means that through the duration of Clone Wars whenever they do their fakeout of 'what will happen to them' it tends to largely be blunted by this unavoidable fact.

But that can't be said for the resurrected Maul, or Ahsoka (at least pre-Rebels), or Ventress. IMO, this was one of the strengths of Rebels compared to Clone Wars - because we were dealing with largely unknown people whose fate wasn't really stated, it could do a lot more interesting things - and when they got too close to canonical characters is when it tended to kind of suck. 

6 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

I mean, yes? That was also a big deal with Rian Johnson, IIRC. 

And Rodriguez very specifically said that they used action figures in the fight with Boba Fett on Mandalorian:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/robert-rodriguez-boba-fett-home-movie-action-figures-1234606827/

So it all comes full circle:

This is bloody awful. Nice to see SW is adapting the MCU "we don't give a shit about power levels or logic" approach to action scenes.

Why isn't Boba's skull (and most of his brains) sprayed all over the wall? How is he able to walk after this? Solo depicted a Wookie braining a guy and Chewbacca literally ripped a guys arms off. 

Oh, Black Krrsantan: Worst. Bounty. Hunter. Ever. He was unconscious in a bacta tank for crying out loud. And unarmored!

This is almost as bad as the current depiction of Storm Troopers. When Storm Troopers are on screen that is absolutely the time to not be concerned for the protagonists safety. Easily the least elite fighting force in the galaxy. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 PM, Werthead said:

The vespa bikes did remind me of the very 1950s diner and hovercars in Attack of the Clones, and the retro-Buck Rogers designs in The Phantom Menace.

Yes. And 60s-era Mods mixed with Japanese bōsōzoku gangs and a dash of cyberpunk -- would have fit perfectly in CP2077, even.

I haven't watched the show at all, but some random thing popped up about people whining about how non-Star Wars it all was, and saw some images, and what I immediately thought of was Quadrophenia. The hover bikes directly reference Ace Face's (Sting) tricked-out Vespa.

I also saw people complaining about how poor kids are dressed so cleanly and precisely, not looking dirty and all, but... like, that's Mods for you, lower class kids spending every pound they could scrape together on looking as flash as possible. (The only thing that stood out from clips and screenshots is that the bikes are always pristine -- sand doesn't stick to them? Would be a fun joke to basically have every scene where they aren't riding them showing them obsessively using vibro-dusters or whatever to clean them after every errant gust of wind dirties them up...)

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yes. And 60s-era Mods mixed with Japanese bōsōzoku gangs and a dash of cyberpunk -- would have fit perfectly in CP2077, even.

I haven't watched the show at all, but some random thing popped up about people whining about how non-Star Wars it all was, and saw some images, and what I immediately thought of was Quadrophenia. The hover bikes directly reference Ace Face's (Sting) tricked-out Vespa.

I also saw people complaining about how poor kids are dressed so cleanly and precisely, not looking dirty and all, but... like, that's Mods for you, lower class kids spending every pound they could scrape together on looking as flash as possible. (The only thing that stood out from clips and screenshots is that the bikes are always pristine -- sand doesn't stick to them? Would be a fun joke to basically have every scene where they aren't riding them showing them obsessively using vibro-dusters or whatever to clean them after every errant dusts them up...)

Not to mention some likely nods to Lucas's American Graffiti.

Worst. Bounty. Hunter. Ever.

yeah, seems as though it'd've been an easy assassination. we can be charitable by assuming the job was capture alive, or that the job was assassinate, but the killer is sadistic and prefers to torture first. it needn't necessarily be inartful drafting.

10 minutes ago, Werthead said:

American graffiti takes place in Northern California in the 60's. Quadraphenia in London. Tattoine is supposed to be poor, frontier, backwater desert planet. It makes as much sense as having a vespa gang in a North West Territories mining town. 

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Could see that.

Also, swoop gangs and such have been around in the Star Wars lore for ages. Google tells me Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin floated the idea in Star Wars #8, six months after the release of ANH. I remember reading about them in West End Games's RPG sourcebooks, too, and could swear there was at least one image of a swoop gangster with cybernetic implants.  

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

American graffiti takes place in Northern California in the 60's. Quadraphenia in London. Tattoine is supposed to be poor, frontier, backwater desert planet. It makes as much sense as having a vespa gang in a North West Territories mining town. 

Doesn't the episode take place in Mos Espa, aa city with an active space port where races took place with audiences of tens of thousands?  I'd associate it more with, say, San Francisco in the mid-to-late 1800s than a mining town in the Northwest Territories.

There were Mods in poor industrial towns in the UK, and provincial towns and cities in the likes of Australia and New Zealand. There were dandies trying to emulate London high fashion in the American colonies, and were mocked for it ("Yankee Doodle").  The Sapeurs are still dressing to a T in the middle of impoverished, dirt-road ghettos in the Congo. If these Neo-Mods are a fashion in Coruscant or some other substantial place, why wouldn't you get mimics in even a backwater like Tatooine?

Biggs Darklighter was dressed pretty sharply when he was hanging out with Luke, too.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Could see that.

Also, swoop gangs and such have been around in the Star Wars lore for ages. Google tells me Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin floated the idea in Star Wars #8, six months after the release of ANH. I remember reading about them in West End Games's RPG sourcebooks, too, and could swear there was at least one image of a swoop gangster with cybernetic implants.  

Doesn't the episode take place in Mos Espa, aa city with an active space port where races took place with audiences of tens of thousands?  I'd associate it more with, say, San Francisco in the mid-to-late 1800s than a mining town in the Northwest Territories.

There were Mods in poor industrial towns in the UK, and provincial towns and cities in the likes of Australia and New Zealand. There were dandies trying to emulate London high fashion in the American colonies, and were mocked for it ("Yankee Doodle").  The Sapeurs are still dressing to a T in the middle of impoverished, dirt-road ghettos in the Congo. If these Neo-Mods are a fashion in Coruscant or some other substantial place, why wouldn't you get mimics in even a backwater like Tatooine?

Biggs Darklighter was dressed pretty sharply when he was hanging out with Luke, too.

I understand. It's out of place. Those English mods would have gotten their asses handed to them in the San Francisco "American Graffiti" era or any era.

This would have been a more logical aesthetic, only more grimy.

https://external-preview.redd.it/GDkIuaJdHie4_fNwcQLe0V1Rxxeq63aKhongHbXJq74.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=3957ba9f2ffe117721d19e538a4ee73f829d0243

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/47/Speeder_Bike_DICE.png/revision/latest?cb=20171102044625

Wasn't Biggs wearing a uniform? Like he was "off to the academy" or something? Also, deleted scene so, neither legends nor cannon.

Guys,

The only question we need to concern ourselves with is how long till Boba Fett gets to ride the rancor. In a crappy season that manages to outdo itself shit-wise with each new episode, this would take the cake.

Yet based on what we've seen thus far, I'm afraid that it might not even be the worse The Book of Boba Fett has to offer. . . :unsure:

34 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Guys,

The only question we need to concern ourselves with is how long till Boba Fett gets to ride the rancor. In a crappy season that manages to outdo itself shit-wise with each new episode, this would take the cake.

Yet based on what we've seen thus far, I'm afraid that it might not even be the worse The Book of Boba Fett has to offer. . . :unsure:

Final episode most likely. 

The Huts will use the rancor as part of some nefarious plot to kill Boba.  Only something will go wrong and the rancor will be killed. With its dying breath it will say, "Boba...*kaf*kaf*... remember... who you aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr..."

Boba will then put his mask on and rise up proclaiming, "IT'S CALLED 'SLAVE ONE', BITCHES!" pew. pew. pew. pew. Grenade. pew. pew. Rocket Launcher. pew. pew.

Roll credits. 

That's my dream. 

24 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The Huts will use the rancor as part of some nefarious plot to kill Boba.  Only something will go wrong and the rancor will be killed. With its dying breath it will say, "Boba...*kaf*kaf*... remember... who you aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr..."

Boba will then put his mask on and rise up proclaiming, "IT'S CALLED 'SLAVE ONE', BITCHES!" pew. pew. pew. pew. Grenade. pew. pew. Rocket Launcher. pew. pew.

Roll credits. 

That's my dream. 

Speaking of, 3 episodes in and his ship is MIA.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I understand. It's out of place. Those English mods would have gotten their asses handed to them in the San Francisco "American Graffiti" era or any era.

I do not think you know much about mods.

14 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Wasn't Biggs wearing a uniform? Like he was "off to the academy" or something? Also, deleted scene so, neither legends nor cannon.

They referenced that scene with the exact same characters in the same location in Book's second episode, so I think it's safe to say it is canon.

Archived