Pick A Movie. Keep One Actor. The Rest Are Replaced By Muppets.

Mr. Chatywin et al.

33 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Full Metal Jacket, keep Vincent D'Onofrio.

Given that movie is essentially two movies, first the boot camp second the deployment, I'd like to add an actor for the second part. Dorian Harewood.

I'd say keep Matthew Modine and have Walter the Muppet be D'Onfrio's character...

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

...So what muppet is playing Travolta, and consequently switching faces with Cage?

Bert?

Now that we're here, how would we need to handle all the fake faces in the MI franchise if we reshot them only keeping TC?

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ok, I'll go where none of you dared to go (for good reason).

Schindler's List - keep Ben Kingsley.

Since it's Ty's thread, I'll leave it for him to explain how that idea is even remotely appropriate.

We playing "Ask a Jew" here?

And the obvious choice is to keep Fiennes. 

we are playing cover your own ass after going dark and shift blame. Which probably won't work.

Anyway, while action movies are certainly the initial trigger reaction (at least for me check Die Hard). Trying to do serious drama with muppets are the more interesting choices.

12 years a slave, keep Ejiofor

or 

Sophie's choice keep Merryl Streep makes it somewhat more awkward to try to imagine it with Muppets.

3 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

we are playing cover your own ass after going dark and shift blame. Which probably won't work.

The game works best when you go dark (and action movies are tricky because idk how the fight scenes would actually work, but I brought up ETD anyways). Ferris Bueller's Day off with muppets would be a yawn.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The game works best when you go dark (and action movies are tricky because idk how the fight scenes would actually work, but I brought up ETD anyways). Ferris Bueller's Day off with muppets would be a yawn.

Bueller would work but you'd need to have like, Cameron or the school secretary be the only human.  

I think the only fun Nick Cage one would be Wicker Man, a d they'd have to put in the deleted bees scene.

17 minutes ago, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

Bueller would work but you'd need to have like, Cameron or the school secretary be the only human.  

Nah.  The principal you keep.  Though you have Walter play Charlie Sheen's role...

Also, Django Unchained...keep Jaime Foxx...Walter plays the Leo DiCaprio role...

10 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Nah.  The principal you keep.  Though you have Walter play Charlie Sheen's role...

Also, Django Unchained...keep Jaime Foxx...Walter plays the Leo DiCaprio role...

It appears as if you've adapted the game to keep one actor and identify another main character as Walter.

34 minutes ago, Lermo T.I. Krrrammpus said:

Eh, comedies don't gain much, and I agree with Jax, keep the principle.

I think the only fun Nick Cage one would be Wicker Man, a d they'd have to put in the deleted bees scene.

Wicker Man would be another fun one, just to watch him punch a muppet in a bear costume. I think you're selling a number of his other roles short though. 

And frankly, the unedited bee scene would be better done with a muppet. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

With The Rock I'd definitely keep Connery over Cage.  And with Peggy Sue Got Married Cage's character is the only one that should be a muppet.  Ok, maybe Carrey as well.

In hindsight, Connery’s fight scenes in The Rock would make a lot more sense with him fighting muppets.

Keep Brad Pitt in Fight Club and Meet Joe Black.  Not sure which muppet would play Robert Paulson, but I’d like to see that.  I think the only thing that could make the latter more excruciating (esp the sex scene) would be subbing in Miss Piggy.

Speaking of which - Ghost, keep Swayze.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

It appears as if you've adapted the game to keep one actor and identify another main character as Walter.

Not just Walter. But Walter as the evil or deranged character...it just makes it more fun!

Gone in 60 Seconds...of course keep Nic Cage...but Walter in the Christopher Eccleston role...tell me that's not brilliant!

Archived