• Going to LA
  • At least locking down a trip to Hawaii if I can't make it this year
  • Reading more than 18 books
  • Writing a short story I wouldn't be afraid to publish
  • Reconnecting with a few old friends I haven't spoken with in some time
  • Spending as much time with family as possible
  • Training for a 10k run, working towards running a marathon
  • On that note, yoga, weights, cardio or meditation every day
  • Most importantly, finally stop talking about what I want to do with my life and actually do it.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

In 2022 I'm:

• 1) Going to San Francisco
  • 2) Going to LA
  • 3) At least locking down a trip to Hawaii if I can't make it this year
  • 4) Reading more than 18 books
  • 5) Writing a short story I wouldn't be afraid to publish
  • 6) Reconnecting with a few old friends I haven't spoken with in some time
  • 7) Spending as much time with family as possible
  • 8) Training for a 10k run, working towards running a marathon
  • 9) On that note, yoga, weights, cardio or meditation every day
  • 10) Most importantly, finally stop talking about what I want to do with my life and actually do it.

Hey! I only mentioned, and yet received! I'll need to take a few hours to think of my own 2022 resolutions, though I do have a couple already in mind.

Point by point response.

1) Been there. Maybe while you're visiting San Francisco, take a day to head down to Monterey. They have a nice aquarium. And some cool beaches in the area.

2) Haven't been there. Have fun!

3) Just 40 more days I'm going for the first time. Not to Oahu. I have an uncle that lives on the big island. No hotel cost.

4) That's called the first quarter of the fiscal year.

5) You are a braver man than I, in this instance.

6) Sounds good.

7) ^^^

8) Sounds exhausting.

9) I can agree with this.

10) You actually know what you want to do with your life? Congratulations! You have me beat. Just do it.

I'm aiming to not look at my phone before I am fully "up" - awake and dressed. Waking up and staring at my phone for 30+ minutes before getting out of bed was a real bad habit I picked up during covid (no commute, no reason to feel rushed to get to work) and it was a poor way to start my days. Looking for better fresh starts every morning this year!

47 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

I'm aiming to not look at my phone before I am fully "up" - awake and dressed. Waking up and staring at my phone for 30+ minutes before getting out of bed was a real bad habit I picked up during covid (no commute, no reason to feel rushed to get to work) and it was a poor way to start my days. Looking for better fresh starts every morning this year!

Oooh. That’s good. I must add that to my other resolution, not to die.

Don’t know yet. My girlfriend and I are doing this annual thing next weekend where we go for a short trip, reflect on the past year, think about the next and how we can further improve our lives. After that we’ll both have some ideas. Where do we want to travel, what habits would we like to start, which friends do we want to reconnect with and so on. 

That being said, our baby will be born in March so obviously being the best father I can possibly be will be the top priority. :)

On 12/31/2021 at 11:17 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Not die.

That's the only one I have too -- other than getting a final production fund raiser up and running before the middle of this month.

Archived