Football: Rangnick past me again

polishgenius

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Millwall are the worst by far. I've policed a lot now football and their ground is by far the most intimidating. It's not even close. 

I worked with an older guy who was from that area, and a regularly attending Millwall fan throughout the 1980s-00s. I think he came to Canada about 15 years ago now.

Some crazy stories, mobs of Millwall against police on horses, stabbings, riots, pub brawls, pitch invasions,etc.

Funny guy, good to work with, but he was certainly ... uh, passionate. He had a whole row of fake teeth, so you can imagine how that happened.

9 hours ago, Darryk said:

Millwall fans are scary. Does any club have a worse reputation?

No.  Millwall fans are the limit, at least in England, full stop.

Today it is gentrified, but that area from The Den up to the Isle of Dogs, where Canary Wharf is now, was plain dangerous on match day in the 80s.

The combination of Ndombele and Lo Celso has got to be some of the worst business done in the history of the premier league. To think these were the supposed replacements for Dembele and Eriksen.

Hoping this is the last game in a Spurs shirt for both of them.

Well embarrassing banana skin avoided but it took a fluke goal from Winks and a defensive error from Morecambe for Lucas' goal.

Ndombele really is a disgrace; other players were trying to hurry him up because he was so slow coming off the pitch when he was subbed, I assume 'cause he didn't like being booed. 

Garner had a good game. Lokonga had a poor game. Overall Arsenal played the way United have been playing i.e. they couldn't pass for shit and it was just one giveaway after another.

ETA. Roma/Juve game was fucking fantastic. Roma bossed the first half and were unlucky to go into halftime at 1-1. They then bossed the start of the second half and went 3-1 up. Juve looked dead and buried at that point but pulled off a great comeback with 3 goals in the space of 7 minutes. De Ligt then got sent off and Pellegrini missed a late penalty for Roma.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, polishgenius said:

someone threw a knife at Dino Baggio's head.

There's even a short television drama "The knife in Dino Baggio's head".  I think Polish fans are (one of many but pretty important) reason for poor shape of Polish league. Sb should drive the ogres out of stadiums and let normal people in.

I know they have to walk before they run and they're desperate for a striker, and all that, but still. I don't think raiding Burnley was what the Newcastle fans had in mind when they discovered their club had acquired a bottomless money pit.

Archived