The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

9 minutes ago, mormont said:

As middle aged white nerds, I think our opinions of what a gang of cool teenagers in a modern media property should look like is clearly definitive. :p

Considering that this nonsense was concocted by other “middle aged white nerds” I think it’s ok that we weigh in on it.  Or does the fact that it was directed by a middle aged Latino nerd disqualify us?

4 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Considering that this nonsense was concocted by other “middle aged white nerds” I think it’s ok that we weigh in on it.  Or does the fact that it was directed by a middle aged Latino nerd disqualify us?

No, in fact the fact that Robert Rodriguez and Jon Favreau are also middle-aged male (and in the case of Favreau white) nerds just highlights the point, it's a discourse of the deaf. ;)

A satisfying episode. I got my wish, more Fennec, more Garsa. With all the pissing into the wind these last two pages about whether the mods look out of place in Tatooine...

Spoiler

Did anyone pick up on Fennec also being a mod before this episode?  

That was a much better episode, though "flying Slave One into the Sarlaac's face" was an odd manoeuvre. Good to see them finally kill the thing.

"AND HAD HIM DISINTEGRATED" droid being demoted to a sous-chef was also a weird move. Jabba's Palace's droid hierarchy is deeply twisted.

So Boba's motivation isn't really to protect the Tuskens it's more in line with every other ambitious criminal who wants to rule instead of serve. But his approach is different possibly influenced by Tuskens, but mainly by his Mandalorian roots.

I wonder if he's going to enlist some Mandalorian help. The music at the end implied as much.

I like the little things in this show, but the overall story tends to meander a lot. The scene of him taking out the biker gang with Slave I was great.

38 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So Boba's motivation isn't really to protect the Tuskens it's more in line with every other ambitious criminal who wants to rule instead of serve. But his approach is different possibly influenced by Tuskens, but mainly by his Mandalorian roots.

I wonder if he's going to enlist some Mandalorian help. The music at the end implied as much.

I like the little things in this show, but the overall story tends to meander a lot. The scene of him taking out the biker gang with Slave I was great.

Agreed on all points.  Much stronger episode.  The Mandalorian music is a clear hint for what's to come.  I'm curious if he will get Mando himself, or if it might just be the clan.

And I agree, the look of grim satisfaction on his face as he gunned down the biker gang was much more in line with the Boba Fett I think most of us were pining for.

It does take out the possibility of an off the wall theory I had though.  I thought the JL logo they were spray painting everywhere might stand for Jabba Lives and we were going to see an improbable resurrection.  Doesn't seem likely now.

5 hours ago, ithanos said:

A satisfying episode. I got my wish, more Fennec, more Garsa. With all the pissing into the wind these last two pages about whether the mods look out of place in Tatooine...

Hide contents

Did anyone pick up on Fennec also being a mod before this episode?  

Spoiler

Isn't that established in The Mandalorian to explain how she survived after her initial appearance...?

Real confused about the timeline.

So Boba gets out of the Sarlaac pretty soon after the barge explosion. Then he's captured by Tuskens. Then some time passes, and he gets the tuskens killed, and THEN he finds Fennec and saves her - which is like 5 years after RotJ, right?

So was he with the Tuskens for like 5 years? 

22 minutes ago, sifth said:

So why does Boba Fett think his armors in the Sarlaac Pit, when he crawls out of the pit, with it on? Did he just lose all memory of how he escaped or something?

That was my assumption.

35 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Real confused about the timeline.

So Boba gets out of the Sarlaac pretty soon after the barge explosion. Then he's captured by Tuskens. Then some time passes, and he gets the tuskens killed, and THEN he finds Fennec and saves her - which is like 5 years after RotJ, right?

So was he with the Tuskens for like 5 years? 

The average travel speed of a Bantha is about 0.3 miles/hr. So I can believe 5 years passed. :P

Also, Boba Fett not knowing basic  things like 'how to use his ship' and 'how to hire muscle' is pretty hilarious. He's remarkably incompetent and appears to have gotten by via luck and inheritance of his armor.

Which in retrospect is pretty accurate for how the world works, so kudos for this show showing how this feared bounty hunter is pretty lame

I think it's funny that the scene with recovering his ship explains why it was so easy for him to eliminate Bib later, but that he didn't just do it then and there once he got his ship. Comparing it with a game, again, it's like a quest where in order to do the boss fight you need to unlock a MacGuffin, in this case the armor, and only then you can fight the boss. But by then you've done so many side quests your level is so high that the boss fight is a breeze. 

Also, why didn't Boba Fett just kill the Sarlaac, before looking inside of it's stomach. It seems rather stupid to look inside a giant monsters mouth, while it's still alive. I mean at least do something to put it to sleep first.

37 minutes ago, sifth said:

Also, why didn't Boba Fett just kill the Sarlaac, before looking inside of it's stomach. It seems rather stupid to look inside a giant monsters mouth, while it's still alive. I mean at least do something to put it to sleep first.

Probably didn’t think it would attack a starship.  Or maybe he thought it was asleep or something.  Who knows.  I kind of liked the line where he thanked her and then told her not to touch the buttons on his ship anymore.

1 hour ago, Kalibuster said:

Also, Boba Fett not knowing basic  things like 'how to use his ship' and 'how to hire muscle' is pretty hilarious. He's remarkably incompetent and appears to have gotten by via luck and inheritance of his armor.

Which in retrospect is pretty accurate for how the world works, so kudos for this show showing how this feared bounty hunter is pretty lame

I suddenly want to revisit my theory that it isn't really Boba Fett...but a wayward, left over clone trooper who is impersonating Fett...That'd be a twist!

Archived