The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

22 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

What I do think is interesting is that they made a point to say that Bo-Katan was a member of an old Mandalorian house and she used blood as a way to justify possessing the Darksaber and ruling Mandalore. And here is Din, "uncrowned king" of Mandalore who's a nobody and likely not even of Mandalorian descent. I am curious if this will come up in his show.

I thought it was interesting the guy who challenged him was from House Viszla.  They clearly seem to be recreating the conflict between the Death Watch with Bo-Katan now basically representing her sister's side (just not pacifist).  And in that respect, it was good to push Din more towards Bo-Katan's side in this episode.  As I said at the end of Season 2, I really hope there isn't some protracted conflict between Bo-Katan and Din over the darksaber.

20 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm probably just overthinking a throw away line of dialogue by Stephen Root's character about how Tatooine used to be covered in water, but I did wonder if that was foreshadowing something. Maybe water returning to Tatooine somehow.

Maybe Tatooine is actually Mars!

21 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Why is Din’s armor metallic looking while all the other Mandolorian’s armor looks plastic?  It thought it was because Din’s armor is beskar.  

Then Boba Fett called his armor Beskar.

?

Because it looks cool!!! And because Din hasn't met Sabine Wren yet. ;)

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

Maybe Tatooine is actually Mars!

So it eventually got thrown out of its system and galaxy and travelled as a rogue planet until our sun captured it as the system was forming. Maybe Mars is like Phoebe. Star Wars - Expanse crossover confirmed! 

What I liked about this episode, is it covers one of my biggest issues with The Force Awakens and it's the simple fact that Mando isn't instantly a pro at using his light/dark saber the way Rey was. He actually had to struggle and even hurt himself, having never used a weapon like it before.

26 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Why is Din’s armor metallic looking while all the other Mandolorian’s armor looks plastic?  It thought it was because Din’s armor is beskar.  

Then Boba Fett called his armor Beskar.

?

Mando had ugly looking armor in the first few episodes, but once he turned Grogu into the person who placed the bounty, they gave Mando a lot of beskar. Ever since then, he's had his awesome shinny armor, in place of his old one.

Just now, sifth said:

Mando had ugly looking armor in the first few episodes, but once he turned Grogu into the person who placed the bounty, they gave Mando a lot of beskar. Ever since then, he's had his awesome shinny armor, in place of his old one.

I know.  But why do no other Mandolorians have armor that look like Din’s?  Every other piece of Mandolorian armor looks like plastic.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I know.  But why do no other Mandolorians have armor that look like Din’s?  Every other piece of Mandolorian armor looks like plastic.

Probably most aren't as lucky as Din. That's my only guess.

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That was my thought too… until… Boba Fett called his plastic looking Armor… beskar.

Definitely got the impression Bo-Katan and her crew's armor was beskar as well in season 2.  I think a reasonable explanation is they all have beskar, but Din's was forged by a master armorer and/or is much more "pure" beskar.  He's got that fishscale shit!

58 minutes ago, sifth said:

What I liked about this episode, is it covers one of my biggest issues with The Force Awakens and it's the simple fact that Mando isn't instantly a pro at using his light/dark saber the way Rey was. He actually had to struggle and even hurt himself, having never used a weapon like it before.

But there was never the issue of a lightsaber becoming extremely heavy in someone's hands.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Oh fuck this noise. This was actually explained in the actual movie and has so many other parallels to the rest of Star Wars it isn't funny. This ability to learn to be a pro if you're one with the force was literally established in the first hour of A New Hope. 

Shockingly, super-force sensitive users are good with lightsabers! And Mando...isn't!

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That was my thought too… until… Boba Fett called his plastic looking Armor… beskar.

I think it’s mainly due to age. Din’s armour is new and unpainted, all the others we’ve seen have been both decorated and heavily used.

Yeah, guys, there is a thing that's called 'paint'. You can see the paint chipping on Fett's armour. Djarin opts for the mirror finish, but other decorating options are available. ;)

I've been thinking about where this is going to go and would love to see Fett and Djarin start their own Mandalorian sect, with Grogu and Fennec and Black Krrsantan and the mod kids and the Rancor for a mascot... but then I remember that there's no way Han, Luke and Leia would have just ignored Boba Fett turning up alive and running Jabba's old territory on Tattoine, and I think this has to end badly in some way.

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

Yeah, guys, there is a thing that's called 'paint'. You can see the paint chipping on Fett's armour. Djarin opts for the mirror finish, but other decorating options are available. ;)

I've been thinking about where this is going to go and would love to see Fett and Djarin start their own Mandalorian sect, with Grogu and Fennec and Black Krrsantan and the mod kids and the Rancor for a mascot... but then I remember that there's no way Han, Luke and Leia would have just ignored Boba Fett turning up alive and running Jabba's old territory on Tattoine, and I think this has to end badly in some way.

There was a rumor, brief though it was, that Luke would appear again...which isn't believable.  And honestly, except for maybe Han, does the Republic really care that much about which crime lord is running Tattooine?  I honestly doubt they care all that much at this stage.

The Republic probably don't want any crime lord running Tattoine, but that's clearly a problem for later.

But let's not forget that despite his recent change of approach, Boba Fett teamed up with Vader to carry out a contract on Han for Jabba, kidnapping him, freezing him and temporarily blinding him in the process, and Han would've spent the rest of his life as an ornament in what is now Boba Fett's throne room if not for Leia and the rest risking their lives to rescue him. They think the matter was settled when Fett died in a sarlacc pit. If they hear he's alive, at the very least they will want words with him.

51 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Oh fuck this noise. This was actually explained in the actual movie and has so many other parallels to the rest of Star Wars it isn't funny. This ability to learn to be a pro if you're one with the force was literally established in the first hour of A New Hope. 

Shockingly, super-force sensitive users are good with lightsabers! And Mando...isn't!

You're right, the ability to learn. Learning takes something called training, which is something Rey never had in The Force Awakens. Hence why it was poorly written, when she instantly knew how to fight with a weapon she never used before. You didn't see Luke defeating Vader in A New Hope. Hey, if you're happy with Rey tap dancing her way to victory, without any training, that's cool, but it's something that always bothered me.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yea, and assuming they're going to go with the Clone Wars version, how did Cad Bane's blaster cause the dent in Boba's helmet, if the helmet was beskar?  Isn't that supposed to be laser proof?

Archived