The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

12 minutes ago, sologdin said:

.That'd be a twist!

the apparent age difference problem is explained by it actually being jango revived from a minor flesh wound.

Exactly!  (Though Jango would likely have a better hold on things...but if it were, saaaay...Cody or another clone like that...they'd have issues...)

15 minutes ago, sologdin said:

was he being digested for five years?

His armour might be able to protect him from digestive juices, but I don't think it can cook him dinner, feed and shave him, so probably not.

Agree with everyone else that this was a much better episode. The scene with Slave One approaching the bikers was great, and I liked the droids.

On the downside, he spent his first few minutes in the ship flying it into walls like someone had inverted the controls on him, and he  nearly ruined everything by trying to feed himself to the sarlacc. And could he please stop abusing/murdering droids that are just trying to do their jobs?

6 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:
  Hide contents

Isn't that established in The Mandalorian to explain how she survived after her initial appearance...?

Maybe, I might've missed that detail, but I can't recall it being specifically a mod. In any case I can see why we needed the introduction of the mods in the previous episode.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Also, why didn't Boba Fett just kill the Sarlaac, before looking inside of it's stomach. It seems rather stupid to look inside a giant monsters mouth, while it's still alive. I mean at least do something to put it to sleep first.

I equate a marinade in the Sarlacc pit to a night out shitfaced drunk. Do you remember how you got home, out of your clothes and into bed after? Me neither. Boba probably asked the Tuskans numerous times about his armour and was told 'dude, we found in your onesies that you've been wearing all these years!'. I'm sure the tribe were more than happy for Boba to finally pass his Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White phase so they could clothe him it clean black under-armor.

introduction of the mods in the previous episode

chekhov's guns, most of these details.

don't think it can cook him dinner,

right but--

In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years.

--the sarlacc has lotsa preservatives in it.

Jango would likely have a better hold on things

maybe he's sandbagging to throw everyone off the scent. but if it's an imposter, where's boba proper?

I saw another review in which they said that Boba Fett's motivation is being "Patron Saint of Redshirts," seeking vengeance for all the dumb side-characters who die because their bosses are arseholes (i.e. redeeming himself for how he went out in such a lame fashion in RotJ).

It's certainly a motivation.

PS Has anyone ever considered that the "thousand years of pain and suffering" line from Jabba might have been total bullshit he made up on the spot to sound hard? I mean, did Jabba sit around reading The Biology of the Saarlac for fun?

'thousand' may be a magic number for US science fiction, just like 40 is in the bible.  delany had a thousand suns, RSB had a thousand halls, thousand temples, thousandfold thought. van vogt had a guy with a thousand names. jemison has a hundred thousand kingdoms. it is simply the modern piraha number system (1, 2, and many), but escalated because we're an order of magnitude higher on the kardashev scale.

1 hour ago, ithanos said:

I equate a marinade in the Sarlacc pit to a night out shitfaced drunk. Do you remember how you got home, out of your clothes and into bed after? Me neither. 

Okay, but I don't assume after I've vomited on the cat and wandered to a home (not necessarily mine) that when I wake up the next day naked and in bondage that my clothing dissolved off of me

The other point is that there's a slope leading down to the Saarlac. Boba crawled free and may have assumed he ditched the armour whilst it was covered in acid and it rolled back down into the beast.

29 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Okay, but I don't assume after I've vomited on the cat and wandered to a home (not necessarily mine) that when I wake up the next day naked and in bondage that my clothing dissolved off of me

Huh, I've had a cat throw up on me but I can't say I ever managed to throw up on a cat!

I agree this episode was an improvement. Have we gone from "lightsabers instantly cauterize wounds" to "aliens don't have blood?"

7 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

So Boba gets out of the Sarlaac pretty soon after the barge explosion. Then he's captured by Tuskens. Then some time passes, and he gets the tuskens killed, and THEN he finds Fennec and saves her - which is like 5 years after RotJ, right?

So was he with the Tuskens for like 5 years? 

Pretty much.  Either that or after the Tuskens are killed he wondered around for a loooong time.  But I really don't feel like having an argument about a five year gap here.

4 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

I kind of liked the line where he thanked her and then told her not to touch the buttons on his ship anymore.

"Next time, don't touch my buttons" is easily my favorite line of the series thus far.

Yeah...so the time thing.  I guess he spent ~5 years with the Tuskens.  They didn't really portray that very well.  And then after 5 years, he decides to go find his armor and Slave I*?

*I think any references to "Slave I" are now verboten by Disney.  Notice he calls it "my Firespray class ship".  Also...in our latest Lego catalog, it's called "Boba Fett's Spaceship".

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Are we done with flashbacks now...? If Boba doesn't need the bacta tank anymore...?

That was the impression I got - and I certainly hope so. 

And yeah, the bacta tank apparently was only for skin/cosmetic purposes, as noted by the "scars on the inside" banter.  Which makes one wonder why Boba asked to be rushed to the tank after being attacked in the first episode.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

That was the impression I got - and I certainly hope so. 

And yeah, the bacta tank apparently was only for skin/cosmetic purposes, as noted by the "scars on the inside" banter.  Which makes one wonder why Boba asked to be rushed to the tank after being attacked in the first episode.

I thought scars on the inside meant on the soul/mind. It appears that he got hurt maybe even worse than anything else when he went looking for his armor inside the dead sarlacc, this time exposed to the creature's acids.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

It appears that he got hurt maybe even worse than anything else when he went looking for his armor inside the dead sarlacc, this time exposed to the creature's acids.

Yeah, that seemed to be what they were going for with him "burning up" and pouring water on himself.  It still seems pretty stupid to me that the bacta tank was necessary not from escaping the sarlacc (and then being left for dead in a desert for gods know how long), but rather because he willingly went back into the dead sarlacc five years later to look for his armor.

There were comments earlier about Boba not knowing how to use his ship. Really? Maybe he was just rusty 5 years later. He had to take it out of an awkward hangar while under fire.

I would like to see any of you upside-down parallel park above a large desert anus. Not even Maverick could do it.

Archived