The 13th chapter.

AlaskanSandman

So, in ASOS we are told of the legend of the Nights King who was L.C. of the Watch for 13 years. He fell for the Corpse Queen and was sacrificing to the Others. 

Now, I noticed something odd in ADWD and thought I would check the other books to see if GRRM kept up this theme, and he mostly did. So lets look at it starting with ADWD.

ADWD - Jon POV 13- Jon Dies after the Pink Letter. With most people believing Jon will come back a resurrected dead person.

ADWD-  CH 13 Bran II- Bran meets Bloodraven in a cave, where he has a tree root growing out his eye ball as he sits in his weirwood root throne.

I thought this was very odd as Bloodraven was L.C of the Watch for 13 years also. This really got me wondering if Bloodraven is evil and aligned with the Nights King, sacrificing babes (Bran) to the Others.

So I decided to check the other Novels starting at least with ASOS where we are first told the legend of the Nights King. As it turns out.

ASOS Chapter 13 Arya II- Arya first encounters Beric Dondarrion at the end of the Chapter. Who has one eye and sits on a weirwood root throne in a cave.......Hmmmm. Weird.

ASOS Arya POV 13 - Arya ditches the Hound and boards a ship at Saltpans using her Braavosi coin to sail to Braavos where she encounters the Kindly Old Man who has a white worm coming out his missing eye ball as he appears as a skull.......                           ......Hmmmm. Definitely weird.

So AFFC as it turns out, has no POV chapter that goes to 13, and the 13th chapter of the book, is the Soiled Knight with Arys Oakheart who agrees to crown Mrycella after talking of Lewyn and his paramour who is old now but was a rare beauty in her youth.                           Not sure what to make of this. Ashara Dayne perhaps? A K.G. did dance with her at Harrenhal plus Oberyn Martell did too. I'm not sure who else his Paramour could be but I'm sure there are other options.

So looking back just for fun.

AGOT- Ch 13 Tyrion II- Tyrion meets Jon Snow while both travel to the Wall.

ACOK- Ch13 Jon II- Jon Visits White Tree.

No 13th POV chapters in first two books.

Now im curious what others make of these chapters. I think Jon is the son of Mance Rayder who was born at White Tree I suspect just like Crastor. Jon dying on 13th chapter and going to White Tree on 13th chapter is suspect to me.

Bloodraven, the Facelessmen, and Beric Dondarion are easy to link together.

What though, is up with Arys Oakheart? I suspect a K.G. during Harrenhal of plotting the same way perhaps, but is this about Lyanna, or Ashara Dayne? Why would Arthur Dayne, and Lewyn Martell want to crown Lyanna and not Ashara Dayne? Arthurs sister? 

Edit- Its hard to believe either Lewyn or Arthur would want to dethrone Elia Martell though either. So maybe this is about replacing Rhaella??

5 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Prologue chapters don't count btw.

Because they ruin your nonsense theory making.

First thing the Night's King is a figure of only historical curiosity. He was simply a man of unknown presumably northern origin who was an enemy sufficiently powerful to force the Free Folk and Northerns to ally against and held command of the Night's Watch. Everything about him is purely curiosity and of no real relevance to Modern ASOIAF so to say.

His Queen is the more interesting one.If was either a daughter of a Barrow king as the Maesters suggest or simply a woman who worshiped the Others she possesses no further relevancy. If you was a female Other it suggest both that Others are capable of controlling the living in some manner and they are capable of far more subtle tactics than they have currently shown.

As for the rest of what your saying it's all rubbish. Relying on an literary coincidence to support some kind of theory. I'm not even entirely sure what you're trying to suggest with all this but I doubt anything can even be drawn. You struggle to do anything with AFFC 13th chapter and you to turn to your own incorrect theories to justify AGOT and ACOK 13th chapter's having any relevancy. If the best a theory can conure up to support it is literary coincidence then it probably isn't a theory worth supporting.

While their is definitely reason to be suspect about Bloodraven and his methods I doubt he is actually going as far as working with the Others since he is working with the Children and they were essential in stopping the first Long Night so I doubt they'd side with  an ally of the others.

39 minutes ago, Thandros said:

First thing the Night's King is a figure of only historical curiosity. He was simply a man of unknown presumably northern origin who was an enemy sufficiently powerful to force the Free Folk and Northerns to ally against and held command of the Night's Watch. Everything about him is purely curiosity and of no real relevance to Modern ASOIAF so to say.

His Queen is the more interesting one.If was either a daughter of a Barrow king as the Maesters suggest or simply a woman who worshiped the Others she possesses no further relevancy. If you was a female Other it suggest both that Others are capable of controlling the living in some manner and they are capable of far more subtle tactics than they have currently shown.

As for the rest of what your saying it's all rubbish. Relying on an literary coincidence to support some kind of theory. I'm not even entirely sure what you're trying to suggest with all this but I doubt anything can even be drawn. You struggle to do anything with AFFC 13th chapter and you to turn to your own incorrect theories to justify AGOT and ACOK 13th chapter's having any relevancy. If the best a theory can conure up to support it is literary coincidence then it probably isn't a theory worth supporting.

While their is definitely reason to be suspect about Bloodraven and his methods I doubt he is actually going as far as working with the Others since he is working with the Children and they were essential in stopping the first Long Night so I doubt they'd side with  an ally of the others.

First of all, because GRRM's first chapter written was Bran's first POV chapter, not the epilogue that was appended on later. 

Im very happy for you that you "think" the Nights King is irrelevant and that that the Corpse Queen is more "Interesting". Your opinion is hardly factual though despite your earnest attempt to insist upon it.

Maybe its not a clue from the author that loves mysteries so much that he regularly post puzzles on his board, maybe it is. Im leaving that for each person to decide and you're welcome to think they are nothing :)

ACOT, and ACOK may not matter as the 13 clue wasn't laid till ASOS with the Nights King's legend. As for AFFC I literally wrote about how it was an odd chapter not fitting the themes of the others. The others largely have Arya and Bran meeting undead people with one eye, other than the one of Jon dying (Which fits since people think he will be resurrected by Mel, like Beric was resurrected by Thoros.)

AFFC though and the soiled Knight could be many things and hence my curiosity how others took it. Soiled Knight seems to imply Jamie, the other Soiled Knight in our story. Or Arys Oakhearts plans with Myrcella mirror what the K.G. were up to during Roberts Rebellion. Which for R+L fans could be the K.G. plotting with Rhaegar to put aside Elia for Lyanna. 

I wasn't inserting my theories despite your confusing talk. As you say, I didn't explain how I took it all  

I'm not even entirely sure what you're trying to suggest with all this but I doubt anything can even be drawn.

My point exactly. You're contradicting your self with me either inserting my rubbish theories every where, or not enough.

As to whether I can draw a conclusion from it all myself, yes I can.

I would say there is a clear connection between Bloodraven and the Night's King legend, with Beric and Bloodraven both being the undead, and Jon dying on chapter 13 suggest he will become undead. The Faceless men connection to Bloodraven is easy to make given the Kindly Oldman has a white worm coming out his eye socket like the Weirwood coming out of Bloodraven's eye that is described like a white worm.  Suggesting that the Faceless men are connected to Bloodraven who has a 1000 eyes and one. Who has a section of his cave with skulls on the wall like how the faceless men have a wall of faces. Like how the Weirwood paste bran drinks is similar in effect to the candles Arya smells. 

I would say since Jon dies on Chapter 13 to become an undead and Ser Arys Oakhearts plot seeming similar to what may have happened at Harrenhal would be a clear nod to Jon who is supposedly the product of Rhaegar and Lyanna from the events of Harrenhal (Where a tree has 13 carved into it also)

The Princess and the Queen

No banners flew above the blackened towers and ruined keeps of Harrenhal when Prince Daemon descended from the sky to take up the castle for his own. A few squatters had found shelter in the castle’s deep vaults and undercellars, but the sound of Caraxes’s wings sent them fleeing. When the last of them was gone, Daemon Targaryen walked the cavernous halls of Harren’s seat alone, with no companion but his dragon. Each night at dusk he slashed the heart tree in the godswood to mark the passing of another day. Thirteen marks can be seen upon that weirwood still; old wounds, deep and dark, yet the lords who have ruled Harrenhal since Daemon’s day say they bleed afresh every spring.

So yes, I do think there is a clear connection between all of them, regardless of who Jon's parents are. Bloodraven served as L.C. for 13 years same as the Nights King. There are plenty of clear connections. Whether the Nights King and Bloodraven were truly evil is debatable though. Their connection I think is pretty clear though, but that's just my opinion. 

Edit- Funny enough, The Tourney of Harrenahl was during the False Spring. 

since Daemon’s day say they bleed afresh every spring.

32 minutes ago, Thandros said:

Is the prologue a chapter?

Prologues come before chapter one and could be expository/introductory prose, a poem, diary letter, news clipping, or anything in between. As a reader, when I start reading a prologue, I'm usually impatient to get to chapter one

https://www.writersdigest.com/publishing-insights/great-debate-prologue-not-prologue

So, Prologue, thennnnnnnnn Chapter 1 :D

38 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

First of all, because GRRM's first chapter written was Bran's first POV chapter, not the epilogue that was appended on later. 

Your insults don't  validate your opinion though.

Im very happy for you that you "think" the Nights King is irrelevant and that that the Corpse Queen is more "Interesting". Your opinion is hardly factual though despite your earnest attempt to insist upon it.

Maybe its not a clue from the author that loves mysteries so much that he regularly post puzzles on his board, maybe it is. Im leaving that for each person to decide and you're welcome to think they are nothing :)

ACOT, and ACOK may not matter as the 13 clue wasn't laid till ASOS with the Nights King's legend. As for AFFC I literally wrote about how it was an odd chapter not fitting the themes of the others. The others largely have Arya and Bran meeting undead people with one eye, other than the one of Jon dying (Which fits since people think he will be resurrected by Mel, like Beric was resurrected by Thoros.)

AFFC though and the soiled Knight could be many things and hence my curiosity how others took it. Soiled Knight seems to imply Jamie, the other Soiled Knight in our story. Or Arys Oakhearts plans with Myrcella mirror what the K.G. were up to during Roberts Rebellion. Which for R+L fans could be the K.G. plotting with Rhaegar to put aside Elia for Lyanna. 

You can be as edgy as you want, but I wasn't inserting my theories despite your confusing talk. As you say, I didn't explain how I took it all  

AGOT doesn't have an epilogue and also their is no way to tell which chapter was written first and in what order they were written unless you have Word of God somewhere saying elsewise.

I know my insults don't validate my opinions otherwise you'd be seeing an awful lot more of them and they'd be more graphic and more direct.

The Night's King is an ancient legend from the mists of Pre History where it is hard to place any detail as certainty. For all we know even the fact that he reigned for thirteen years may be false and a length dated back based on superstitions about the number thirteen rather than the actual length of his reign. Of course an evil overlord who lasted six months because his castles are indefensible is a lot less scary than one who ruled for thirteen years and required an alliance stretching both sides of the Wall to finally defeat him. Also he's very much long dead and won't actually be appearing in the Story at all beyond a few spooky legends. For AFFC the Soiled knight refers to Aerys Oakheart as he's considers himself dirty because he broke his oaths. I don't think what he's doing needs to refer to some other event in the past.

ALso Arya isn't meeting an undead person in her thirteenth chapter. She's meeting a very much alive person wearing an illusion like the worm she tries to eat. He only looks undead as a test for new initiates that what their joining is scary dangerous and the faint of heart should turn around now. Also Arya doesn't meet Berick in chapter thirteen of ASOS. She meets the Brotherhood without banners and the person she meets at the end is Harwin who is very much alive and presumably has both his eyes. Make theories with correct information it makes agreeing with them enough to not bother arguing against them so much easier.

39 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

My point exactly. You're contradicting your self with me either inserting my rubbish theories every where, or not enough.

As to whether I can draw a conclusion from it all myself, yes I can.

I would say there is a clear connection between Bloodraven and the Night's King legend, with Beric and Bloodraven both being the undead, and Jon dying on chapter 13 suggest he will become undead. The Faceless men connection to Bloodraven is easy to make given the Kindly Oldman has a white worm coming out his eye socket like the Weirwood coming out of Bloodraven's eye that is described like a white worm.  Suggesting that the Faceless men are connected to Bloodraven who has a 1000 eyes and one. Who has a section of his cave with skulls on the wall like how the faceless men have a wall of faces. Like how the Weirwood paste bran drinks is similar in effect to the candles Arya smells. 

I would say since Jon dies on Chapter 13 to become an undead and Ser Arys Oakhearts plot seeming similar to what may have happened at Harrenhal would be a clear nod to Jon who is supposedly the product of Rhaegar and Lyanna from the events of Harrenhal (Where a tree has 13 carved into it also)

The Kindly man has an illusion designed  to frighten off people arriving at the house of black and white. It doesn't have to be connected to Bloodraven. Bloodraven is weird but their nothing to suggest he's undead he's just stretching his life span beyond normal means by fusing with a Weirwood tree. Beric is undead but nothing seems to link resurrection by Red Priests and the magic of the First men. Not everything is connected and the Faceless Men long predate Bloodraven and the Greenseers long predate the Faceless men and their seems no connection between them in any meaningful sense from what is presented.

The Arys Oakheart plot bears no resemblance to what may have happened with Rhaegar and Lyanna I don't know what your getting at.

the Stuff with Daemon is that it took two weeks fro Aemond to hear of him and arrive at Harrenhall. If Thirteen was truly a number of significance then surely the confrontation would have occurred on the thirteenth day rather than the fourteenth day.

46 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:
So yes, I do think there is a clear connection between all of them, regardless of who Jon's parents are. Bloodraven served as L.C. for 13 years same as the Nights King. There are plenty of clear connections. Whether the Nights King and Bloodraven were truly evil is debatable though. Their connection I think is pretty clear though, but that's just my opinion. 

What is the connection? Provide evidence beyond the thirteen years thing.That may not be accurate at all or it could be a complete coincidence.

35 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Is the prologue a chapter?

Prologues come before chapter one and could be expository/introductory prose, a poem, diary letter, news clipping, or anything in between. As a reader, when I start reading a prologue, I'm usually impatient to get to chapter one

https://www.writersdigest.com/publishing-insights/great-debate-prologue-not-prologue

So, Prologue, thennnnnnnnn Chapter 1 :D

The thing is GRRM doesn't number his chapter we do. The only difference between Will (Prologue) and Bran 1 is that Will's chapter doesn't have his name at the top. 

15 minutes ago, Thandros said:

AGOT doesn't have an epilogue and also their is no way to tell which chapter was written first and in what order they were written unless you have Word of God somewhere saying elsewise.

I know my insults don't validate my opinions otherwise you'd be seeing an awful lot more of them and they'd be more graphic and more direct.

The Night's King is an ancient legend from the mists of Pre History where it is hard to place any detail as certainty. For all we know even the fact that he reigned for thirteen years may be false and a length dated back based on superstitions about the number thirteen rather than the actual length of his reign. Of course an evil overlord who lasted six months because his castles are indefensible is a lot less scary than one who ruled for thirteen years and required an alliance stretching both sides of the Wall to finally defeat him. Also he's very much long dead and won't actually be appearing in the Story at all beyond a few spooky legends. For AFFC the Soiled knight refers to Aerys Oakheart as he's considers himself dirty because he broke his oaths. I don't think what he's doing needs to refer to some other event in the past.

ALso Arya isn't meeting an undead person in her thirteenth chapter. She's meeting a very much alive person wearing an illusion like the worm she tries to eat. He only looks undead as a test for new initiates that what their joining is scary dangerous and the faint of heart should turn around now. Also Arya doesn't meet Berick in chapter thirteen of ASOS. She meets the Brotherhood without banners and the person she meets at the end is Harwin who is very much alive and presumably has both his eyes. Make theories with correct information it makes agreeing with them enough to not bother arguing against them so much easier.

The Kindly man has an illusion designed  to frighten off people arriving at the house of black and white. It doesn't have to be connected to Bloodraven. Bloodraven is weird but their nothing to suggest he's undead he's just stretching his life span beyond normal means by fusing with a Weirwood tree. Beric is undead but nothing seems to link resurrection by Red Priests and the magic of the First men. Not everything is connected and the Faceless Men long predate Bloodraven and the Greenseers long predate the Faceless men and their seems no connection between them in any meaningful sense from what is presented.

The Arys Oakheart plot bears no resemblance to what may have happened with Rhaegar and Lyanna I don't know what your getting at.

the Stuff with Daemon is that it took two weeks fro Aemond to hear of him and arrive at Harrenhall. If Thirteen was truly a number of significance then surely the confrontation would have occurred on the thirteenth day rather than the fourteenth day.

What is the connection? Provide evidence beyond the thirteen years thing.That may not be accurate at all or it could be a complete coincidence.

The thing is GRRM doesn't number his chapter we do. The only difference between Will (Prologue) and Bran 1 is that Will's chapter doesn't have his name at the top. 

A Storm of Swords - Arya II

A more ragged band Arya had never seen, but there was nothing ragged about the swords, axes, and bows they carried. One or two gave her curious glances as they entered, but no one said a word. A one-eyed man in a rusty pothelm sniffed the air and grinned, while an archer with a head of stiff yellow hair was shouting for ale. After them came a spearman in a lion-crested helm, an older man with a limp, a Braavosi sellsword, a . . ."Harwin?" Arya whispered. It was! Under the beard and the tangled hair was the face of Hullen's son, who used to lead her pony around the yard, ride at quintain with Jon and Robb, and drink too much on feast days.

So speaketh GOD, on which chapter was the "First". It was Bran's chapter, when they find the dead Direwolf.

It is known.

9 minutes ago, Thandros said:

Maybe you should just refrain from being insulting in general if you expect to have "Discussion" with people.

20 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

So speaketh GOD, on which chapter was the "First". It was Bran's chapter, when they find the dead Direwolf.

It is known.

I see I stand corrected. Thank you for providing evidence. Yes of course so the first part with the execution was equally tacked on since he only mentions the second half of the chapter with the Direwolves. No doubt that bit is somehow less valid as a chapter then the rest of it. Or would you disagree.

18 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Maybe you should just refrain from being insulting in general if you expect to have "Discussion" with people.

I'm simply telling you what I think of your 'theories'. It establishes the degree of distance between our two points of view and as such enables us to being our discussion with an idea of how much ground each of us has to cover to bring our opposite to their point of view. The use of a term you consider insulting by states your theories are something lacking in sense was a way of establish how little I agree with you on anything.

1 minute ago, Thandros said:

I see I stand corrected. Thank you for providing evidence. Yes of course so the first part with the execution was equally tacked on since he only mentions the second half of the chapter with the Direwolves. No doubt that bit is somehow less valid as a chapter then the rest of it. Or would you disagree.

I'm simply telling you what I think of your 'theories'. It establishes the degree of distance between our two points of view and as such enables us to being our discussion with an idea of how much ground each of us has to cover to bring our opposite to their point of view. The use of a term you consider insulting by states your theories are something lacking in sense was a way of establish how little I agree with you on anything.

Just a friendly suggestion, better ways to disagree without calling someone's theory rubbish and all the rest. I didn't dismiss the prologue cause it disagreed with my rubbish or nonsense theory. I noticed Jon's 13th pov chapter, that he died. I actually numbered the Prologue chapter 1 not thinking about it and didn't line up Bran's 2nd Pov chapter as the 13th, I had Reeks as 13. So I thought there was nothing more to it.

Then I realized that Prologues don't count as chapters and GRRM didn't begin Agot with the Prologue. He began it with the first POV chapter listed, which is Bran's. Which GRRM even talks about in an interview of doing. This made me 2nd look what i otherwise had dismissed as nothing.

Bloodraven is not the Faceless men, they are both something controlled by the Cotf

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II

Before them a pale lord in ebon finery sat dreaming in a tangled nest of roots, a woven weirwood throne that embraced his withered limbs as a mother does a child.
His body was so skeletal and his clothes so rotted that at first Bran took him for another corpse, a dead man propped up so long that the roots had grown over him, under him, and through him. What skin the corpse lord showed was white, save for a bloody blotch that crept up his neck onto his cheek. His white hair was fine and thin as root hair and long enough to brush against the earthen floor. Roots coiled around his legs like wooden serpents. One burrowed through his breeches into the desiccated flesh of his thigh, to emerge again from his shoulder. A spray of dark red leaves sprouted from his skull, and grey mushrooms spotted his brow. A little skin remained, stretched across his face, tight and hard as white leather, but even that was fraying, and here and there the brown and yellow bone beneath was poking through.

And Bloodraven is pretty dead im guessing. Like the Faceless men, his corpse is being "worn", and his memories accessible to the COTF.

The link is the Cotf, not so much Bloodraven himself or the Night's King who was sacrificing to the Others. Daemon carving the tree that bleeds in spring, means that while the Tourney of Harrenhal was happening, the tree was bleeding the 13 marks. The Greenmen of the Gods Eye are likely tied to the Cotf who made the pact on the Isle with the First Men. Gods Eye, being a nod to Bloodraven, the Kindly Old Man, and Beric. 
Just my take on it though. 
And happy to provide a link or quote for anything. I do make mistakes sometimes :)

17 minutes ago, Thandros said:

No doubt that bit is somehow less valid as a chapter then the rest of it. Or would you disagree.

As to the earlier part of Bran's chapter, Im not sure. He may have added that part after. I do often wonder how he generated this massive story from supposedly nothing in a free flow type manner. Id have boards all over my room with lists and maps, and everything pre organized my self haha

12 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Just a friendly suggestion, better ways to disagree without calling someone's theory rubbish and all the rest. I didn't dismiss the prologue cause it disagreed with my rubbish or nonsense theory. I noticed Jon's 13th pov chapter, that he died. I actually numbered the Prologue chapter 1 not thinking about it and didn't line up Bran's 2nd Pov chapter as the 13th, I had Reeks as 13. So I thought there was nothing more to it.

Then I realized that Prologues don't count as chapters and GRRM didn't begin Agot with the Prologue. He began it with the first POV chapter listed, which is Bran's. Which GRRM even talks about in an interview of doing. This made me 2nd look what i otherwise had dismissed as nothing.

Bloodraven is not the Faceless men, they are both something controlled by the Cotf

Have you considered the possibility you were right to dismiss it as nothing. If we ordered the book by order written it wouldn't necessarily make a lot of sense. The prologues and epilogues are only distinguished by their titles which mark them as chapter's whose characters are going to die. They are mostly directly connected to the story and basically indistinguishable some are directly connected and relevant to the plot. If you go by time why not consider the first two Dany chapter's prologues they clearly take place some time before the rest of the story.

Givne the Faceless men have their origins in the volcanic mines of valyria I doubt the COTF had anything to do with them.

12 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:
And Bloodraven is pretty dead im guessing. Like the Faceless men, his corpse is being "worn", and his memories accessible to the COTF.

The link is the Cotf, not so much Bloodraven himself or the Night's King who was sacrificing to the Others. Daemon carving the tree that bleeds in spring, means that while the Tourney of Harrenhal was happening, the tree was bleeding the 13 marks. The Greenmen of the Gods Eye are likely tied to the Cotf who made the pact on the Isle with the First Men. Gods Eye, being a nod to Bloodraven, the Kindly Old Man, and Beric. 
Just my take on it though. 
And happy to provide a link or quote for anything. I do make mistakes sometimes :)

The bleeding of the Weirwood is probably sap and it wouldn't have bleed during the tourney of Harrenhal. The Tourney of Harrenhal took place during the false spring when some but not all thought spring had arrived. The maesters disagreed and presumably a partially magic tree is smart enough to know the warm weather is a trick and not start coming back to life after a long winter.

The God's Eye is called that because it looks like an eye if you're a god (from above). Why must it's name tie it to characters acting millennium after it formed.

Bloodraven must be alive. Varamyr believes in his chapter that once his true body dies and he takes another his gift dies with him. Bloodraven is still clearly a powerful skinchanger and greenseer so assuming the same applies then he should be alive of a sorts.Leaf also describes as still being alive and while she may be lying given that he hasn't totally gone into the tree we must assume he is still sort of alive.

9 minutes ago, Thandros said:

Have you considered the possibility you were right to dismiss it as nothing. If we ordered the book by order written it wouldn't necessarily make a lot of sense. The prologues and epilogues are only distinguished by their titles which mark them as chapter's whose characters are going to die. They are mostly directly connected to the story and basically indistinguishable some are directly connected and relevant to the plot. If you go by time why not consider the first two Dany chapter's prologues they clearly take place some time before the rest of the story.

Givne the Faceless men have their origins in the volcanic mines of valyria I doubt the COTF had anything to do with them.

The bleeding of the Weirwood is probably sap and it wouldn't have bleed during the tourney of Harrenhal. The Tourney of Harrenhal took place during the false spring when some but not all thought spring had arrived. The maesters disagreed and presumably a partially magic tree is smart enough to know the warm weather is a trick and not start coming back to life after a long winter.

The God's Eye is called that because it looks like an eye if you're a god (from above). Why must it's name tie it to characters acting millennium after it formed.

Bloodraven must be alive. Varamyr believes in his chapter that once his true body dies and he takes another his gift dies with him. Bloodraven is still clearly a powerful skinchanger and greenseer so assuming the same applies then he should be alive of a sorts.Leaf also describes as still being alive and while she may be lying given that he hasn't totally gone into the tree we must assume he is still sort of alive.

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XV

"Please," Ned said, "my daughters …" The door crashed shut. He blinked as the light vanished, lowered his head to his chest, and curled up on the straw. It no longer stank of urine and shit. It no longer smelled at all.
He could no longer tell the difference between waking and sleeping. The memory came creeping upon him in the darkness, as vivid as a dream. It was the year of false spring, and he was eighteen again, down from the Eyrie to the tourney at Harrenhal. He could see the deep green of the grass, and smell the pollen on the wind. Warm days and cool nights and the sweet taste of wine. He remembered Brandon's laughter, and Robert's berserk valor in the melee, the way he laughed as he unhorsed men left and right. He remembered Jaime Lannister, a golden youth in scaled white armor, kneeling on the grass in front of the king's pavilion and making his vows to protect and defend King Aerys. Afterward, Ser Os well Whent helped Jaime to his feet, and the White Bull himself, Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower, fastened the snowy cloak of the Kingsguard about his shoulders. All six White Swords were there to welcome their newest brother.

I guess the other trees and plants didn't get the memo and decide it was time to mate any ways. Eddard is getting a big wiff of tree spunk that only comes in the spring.

And time wise, yes, Dany's chapter may come first, but it is not the first chapter. 

And its quite likely the Cotf were enslaved by the Valyrians, or at least their cousins in Essos known as the Wood Walkers or what ever the Dothraki feared so much to the north. Also those in Qarth by the blue black trees.

The God's Eye could not be connected, but then, why would the author make such a clear association? When he is very meticulous 

3 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XV

"Please," Ned said, "my daughters …" The door crashed shut. He blinked as the light vanished, lowered his head to his chest, and curled up on the straw. It no longer stank of urine and shit. It no longer smelled at all.
He could no longer tell the difference between waking and sleeping. The memory came creeping upon him in the darkness, as vivid as a dream. It was the year of false spring, and he was eighteen again, down from the Eyrie to the tourney at Harrenhal. He could see the deep green of the grass, and smell the pollen on the wind. Warm days and cool nights and the sweet taste of wine. He remembered Brandon's laughter, and Robert's berserk valor in the melee, the way he laughed as he unhorsed men left and right. He remembered Jaime Lannister, a golden youth in scaled white armor, kneeling on the grass in front of the king's pavilion and making his vows to protect and defend King Aerys. Afterward, Ser Os well Whent helped Jaime to his feet, and the White Bull himself, Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower, fastened the snowy cloak of the Kingsguard about his shoulders. All six White Swords were there to welcome their newest brother.

I guess the other trees and plants didn't get the memo and decide it was time to mate any ways. Eddard is getting a big wiff of tree spunk that only comes in the spring.

And time wise, yes, Dany's chapter may come first, but it is not the first chapter. 

And its quite likely the Cotf were enslaved by the Valyrians, or at least their cousins in Essos known as the Wood Walkers or what ever the Dothraki feared so much to the north. Also those in Qarth by the blue black trees.

The God's Eye could not be connected, but then, why would the author make such a clear association? When he is very meticulous 

Of course they didn't they're dumb plants they don't have highly intelligent greenseer spirits living inside them to tell them that it's a trick and not to waste energy by coming to life. Other plants don't have that.

They weren't Ifeguevron is so far from where the Valryians actually went as to be ridiculous. It's lie on the opposite side of the original region of the Dothraki sea. If the Valyrians desired to conquer there why hadn't taken Sarnor first instead. There aren't any serious suggests the trees in Qarth are related to the children of the forest in anyway are there or do you have information I lack.

Also on the God's Eye that's the name of the lake not the island. The island is the isle of faces which looking back at your statement seems to be a mistake your making unless you're not making yourself clear again. Either way there are probably plenty of coincidental names that could possibly tie into some massive theory if you just squint at it the right way. Doesn't mean it is actually the case though does it.

2 minutes ago, Thandros said:

Of course they didn't they're dumb plants they don't have highly intelligent greenseer spirits living inside them to tell them that it's a trick and not to waste energy by coming to life. Other plants don't have that.

They weren't Ifeguevron is so far from where the Valryians actually went as to be ridiculous. It's lie on the opposite side of the original region of the Dothraki sea. If the Valyrians desired to conquer there why hadn't taken Sarnor first instead. There aren't any serious suggests the trees in Qarth are related to the children of the forest in anyway are there or do you have information I lack.

Also on the God's Eye that's the name of the lake not the island. The island is the isle of faces which looking back at your statement seems to be a mistake your making unless you're not making yourself clear again. Either way there are probably plenty of coincidental names that could possibly tie into some massive theory if you just squint at it the right way. Doesn't mean it is actually the case though does it.

Welp, can't argue with this lol

I think you are reaching in trying to dissociate things but not everyone thinks things are related. Not doing much to dissuade me though

8 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Welp, can't argue with this lol

I think you are reaching in trying to dissociate things but not everyone thinks things are related. Not doing much to dissuade me though

I apologise for being unable to convince you that not every off hand mention of one character and another as somehow being in the slightest bit similar is sufficient to form the basis of a theory. You may require people more experienced with correcting such beliefs.

1 minute ago, Thandros said:

I apologise for being unable to convince you that not every off hand mention of one character and another as somehow being in the slightest bit similar is sufficient to form the basis of a theory. You may require people more experienced with correcting such beliefs.

The goal here wasn't to dis-convince me of anything. It was to merely share your opinion on how you took the info, which you did :)

The 13th PoV (I think) of the series, if you disregard prologues and epilogues, is Cersei, in A Feast for Crows. Make of it what you will.

She dreamt she sat the Iron Throne, high above them all.
The courtiers were brightly colored mice below. Great lords and proud ladies knelt before her. Bold young knights laid their swords at her feet and pleaded for her favors, and the queen smiled down at them. Until the dwarf appeared as if from nowhere, pointing at her and howling with laughter. The lords and ladies began to chuckle too, hiding their smiles behind their hands. Only then did the queen realize she was naked.
Horrified, she tried to cover herself with her hands. The barbs and blades of the Iron Throne bit into her flesh as she crouched to hide her shame. Blood ran red down her legs, as steel teeth gnawed at her buttocks. When she tried to stand, her foot slipped through a gap in the twisted metal. The more she struggled the more the throne engulfed her, tearing chunks of flesh from her breasts and belly, slicing at her arms and legs until they were slick and red, glistening.
And all the while her brother capered below, laughing.
His merriment still echoed in her ears when she felt a light touch on her shoulder, and woke suddenly. For half a heartbeat the hand seemed part of the nightmare, and Cersei cried out, but it was only Senelle. The maid's face was white and frightened.
We are not alone, the queen realized. Shadows loomed around her bed, tall shapes with chain mail glimmering beneath their cloaks. Armed men had no business here. Where are my guards? Her bedchamber was dark, but for the lantern one of the intruders held on high. I must show no fear. Cersei pushed back sleep-tousled hair, and said, "What do you want of me?" A man stepped into the lantern light, and she saw his cloak was white. "Jaime?" I dreamt of one brother, but the other has come to wake me.

A Feast for Crows - Cersei I

Archived