The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

On 1/26/2022 at 7:20 AM, sologdin said:

i guess they can spin off a show about amy sedaris dating a jawa next?

32 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Is no one going to to talk about how Amy Sedaris dated a Jawa?

"So they come by trading for scrap and he starts chatting me up, see. We get to talking and it turns out we both loooove Jane Austin novels. A few glasses of wine... One thing led to another..." 

"One word, 'tripod'."

It was way back on page 15!  You're just late to the party!  :D

4 hours ago, Myrddin said:

ETA: Does anyone else think Mando's timing to help feels off? "Let me go visit Grogu and then I'll come back and help." I mean, the entirety of tM season 3 could theoretically happen between episodes 5 and 6 of BoBF. 

Yeah it didn't make to sense to me either.  "I just gotta do one thing first...go find my Jedi-in-training quasi-child."  Was almost expecting Fennec to be like "dude, we kind of need you right now."

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Yeah it didn't make to sense to me either.  "I just gotta do one thing first...go find my Jedi-in-training quasi-child."  Was almost expecting Fennec to be like "dude, we kind of need you right now."

I saw someone elsewhere suggest that at this point in time, Luke's Jedi school is on Tatooine. Cause yeah if he's leaving the planet only to come back that's weird. 

7 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It might not be Grogu...just a feint to keep the kids interested...or not...

Certainly possible, which begs the question who else is his "little friend?"  Frog Lady?  That's the only one I can come up with.  I certainly hope he's not referring to Carl Weathers or Timothy Olyphant as his little friend.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Certainly possible, which begs the question who else is his "little friend?"  Frog Lady?  That's the only one I can come up with.  I certainly hope he's not referring to Carl Weathers or Timothy Olyphant as his little friend.

Or an entirely new character...despite everything else evidence to the contrary...though, who knows?  Everything in the galaxy that is important seems to have to go through Tattooine these days...

On 1/27/2022 at 8:39 AM, RumHam said:

I'm probably just overthinking a throw away line of dialogue by Stephen Root's character about how Tatooine used to be covered in water, but I did wonder if that was foreshadowing something. Maybe water returning to Tatooine somehow. 

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Mandalore!

9 hours ago, DMC said:

Nope, nope and nope. It's going to be the little rat-catcher droid who turned itself off in the other episode.

Is it just me or does Boba Fett spend way too much time with his helmet off on this show. It makes him feel less cool, when compared to Mando. Pedro Pascal really has turned wearing a helmet into an art form, because even when he's not doing something cool, I can always at least sense what he's feeling.

That's a deliberate choice. Fett is trying to move away from being Boba Fett the badass bounty hunter who operates by fear and intimidation. He and Fennec discuss this exact point WRT the helmet in episode 2, IIRC.

41 minutes ago, mormont said:

That's a deliberate choice. Fett is trying to move away from being Boba Fett the badass bounty hunter who operates by fear and intimidation. He and Fennec discuss this exact point WRT the helmet in episode 2, IIRC.

Yea, and he’s a much more boring character as a result, IMO

21 hours ago, sifth said:

I’m a firm believer that in good stories villains should always be on top, until the climax.

Vader was defeated in ANH, though? Besides, it is repetitive and predictable if the narrative _always_ does this, no? Personally, I really hoped that they were going to invert the trope and build Kylo into an ultimate villain, steadily increasing his menace. A lot of the most evil and dangerous people historically iRL did have somewhat pitiful beginnings, marked by failure, until their rise began. Didn't make them any less threatening and fearsome in the fullness of their power. But clearly Disney was too weaksauce to go there.

21 hours ago, Ran said:

If I recall correctly, he was recently unconscious, probably concussed, hanging upside down for an unknown period of time, and hypothermic.

He was also very clearly orders of magnitude out of Vader's league at the end of TESB, _after_ training with Yoda. Whose lessons, BTW, didn't involve lightsaber fighting. And then in RoTJ, just a few months later, part of which were spent recuperating, without any addtional instruction, Luke was suddenly superior and allegedly fully trained?! Complete Deus ex Machina. I guess that it was obvious to me because I only first saw the original trilogy as an adult, when TPM came out, so there never was any childhood nostalgia involved for me. Anyway, they certainly should have improved on this, instead of the opposite, but the OT very much started the trend.

Ahem, back to the topic at hand - I vastly prefer ships with actual cabins and amenities to whatever Din has now. I guess that  he can only take assassination bounties in the future? Since there is no way to fit an adult-sized captive into a Naboo fighter, even with the droid socket changed into another passenger space. He also can't live out of his ship as he has done before.

I wonder, how much of what the smith told about the "Night of Tears" is true. Seems a bit fishy that no Mandalorian ships were fighting the TIEs in her tale. That Terminator vibe was pretty strong, heh. It is also very odd that she claimed that they have "survived" with just the 3 of them. Unless there are other coverts elsewhere? It was sad to see the beskar spear go and the pile of rings seemed far too small for that amount of material. I guess that the smith retained a large part of it as a payment for her work? Anyway, the orbital looked very impressive and futuristic - hopefully we'll see more of that. And the episode was quite entertaining, though the ship-repair sequence could have been shorter. 

Oh, and why were there New Republic pilots harrassing people  in orbit of Tatooine? IIRC the planet didn't even belong to the Republic in TPM, and the New Republic is smaller and looser than it's predeccessor.

28 minutes ago, sifth said:

No, he was always boring. I couldn't understand his popularity among the fandom or why Lucas decided to involve Fetts in a big way in the prequels until I learned about the action figure that had been distributed with cereal in the US and appears to be at the root of his disproportional celebrity status.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

What is he without the helmet? Just a billionaire playboy philanthropist poor celibate slumlord.

5 hours ago, Maia said:

Vader was defeated in ANH, though? Besides, it is repetitive and predictable if the narrative _always_ does this, no? Personally, I really hoped that they were going to invert the trope and build Kylo into an ultimate villain, steadily increasing his menace. A lot of the most evil and dangerous people historically iRL did have somewhat pitiful beginnings, marked by failure, until their rise began. Didn't make them any less threatening and fearsome in the fullness of their power. But clearly Disney was too weaksauce to go there.

Han got a cheap shot on Vader. He was not defeat by the hero on his own terms, in fact Vader was on the verge of actually killing Luke, when it happened and in the sequel we even see Vader getting pay back on Han, for what he did.  I'm sorry, but when you frequently have your villain lose, he/she becomes less threatening and scary, with each appearance. There's a reason why no one is scared of Team Rocket, lol

I'm fine with the hero surviving the main villain, if it's by the skin of their teeth and it requires cheep trickery to pull it off. There is a difference.

24 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I bet their cheekbones were adequately emphasized.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the ongoing woke pinkification of everything. :P

Archived