The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

Just now, sifth said:

Your right, the ability to learn. Learning takes something called training, which is something Rey never had in The Force Awakens. Hence why it was poorly written, when she instantly knew how to fight with a weapon she never used before. You didn't see Luke defeating Vader is A New Hope. Hey, if you're happy with Rey tap dancing her way to victory, without any training, that's cool, but it's something that always bothered me.

I think the final explanation was that the ungrateful kid had that super Palpatine blood, which is way better than that so so Skywalker blood.

18 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

And honestly, except for maybe Han, does the Republic really care that much about which crime lord is running Tattooine?

I'd agree with this except we just saw the Republic was on Din's ass, like, 20 seconds after he left Tatooine.  They seem to be pretty big-brotherly.

25 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

There was a rumor, brief though it was, that Luke would appear again...which isn't believable.  And honestly, except for maybe Han, does the Republic really care that much about which crime lord is running Tattooine?  I honestly doubt they care all that much at this stage.

The Republic probably can't do much about it.

During the Republic's fall into decadence, the Hutts basically became autonomous and rule over the Outer Rim almost as their own personal fief and empire, providing governance and security so the Republic does not have to. When the Empire took over, there seems to have been an understanding that the Hutts would pay whatever taxes to the Empire and the Empire would ignore whatever was going on as long as it did not impugn on Imperial interests, because the Empire using military force to crush the Hutts was perfectly doable but unnecessary as long as they played nice.

The New Republic, being far weaker than the Old Republic or the Empire, can't even wave as convincing a stick at the Hutts (and it's unclear if Hutt space is even part of the New Republic), so they probably continue the Empire-style fiction that the Hutts will keep the Outer Rim in line and not cause too much trouble for the New Republic.

There's rumors that a young Han will show up towards the end of this series, similar to how Luke did at the end of Mando season 2. I'll believe that one, when I see it though, since Ford sort of hates playing the character.

59 minutes ago, mormont said:

The Republic probably don't want any crime lord running Tattoine, but that's clearly a problem for later.

But let's not forget that despite his recent change of approach, Boba Fett teamed up with Vader to carry out a contract on Han for Jabba, kidnapping him, freezing him and temporarily blinding him in the process, and Han would've spent the rest of his life as an ornament in what is now Boba Fett's throne room if not for Leia and the rest risking their lives to rescue him. They think the matter was settled when Fett died in a sarlacc pit. If they hear he's alive, at the very least they will want words with him.

Maybe.  Who's running to tell them?  I'm with Wert on the breakdown of the situation in the outer rim and the strengths of the New Republic.  Who was present at Jabba's and also still alive to want to take word to Han Solo?  Max Reebus?

Regardless of what happened to Din as well.

Yep, best episode so far. Princess Carolyn is always great, we got to see Appa again, and almost everyone was nice to the droids.

Of course, our shiny numpty came close to ruining everything by almost chopping his own leg off, but this galaxy also has magic spray to make injuries all better, so no permanent damage done.

The big question for the next episode is, how will Bobo react to having his own show stolen away from him?

I’m guessing this series will conclude with Mando helping Fett, and isn’t gonna take another excursion to show Mando checking on Grogu, and Mando said he’s gonna check on him before he helps. Which means we won’t see that meeting, and Season 3 will start with ‘I saw him, he’s fine’. Which is a shame.

That episode was good for a about 10 minutes.

Apparently Tattoine is the most significant planet in the galaxy now. You can catch the bus there. 

I was getting ready to laugh my ass off at the Mandalorian helmet with ear holes. I guess he's getting some Beskar chainmail booties or something. 

That ship-mechanic montage was excruciating. Anyone notice that "shaft" was identical to the one in the trash compactor scene in ANH? 

Beggars canyon. Pod racing. "Wizard". So much fan service it hurts my tummy.

Yeah, what is the New Republic doing playing traffic cop out there? Cameo, that's what. Whatever. 

Edit: Isn't it convenient that Mando's new hot rod has a Grogu shaped batchelor apartment behind the cockpit instead of a droid socket? I'm on to you Star Wars...

3 hours ago, sifth said:

What I liked about this episode, is it covers one of my biggest issues with The Force Awakens and it's the simple fact that Mando isn't instantly a pro at using his light/dark saber the way Rey was. He actually had to struggle and even hurt himself, having never used a weapon like it before.

It's also established that the dark sabre is a particularly difficult weapon to use.

Skipped passed the new episode discourse to avoid any bias.

Bottom line - Appreciate the reminder of what a better series the Mandalorian was/is:

Loved- the Dark Saber

Didn't love: touch over fan service for me. I mean, I'm a fan and I do like to be serviced but there comes a point

Loved- Mando - Pedro Pascal and the Wayne kid make a badass duo.

Hated- turning the New Republic fighters into ... Street cops? Wtf happened there? Remove that setting and the conversation would be on a highway. Like, stupid on the nose.

Loved- Amy Sedaris back again

Hated- that fucking fighter. I thought those ships were stupid the second I saw them as a young babe as the prequels raked their wooden, emotionally dead, and non-sensical claws over my pure, nubile psyche. Them glom over it all fell flat. Also I hate the 'firey'/muscle-car/antique engine too. Weird steampunk the didn't jive with the stupid Naboo fighter. Naboo sounds stupid to say, out loud, too.

Loved- Grogu armor :crying:

Hated- Grogu armor

Loved- melting down the spear. It is the Way.

Hated- exiling Din? Sanctioned duel between 2 of the last 3 in the cover? It turned out to not be to the death (my b on that assumption) but still

Ok, now I'm rambling because I'm stoned and I can't get rid of this quote box below on my phone. Bah. So it goes.

Eta-- had to add I was excited to *see* Mandalore lore on screen but it kinda fell flat for me. Not that I needed an explicit explanation, it just seemed unimpressive to destroy Mandalore with a bunch of TIE bombers. I used to bullseye TIE bombers on my 386 back home, they're not much bigger than two pixels.

7 hours ago, DMC said:

Maybe Tatooine is actually Mars!

Arrakis!

5 hours ago, mormont said:

Yeah, guys, there is a thing that's called 'paint'. You can see the paint chipping on Fett's armour. Djarin opts for the mirror finish, but other decorating options are available. ;)

This was screaming in my head while I was catching up in the thread.

5 hours ago, sifth said:

You're right, the ability to learn. Learning takes something called training, which is something Rey never had in The Force Awakens. Hence why it was poorly written, when she instantly knew how to fight with a weapon she never used before. You didn't see Luke defeating Vader in A New Hope. Hey, if you're happy with Rey tap dancing her way to victory, without any training, that's cool, but it's something that always bothered me.

God, I remember the bloodbath over Anakin as a Mary Sue. Those SJW got violent.

5 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yea, and assuming they're going to go with the Clone Wars version, how did Cad Bane's blaster cause the dent in Boba's helmet, if the helmet was beskar?  Isn't that supposed to be laser proof?

Oh fuck, I do not want live-actuon Cad Bane. Has that happened? I don't think so. Way to 'wild west' meets 'alien' has a weird not quite blended but smashed together with the original two still literal, just, together. Like as if a person in the American wild west was actually an alien with tubes on his face but talked like he was from there.

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Maybe.  Who's running to tell them?  I'm with Wert on the breakdown of the situation in the outer rim and the strengths of the New Republic.  Who was present at Jabba's and also still alive to want to take word to Han Solo?  Max Reebus?

Regardless of what happened to Din as well.

Max Rebo you bitch.

4 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

I'm pretty sure that it's gonna end badly given how badly it started

Stop be a bitch. Let *some* fun happen. Let us enjoy the suck just a teensy bit. What am I supposed to watch? ROHNY? How I Met Your Father? Granted I still feel a bit dirty afterwards but I don't feel quite as ashamed.

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Edit: Isn't it convenient that Mando's new hot rod has a Grogu shaped batchelor apartment behind the cockpit instead of a droid socket? I'm on to you Star Wars...

Noooooopo!!!! /Vader

1 minute ago, sifth said:

I recall Anakin actually losing fights though. And actually being trained.

Yippee! Is this how I destroy the central mothership? What does this button do, C-3PO (that I built from scratch)? It's working! It's working! (That hotel commerical with the guy squirting shampoo and conditioner onto his head ... No, wait, well, that and when Ani was testing the pod racer that he built).

10 minutes ago, Week said:

Yippee! Is this how I destroy the central mothership? What does this button do, C-3PO (that I built from scratch)? It's working! It's working! (That hotel commerical with the guy squirting shampoo and conditioner onto his head ... No, wait, well, that and when Ani was testing the pod racer that he built).

So you’re just going to ignore the fact that he got his ass handed to him in episodes 2 and 3? 

I, for one, loved the fan service. Pedro Pascal, Amy Sedalia, and Ming Na Wen can have every episode of both shows for all I care. And Grogu’s present is wrapped shaped like his head, adorable. I think this episode tells us Season 3 of Mando will start with him going to see Grogu (which will probably go awry in some way that takes all season), and we won’t see Mando show up for Boba Fett until Season 2 (there’s only a couple episodes left, I think this episode is just to hype the upcoming seasons of both shows about the crossovers).

Loved this episode of the Mandalorian, they just named it wrong right?

I like that they showed us a butcher shop, dunno why. During the night of a thousand tears montage, am I the only one who got a Terminator vibe with the droids walking around the rubble? And the baggage check, really?

I think the ship building thing went on way to long, should have gone to see Boba Fett, at least for the final scene. Also, that ship doesn't seem to have much cargo space, which I assume is needed for a bounty hunter since some bounties need to be alive. It's like a mid life crisis ship.

30 minutes ago, sifth said:

So you’re just going to ignore the fact that he got his ass handed to him in episodes 2 and 3? 

What, are you stupid? Obi-Wan had the upper ground.

29 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

And Grogu’s present is wrapped shaped like his head, adorable. 

Very adorable. 

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Also, that ship doesn't seem to have much cargo space, which I assume is needed for a bounty hunter since some bounties need to be alive. It's like a mid life crisis ship.

*Screams on the inside again. Curses of hatred at the Nabooian hot-rod pulled over by Super Troopers.*

Archived