Football: Rangnick past me again

polishgenius

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Or he is staying home because of his myocarditis. I mean, he can't do sports with it, so no point in having him fly to Dubai.

He's been back training since he returned from AFCON and says he's been given a clean bill of health, so I doubt it's that. 

But they may have decided he's better off staying at home and doing fitness work than jetting off again after having just returned.

50 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He's been back training since he returned from AFCON and says he's been given a clean bill of health, so I doubt it's that. 

But they may have decided he's better off staying at home and doing fitness work than jetting off again after having just returned.

Full trainin? good for him. Then he might really be off to Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

True, Watford have burnt through so many managers that their options are severely reduced. They could certainly do worse than Hodgson, as Everton will probably show us in a week or two...

I think I read that his contract will run to the end of the season, which isn't all that long, but still pretty ambitious for a Watford manager!

At this point, I fully expect us to rehire Samuele.

Looks like Mane might have picked up a concussion at AFCON.

Collision with the goalkeeper outside the box. Keeper couldn't continue and received a (harsh) red card on top. Mane stayed on, score a nice for Senegal to take lead and then signalled that he really needs to be taken off.  He really should've been taken off after collission not kept on the pitch. 

In more important news from AFCON, Kyereh picked up an injury and is out for an undisclosed period of time. :bang:

3 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

jurassic fucking park of managers! 

Funny you should say that. The Athletic aren't reporting that Farhad Moshiri has sent a team of crack archaeologists to a dig behind Halmstad FC's training ground, where long-haired wingnut, Neil Oliver, as well as desperately trying to relocate his missing marbles, will be leading a team of overpaid idiots searching for amber-encased midges in the hope of finding a drop or two of Woy Pwime so Moshiri can make a bunch of clones that he can sack in compensation-free succession. Allegedly.

Seems rumours say Vitor Pereira.

I know very little about him apart from him having won the league in Portual and China. And being fired for not keeping ... 1860? ... up. 

Also, he seems to be an attacking manager, lots of goals scored. Which is totally what we need, as our defense is very solid..

Reports that Newcastle have agreed a fee for Bruno Guimarães of Lyon. Not super familiar with him but everything I've heard suggests this is an annoyingly good signing, not just coz he's good - in the ways I enjoy most in a footballer, natch, that tempo-running box-to-box passing midfielder- but because he's in exactly the sort of phase of his career that, if he turns out to fit for the Prem, they can build a team with and around him. 

40 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Seems rumours say Vitor Pereira.

I know very little about him apart from him having won the league in Portual and China. And being fired for not keeping ... 1860? ... up. 

Also, he seems to be an attacking manager, lots of goals scored. Which is totally what we need, as our defense is very solid..

Sorry, brings back fond memories of the delusional 1860 owner going into complete meltdown after they lost against us with him raging against referee Bibi Steinhaus(-Webb). It was glorious.

Did I mention they had hire Sven-Göran as an adviser and brought in Anthony Power from Liverpool to run things and he ended up assaulting a club employer after they dropped, also they hired Ian Ayr only for him to run away after 2 months that year. The club was a mess, and it was just glorious. 

Anyway got sidetracked here.

As for Pereira. They played ok/good football. But that's not what second tier football in Germany is about, esp. when you are in relegation trouble. As one of their players put it bluntly. Nobody gives a fuck that we play good football, when we don't win games. 

I mean all the attempts of playing good direct attacking football is kinda pointless, when the players are not good enough at it (2. Bundesliga) and you just concede, when you lose the ball. I mean try to play Guardiola football with Burnley and see how well that ends.

I see that talks between United and Newcastle have once again broken down. Man United are just being ridiculous now. We are not even using Lingard, he's made it clear that he wants to leave and Newcastle have offered a generous loan fee + paying full wages but we seem intent on pissing players off. Van de Beek is another player who the club have managed to royally piss off - a regular in the Dutch national team who has since been dropped because United refuse to give him any game time to speak of while simultaneously rejecting all of his requests for a loan move. Dean Henderson has been begging for a loan (Ajax were interested) but we've repeatedly ignored his pleas. The only thing we've succeeded in doing with Henderson is wasting two years of his career and wrecking any chance he had of making England's WC squad. Martial had to force a move. No wonder there is such toxicity at the club. Fantastic management once again by the board of ass-clowns.

Oh, in other news.

The FIFA World Cup is not merely the money grab you and I so cynically make it out to be. No, it's humanitarian mission, which we all should support to stop the drowning in the mediterranean.

From all the outrageous crazy to morally bankrupt things being said and done in football Infantino managing to still be able to top it. That is quite an achievement. 

Archived