2022 New Years Resolutions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

To be more openly and unapologetically myself. I've made huge steps in 2021, especially at work and with my close friends. I have not been able to be so open with my family as I should be, so I'm going to work my way up to that.

I'd also like to dip my toe into dating again. Not necessarily for finding something long term but to see if I'm in a place where dating is something that will be right for me

Mostly a small resolution in the grander scheme, but when I go the poker rooms,  I resolve to have more pre flop patience and not to force the action in too loose games just because I'm bored.

My resolution is to write a review of the books I read in the Books Read threads.  I don't do that because I get a bit intimidated by the many great reviews posted here, so I thought the best way to improve is to just write them. So I will.   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

My resolution is to write a review of the books I read in the Books Read threads.  I don't do that because I get a bit intimidated by the many great reviews posted here, so I thought the best way to improve is to just write them. So I will.   :thumbsup:

Good start!

3 hours ago, LongRider said:

I don't do that because I get a bit intimidated by the many great reviews posted here, so I thought the best way to improve is to just write them. So I will.   :thumbsup:

Yes!  Do it!  :read: :cheers: :agree:

Off topic, here -- It's great the board has a reading emoji, but it should have a writing emoji too.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, mcbigski said:

Mostly a small resolution in the grander scheme, but when I go the poker rooms,  I resolve to have more pre flop patience and not to force the action in too loose games just because I'm bored.

Why? That is a legitimate strategy, which seems to consistently win.

I've lost hundreds of dollars to drunk people who flopped 4/7 or some such two pair on a dumb call because they were bored when I had raised pre-flop on a high pocket pair.

That shit pays.

Edit: On a happier note, I was down $160 yesterday. Ended up coming back and leaving $30 up. I'll take it.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Why? That is a legitimate strategy, which seems to consistently win.

I've lost hundreds of dollars to drunk people who flopped 4/7 or some such two pair on a dumb call because they were bored when I had raised pre-flop on a high pocket pair.

That shit pays.

If you have a skill edge, forcing the action in a loose game is a good strategy, especially in position.  But I'm mostly trying to avoid tilt triggers.

And you've probably won thousands from those same players, just not as memorably.

46 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

If you have a skill edge, forcing the action in a loose game is a good strategy, especially in position.  But I'm mostly trying to avoid tilt triggers.

And you've probably won thousands from those same players, just not as memorably.

Ha. Actually there is a solid chance I’m the drunk person playing too loose.

Hit $220 tonight though.

• 6 months later...

I normally don’t make resolutions, but this year I really needed to lose weight.  Today, I finally landed on my target.  I have lost 17 lbs, and according to the BMI chart I’m no longer overweight.

Now the new goal is to stick with the good habits that I have developed for myself and stay below that target weight.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:24 AM, BigFatCoward said:

I'm going to get my prick kids to sleep through the night so me and my wife can stop swearing at each other all the time. 

Failed miserably. However we are so tired we don't even have the energy to call each other names anymore. 

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Failed miserably. However we are so tired we don't even have the energy to call each other names anymore. 

Ouch. My wife and I think we’ve got it rough on the rare occasions our three year old is still awake after 2030

15 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Ouch. My wife and I think we’ve got it rough on the rare occasions our three year old is still awake after 2030

Both go down fine, asleep by 1930. But 1 year old either wakes for 3 hours about 0100-0400 or is awake for the day at 0400. 4 year old is a bit better and sleeps until 0515. 

On 8/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Your next year's resolution needs to be to expand your vocabulary and come up with some new names

Archived