Pick A Movie. Keep One Actor. The Rest Are Replaced By Muppets.

Mr. Chatywin et al.

16 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Not just Walter. But Walter as the evil or deranged character...it just makes it more fun!

Fair enough, I'm just completely unfamiliar with Walter as a muppet character.  I understand he was introduced in the Jason Segel movie, but I haven't seen that or anything since.

43 minutes ago, DMC said:

Fair enough, I'm just completely unfamiliar with Walter as a muppet character.  I understand he was introduced in the Jason Segel movie, but I haven't seen that or anything since.

Also fair. Mind you, he's a rather bland humanesque muppet.  Wholesome, in a way, if you will.  Which is why I think it funny to put him in such roles...

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Mind you, he's a rather bland humanesque muppet.  Wholesome, in a way, if you will.  Which is why I think it funny to put him in such roles...

Makes sense.  I'd just think of Kermit in those roles.  "Why hello Clarice.  You've got a friend in me."

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Makes sense.  I'd just think of Kermit in those roles.  "Why hello Clarice.  You've got a friend in me."

Snuffleupagus has to be the Chewbacca in all the Star Wars iterations of the character. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pff. He can be the Jar Jar Binks people on the internet thought was actually the real Sith Lord.

I pff at your pff.  Animal was one of the originals on The Muppet Show.  Snuffleupagus is almost entirely a part of Sesame Street, and it's questionable Sesame Street characters should even be included.  Kermit is the only real crossover.  You'd know these things if you watched West Wing, philistine.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

I pff at your pff.  Animal was one of the originals on The Muppet Show.  Snuffleupagus is almost entirely a part of Sesame Street, and it's questionable Sesame Street characters should even be included.  Kermit is the only real crossover.  You'd know these things if you watched West Wing, philistine.

Bigot 

22 hours ago, mcbigski said:

After a brief web search, I clearly need to rewatch the OG muppet movie.  That cast list looks amazing.  My memories are that Fozzy, my favorite muppet at the time got a Studebaker from his uncle and sang the "Hope that something better comes along song" but looking at the actual cast besides the regular muppet people wow.

No disrespect to the ones not listed but Milton Berle, Mel Brooks, Dom Delouise, Ellitiot Gould, Bob Hope, Madeliene Kahn, Steve Martin, Telly Savalas, Orson Welles, Richard Pryor.  Wow.  And who had Mel Brooks in that survivor pool?  Not a lock, but a good price from the 70s aka my youth.

I absolutely believe The Muppet Movie is an all time classic! It's in my personal top 10 favorite movies of all time. 

I've also always said this about the movie: The Muppet Movie is not a Mel Brooks movie but I think someone forgot to tell the movie that.

I mean except for this being a more family friendly film, it could easily be placed with all the Mel Brooks films.

Dom Deluise, Cloris Leachman, Madeline Kahn...all actors who are staples in Brooks' movies all have cameos. Richard Pryor has a cameo too, while he wasn't in any of Brooks' movies he did co-write Blazing Saddles with Brooks and he was the first choice to play the sheriff but the studio wouldn't allow it.

Then the man himself, Mel Brooks is in the movie. Not only that but he has a gag that's a callback to Blazing Saddles (the "PROF" on the back of his lab coat).

The humor of the movie, the running gags, the 4th wall breaks...all reminiscent of Brooks films.

So my pick:

Goodfellas. Keep Joe Pesci.

Walter as Henry 

Oscar the Grouch as Jimmy

Miss Piggy as Karen

Kermit as Paulie

Fozzie as Tootie

Johnny Fiama as Billy Batts

Beaker as Spider 

Janice as Janice

Sam Eagle as Morrie

Bobo the Bear as Frankie Carbone