Most badass fighter in all of ASOIAF history ?

Westeros and Essos have had their fair share of great or even legendary warriors whose skills with the sword or the spear or the axe have nothing to envy to Middle-Earth warriors (GRRM has said himself that Jaime Lannister would win against Aragorn).

But of all these legendary fighters which one is or was the most badass in all of ASOIAF, whose strenght and skills with or without the blade are truly unmatched ?

After reading Fire & Blood I would say Sandoq the Shadow, a lysenian warrior who served as Lara Rogare's, Visery II's lyseni wife, bodyguard and was said to have been the victor of a hundred fights in Meeren's fighting pits, had once torn out the throat of a foe with his teeth, drank the blood of the men he killed and that he had slain wolves, lions, bears and even wyerns with no weapons but stones he found in Meeren's pits.

He showed his badassery by easely killing the treacherous kingsguard Amaury Peake and his men when they tried to seize lady Lara despite Viserys and Aegon's opposition in a coup attempt most likely organised by Urwin Peake.

He sliced many of them like paper and as quick and silently as a cat with his valyrian blade, effortlessly blocked his other foes' attacks with his shield before using it to shove them to their deaths onto the iron spikes below the Red Keep bridge, before dancing with Amaury Peake with him killing one of his remaining minions between each wound he inflicted on the kingsguard. 

Even when Amaury's last man managed to grab and throw Sandoq's sword and that the traitor charged his unarmed foe, Sandoq just tore an axe left by Viserys into a wood and splited the KG's head and helm in half from crest to gorget. 

Even Ser Arthur Dayne hasn't such a badass legend and feats with his equally legendary sword Dawn.

6 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Westeros and Essos have had their fair share of great or even legendary warriors whose skills with the sword or the spear or the axe have nothing to envy to Middle-Earth warriors (GRRM has said himself that Jaime Lannister would win against Aragorn).

But of all these legendary fighters which one is or was the most badass in all of ASOIAF, whose strenght and skills with or without the blade are truly unmatched ?

After reading Fire & Blood I would say Sandoq the Shadow, a lysenian warrior who served as Lara Rogare's, Visery II's lyseni wife, bodyguard and was said to have been the victor of a hundred fights in Meeren's fighting pits, had once torn out the throat of a foe with his teeth, drank the blood of the men he killed and that he had slain wolves, lions, bears and even wyerns with no weapons but stones he found in Meeren's pits.

He showed his badassery by easely killing the treacherous kingsguard Amaury Peake and his men when they tried to seize lady Lara despite Viserys and Aegon's opposition in a coup attempt most likely organised by Urwin Peake.

He sliced many of them like paper and as quick and silently as a cat with his valyrian blade, effortlessly blocked his other foes' attacks with his shield before using it to shove them to their deaths onto the iron spikes below the Red Keep bridge, before dancing with Amaury Peake with him killing one of his remaining minions between each wound he inflicted on the kingsguard. 

Even when Amaury's last man managed to grab and throw Sandoq's sword and that the traitor charged his unarmed foe, Sandoq just tore an axe left by Viserys into a wood and splited the KG's head and helm in half from crest to gorget. 

Even Ser Arthur Dayne hasn't such a badass legend and feats with his equally legendary sword Dawn.

To be fair, it wasn’t like Amaury Peake was held up as this fearsome warrior. He only got into the Kingsguard through his connections. Sure, Sandoq was outnumbered and he did win, but I wonder how he’d have fared against someone known for their prowess, like Khal Drogo or Sandor Clegane.

Daemon Targaryen had the best death, hands-down, but as for fighters, I believe George said that if he had to choose any fighter to defend him, it would be Arthur Dayne, followed by Jaime. Jaime jumping into the bear pit, ready to take on a bear one-handed, was pretty badass. (Granted, there is something pretty badass about Brienne too.)

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

To be fair, it wasn’t like Amaury Peake was held up as this fearsome warrior. He only got into the Kingsguard through his connections. Sure, Sandoq was outnumbered and he did win, but I wonder how he’d have fared against someone known for their prowess, like Khal Drogo or Sandor Clegane.

Given how easely Sandoq toyed with Amaury, even without him being deemed a great warrior and the large group of men accompanying him, which is quite an unique achievement in a series such as ASOIAF, and his quite legendary reputation as a gladiator and beast slayer using only rocks, I would have been much more worried for Drogo or Sandor Clegane than for him. 

Edit: Besides at least Sandor has shown his skills and strength and that he deserved his reputation, especially when he clashed with his older and bigger brother, but aside from an episode in the show Drogo hasn't gotten any feat in practice for himself.

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Jaime jumping into the bear pit, ready to take on a bear one-handed, was pretty badass. (Granted, there is something pretty badass about Brienne too.)

A one handed knight, still suffering from fever, jumping into the bear pit to save Brienne is arguably one of the most heroic moments of the series too. Definitely my favorite scene.

That said, as much as I love Jaime, no one comes close to the Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane. 

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

A one handed knight, still suffering from fever, jumping into the bear pit to save Brienne is arguably one of the most heroic moments of the series too. Definitely my favorite scene.

That said, as much as I love Jaime, no one comes close to the Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane. 

The Viper came close. 

While there are several memorable fighters in ASOIAF, Daemon Targaryen takes all for the win in jumping from a flying fighting dragon to another flying fighting dragon to literally bullseye his foe with a legendary VS sword.     How utterly awful and awesome is that!  

16 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Sandoq is a good one . I mean...whoever survives hundreds of battles in Meereen... 

in Westeros it could be one of swords of the morning maybe Davos or Arthur. or Daemon Blackfyre.

Eddard Stark of course! Not only did he slay Ser Arhur Dayne, The Sword of the Morning, but he's such a badass he won't even brag about it, as if it was nothing!  That is some serious badassery there!:P

6 hours ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

The Viper came close. 

he not only came close , he actually defeated the big beast! if only he had finished the job...

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

While there are several memorable fighters in ASOIAF, Daemon Targaryen takes all for the win in jumping from a flying fighting dragon to another flying fighting dragon to literally bullseye his foe with a legendary VS sword.     How utterly awful and awesome is that!  

damn! I'd forgotten that scene! I was thinking " well , Daemons were both legendary... Naahh , D.T had a dragon..."! 

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Eddard Stark of course! Not only did he slay Ser Arhur Dayne, The Sword of the Morning, but he's such a badass he won't even brag about it, as if it was nothing!  That is some serious badassery there!:P

with a "little" help and Arthur was probably badly wounded..:unsure:

Donal Noye. He slayed Mag the Mighty with just one hand. Godry Farring takes the nickname Giantslayer for killing a giant that was fleeing and had his back turned to him, whereas Donal Noye, a one armed old blacksmith killed Mag despite having his spine crushed. I don't think it gets more badass than that.

19 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Donal Noye. He slayed Mag the Mighty with just one hand. Godry Farring takes the nickname Giantslayer for killing a giant that was fleeing and had his back turned to him, whereas Donal Noye, a one armed old blacksmith killed Mag despite having his spine crushed. I don't think it gets more badass than that.

:agree:

Donal is the man. Godry Farring on the other hand, is a putz.

Roddy the Ruin Dustin should be near the top

Ser Criston answered, “If there is to be battle here, many of your own will die as well.” The northman Roderick Dustin laughed at these words, saying, “That’s why we come. Winter’s here. Time for us to go. No better way to die than sword in hand.”

On 12/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, Lord Lannister said:

All I know is we better get a song about the cripple who climbed into the bear pit to save the fair lady from a bear. Don’t you deprive us of that, George!

8 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

All I know is we better get a song about the cripple who climbed into the bear pit to save the fair lady from a bear. Don’t you deprive us of that, George!

At least some alternate lyrics for the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

At least some alternate lyrics for the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

It seems too much like a rape song, with how the bear forces himself on the maid and she finds that she "really does like it after all."

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

One of Jaime's best moments. 

Archived