New Year Plans?

Derfel Cadarn

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I had to use a Pittsburgh airport back in September. What evil city makes you take a tram between the entrance and the concourses?

Most?  The three main airports I use in recent years are Pitt, Orlando, and Tampa.  Tampa is cool because you take the tram before you go through security.  Orlando is pretty well run for how big/busy it is.  Pitt's not bad either.  Weird thing is they used to have an alternative security check-in spot on the other side of the street that most people don't notice, but since covid it's been inactive - alas!

Also, thinking about The Great British Baking Show @Mlle. Zabzie, I actually have an opinion on who won this season.  It was very controversial within the DMC household.  I won't spoil it for you, but let me know if you want to discuss.

I was disappointed because the guy I've been seeing for half a year had planned something not involving me. I stayed with my parents and my brother, played Uno and watched TV. At midnight, we tried to watch some fireworks around the neighbourhood, but it was to foggy to even see anything.

Happy and healthy 2022, board.

I smiled and nodded when someone would tell me 'see you next year'.

I blew my horn when the controller said 'triple zero one' on the radio and muttered 'sorry late' to no one at all.

Temperatures were in the twenties fahrenheit but it wasn't unpleasant as it was very still.

I would add that airport trams are part of the experience and the people mover in Pittsburgh is near as fun as a moving walkway.

Happy New Year to all good peoples herein.

4 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

We succeeded in not being arrested in a foreign country, but damned if he gave it his all because then he stated yelling at a security guard for not going after the pack of locals. 

I can put- Marched back to my hotel, by men with bayonettes, in a foreign land, before I was out of my teens, on my resume.

One of my proudest accomplishments:lol:

eta: It took 2 incidents for them to catch me, I easily outran them the first time. Tequila played a prominent roll in these proceedings.

spent with my family. funny stories delicious homemade food. took apart gifts. This year I have a crop of books and cosmetics :D I'm trying new things from Maryann organics. I'll tell you right away their patches for eye care work wonders (the consequences of a sleepless night and a couple of glasses of wine were quickly removed:cheers:)

• 11 months later...

My mother has just thrashed me at Scrabble. Naturally I was just being gracious and letting her win. :rolleyes: Now watching His Dark Materials. Will drink sparkling wine and watch the ceilidh on BBC Alba later. 

Happy New Year, board people.  

Happy New Year.

Ok, this is weird, looks like the local idiots have run out of boom boom shit. I spoke too soon. Here we go. At least it's now just one concentrated shizzle and neighbours' dog is not liking it. Think I heard him barking, but now his barks get drowned out by booms!

Anyway, Happy New Year.

Like I said, I spoke too soon.

They just missed the New Year by 3 minutes or so. To be fair, now it's at least primary rockets which explode in colourful ways and not just firecrackers. Yeah, firecrackers also go boom. I feel really sorry for neighbour's doggo upstairs.

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Happy New Year everybody! :cheers: 

Huge NYE plans here. I made tuna wraps for dinner, I’m watching Glass Onion from bed and drinking herbal tea. 

PS - champagne is to be stored in cool dry places, not above your stove. :leaving: 

Don'T worry, champagne sucks anyway.

Archived