Most disturbing characters in the series ?

Which characters of the books do you find to be really really disturbing either by their personality, or by their appearance or even their simple way of talking ?

I have to say that Euron is really creepy and unnerving with his frequent drinking of Blue Shade, the times he makes references to dreams that may or not be true, him cutting the tongues of others as well as his use of sex to creep or humiliate or destroy psychologically his enemies such as him having Humfrey Hewett's wife and trueborn daughters forced to serve him and his raiders naked while poor lord Humfrey can only watch tied to his chair and gaged, and later having Victarion meet him while he's naked with just a cloak to hide some of his body. And that's nothing before reading the Forsaken and the confirmation that he raped Urrigon and Aeron, and the torture he puts Aeron through.

Ramsay Snow/Bolton with his cruelty and sadism could fill an entire library just with his deeds, especially with his treatment of Theon and poor Jeyne Pool, with it being even implied that he forced Jeyne to have sex with his dogs.

While she's far from the two above examples in terms of cruelty and horrifying actions, Lysa Arryn is a pretty creepy and disturbing character in her own way with her insanity and toxic and obsessive relations with her son and Littlefinger. Her absurdly strong pampering of her "Sweetrobin" always make me cringe. And her obsessive crush on Petyr Baelish, I say crush because I can't call that love, is very disturbing and creepy too with her litterally asking Petyr to make her scream and her trying to murder her own niece after accusing Sansa of having kissed him while it was the other way around. And that's not counting the fact that she raped Petyr twice.

Tywin and Cersei disturb me, personally. They're both colossal narcissists who view almost everyone as pawns to be used or enemies to be defeated. And we can almost understand them; Cersei is partially reacting to her marginalisation in a patriarchal society, while Tywin watched his kind but weak-willed father lose control of a position he was never supposed to have in the first place. That they aren't cartoonish villains makes it more disturbing to me.

Ramsay , Euron , Vargo Hoat and Gregor are equally distressing to me. at least the 2 later ones aren't that much in the story. then among the POVs , Cersei's chapters are disturbing to me to the point I need to release my anger by boxing practice:wacko:

Arya Stark is the most disturbing character in the series.  It is partially because of her young age.  Readers do not expect an insane, brutal killer at that age.  Arya reeks of blood.  She is disturbing and I am sure that was the author's intentions.  

Sadly, Martin does a fantastic and credible job of showing the very ugly side of the human disposition.  I didn't necessarily love Beric Dondarion but realize I became a fan through Thoros' eyes, which also makes me a fan of Thoros himself.  Even a wraith, The Lightning Lord kicked ass, took names and organized a justice league, twisted as it became.  I really do think Lady Stoneheart is the creepiest character of them all.  I know what Catelyn Tully was just as I know what Beric Dondarion was but nothing I know about either of them could ever lead me to LSH.  What is she really thinking?   What is that crown twirling?   Why is she so utterly convinced Brienne is a punk?  Is revenge the only thing in her heart?   We are told "She wants her son alive, or the men who killed him dead," said the big man. "She wants to feed the crows, like they did at the Red Wedding. Freys and Boltons, aye. We'll give her those, as many as she likes. All she asks from you is Jaime Lannister."  AFFC Brienne VIII

Note only one son is all she wants alive.  If not this one son, she will take those who betrayed him.   This isn't Catelynish even a little bit for her fans.  She wants specific revenge for Robb's death.   No mention of Bran or Rickon or even Sansa.  She never just thought about 1 child when she was Catelyn.  Catelyn was the woman who told Renly he and Stannis needed spankings.   So LSH isn't Catelyn Stark and she isn't Beric Dondarion.   She is something really Other.  

11 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Septon Utt.

Shame they didn't get creative with him. 

My opinions for the most disturbing: 

Ramsay: how the hell anyone can get pleasure from chasing some girl through the woods, flaying and raping her is one piece of shitty scum.  I hope gets the same treatment in the books as he did in the show. 

Euron: apparently assaulted his younger brothers, killed three of them, and is a major threat to practically everyone if he gets his hands on a dragon.  

Cersei: Threw her friend down the well and watched her die. (I would add her bedding Jaime here, but I would be a hypocrite for condemning Cersei and condoning Targaryens). It was either her or Joffrey who ordered Robert's bastards killed, including a baby and her mom. All sorts of stuff, along with a potential detonation of the wildfire later on. 

Personality, by far Gregor Clegane and Ramsey. They enjoy the things that they do, and they took things too far, Vargo and Theon being the biggest example of that. Euron is crazy sure, but so far it has be mostly talk and reputation, he hasn't a "work" to show us how far he can get yet.

By appeareance it has to be Beric or Robert Strong, they are undead freaks that barely talk.

By way of speak, well Tywin, because he keeps his words in the worst way possibles, but he is also a liar with no boundries or ethics, he is capable of everything no regard for law or costume, so every threat should be taken serious, but every reward should not be counted on. Theon now that he is barely functional human being also kind of creep.

Cersei Pov's on the other hand, makes me want to take a shower after every chapter... so messed up, but also kind funny, the whole thing about swallowing Robert's babies was hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

For me, it's hard to be precise about it. I don't have a one-to-one correspondence between the degree of someone's moral transgression and my extent of moral disgust.

Like, I can acknowledge that there are a few people who are more repellent than Tywin Lannister (Gregor, Roose, Ramsey, Euron), but anyone beyond Tywin has basically reached my maximum level of revulsion, so it's a plateau from there on out. Ramsey might be worse than Roose, but they're both absolutely monstrous to me, so it's hard to really say.

As for Euron, the full extent of his monstrosity remains to be confirmed. There are certainly some disturbing hints though. For those who have read The Forsaken chapter in TWOW,

Spoiler

we already know that he had repeatedly raped his brothers when they were children. 

Added to that, there are indications that he is a greenseer, and by extension also a skinchanger. Given this, and Thistle's resistance to Varamyr's attempted possession, it's possible that Euron's removing the tongues of his crew hints at his successful possession of these people--he made it easier for himself to enter their minds the first time, and repeatedly, until they stopped resisting. Chilling.

Spoiler

And it potentially adds an even more disturbing layer to the violation of his brothers.

Okay I feel gross....

17 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

For me, it's hard to be precise about it. I don't have a one-to-one correspondence between the degree of someone's moral transgression and my extent of moral disgust.

Like, I can acknowledge that there are a few people who are more repellent than Tywin Lannister (Gregor, Roose, Ramsey, Euron), but anyone beyond Tywin has basically reached my maximum level of revulsion, so it's a plateau from there on out. Ramsey might be worse than Roose, but they're both absolutely monstrous to me, so it's hard to really say.

As for Euron, the full extent of his monstrosity remains to be confirmed. There are certainly some disturbing hints though. For those who have read The Forsaken chapter in TWOW,

Reveal hidden contents

we already know that he had repeatedly raped his brothers when they were children. 

Added to that, there are indications that he is a greenseer, and by extension also a skinchanger. Given this, and Thistle's resistance to Varamyr's attempted possession, it's possible that Euron's removing the tongues of his crew hints at his successful possession of these people--he made it easier for himself to enter their minds the first time, and repeatedly, until they stopped resisting. Chilling.

Reveal hidden contents

And it potentially adds an even more disturbing layer to the violation of his brothers.

Okay I feel gross....

one more gross thing about Euron:wacko: (but not as disturbing as the one with children):

Spoiler

he probably skinchanges the Dusky Woman who sleeps with his brother.

I hope he dies soon.

Petyr Baelish: Creepily obsessed with a woman he'll never get to have, and murdered her sister over it. Betrayed Ned Stark just to show you can't trust anybody. Also have a bad feeling about what he'll do with Robert Arryn and Sansa Stark, who's posing as his bastard daughter.

Aerys II: Should this one be self-explanatory?

Walder Frey: The man who's got like, a dozen wives and a horde of kids he doesn't really care about. Acts like a man-child in the worst possible way; he would make Robert Arryn look like he's wise beyond his years. He also concocted the Red Wedding over a mix-up in marriages with his own house (and who's to say he wasn't going to do this is Robb had married Roslin?).

Jojen Reed: I'm surprised nobody's brought him up yet. This kid knows he's going to die and acts really weird about greenseers and stuff like that. 

Rhaegar Targaryen: A guy who started a war by abducting a teenage girl to (presumably) fulfill a prophecy is far from the Prince That Was Promised everyone thought him to be.

10 hours ago, Kinola said:

Walder Frey: The man who's got like, a dozen wives and a horde of kids he doesn't really care about. Acts like a man-child in the worst possible way; he would make Robert Arryn look like he's wise beyond his years. He also concocted the Red Wedding over a mix-up in marriages with his own house (and who's to say he wasn't going to do this is Robb had married Roslin?).

A mixup!!!!!  Robb betrayed the Freys!  No mixup there.  Robb just chose love over his vows. 

Anything to do with menstruation.

“Have you flowered yet little girl?”

Gross.

Osha 

Really no one else?

"Isn't that sweet?" she said again. "Not so fast, oh, slow, yes, like that. There now, there now, yes, sweet, sweet. You know nothing, Jon Snow, but I can show you. Harder now. Yessss."

Gross and grosser 

22 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Anything to do with menstruation.

“Have you flowered yet little girl?”

Gross.

Osha 

Really no one else?

"Isn't that sweet?" she said again. "Not so fast, oh, slow, yes, like that. There now, there now, yes, sweet, sweet. You know nothing, Jon Snow, but I can show you. Harder now. Yessss."

Gross and grosser 

Good thing you weren't born female. LIfe would an endless slog of icky, huh?

4 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

Good thing you weren't born female. LIfe would an endless slog of icky, huh?

Endless slog?! :gasp:

As a child in Westeros, with strangers  waiting to reap my bloom, yea I’d be lucky. 

If I was a lady on Earth? I’d be brand bragging “Bad Bitch” tampons size XXL. Throwing out and Catching  high-5s on red tide week

As a dude on Earth? I keep it Old Testament. “When a woman’s moon blood is upon her, she shall be kept from the house, kept from the barn for she is unclean. So God has spoken “

just kidding :) 

Archived